• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long have you been playing ACNL?

How long have you been playing ACNL?

• Just started not to long ago!

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • One year

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Two years

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Three years

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Four years

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Ever since it came out!

Votes: 47 45.2%

• Total voters
Since launch.
ACNL and Pokemon X/Y are the reasons I even got a 3DS in the first place hahah.

Ever since it came out! It's actually my reason for buying a 3ds.

3 years! (Since Jan. 2014)
I would have bought ACNL at launch, but I was so disappointed with City Folk (because of the horrible controls) that I didn't bother with ACNL until Dec. 2013, when I bought myself a LoZ 3DS and ACNL. I started the game that January, and have only taken two breaks: once out of disgust when Mallary--my all-time favorite AC villager--moved out*, and then again when the WA update hit. I was afraid to update in case of random corruption.

*Mallary moved into Goblin and has her own pond, so that ended well. :p

Since American Release Date. I really was that hyped. The best hype I ever had since that last DLC Pack in Mario Kart 8. Soon for MK8 Deluxe if more cool stuff comes out.

I have been playing New Leaf since the day before European release. Before that, I played City Folk and Wild World. I first discovered the Animal Crossing series in 2009/2010.

Ever since it was released in Europe, I remember asking my mum to go and pick it up for me because I was still in school and luckily it came out on the Friday so not only was it a nice thing to come home to but I also got to play it all weekend with my internet friends and my friend from school. c:

June 2013. And I've gotten a new town pretty much every year since I started playing NL, lol.

I played it when it came out for about a year or more, but then I ended up not remembering where I last put it. Turns out, it was in a case for a game I had recently bought, so I've found it and I'm just now restarting with a new town.

I got it on the day it came out in the UK. I pre ordered it from amazon so it'd come the same day it was released. I remember that day exactly haha, I literally ran home from school because I was so excited to play. Needless to say it was an awesome day. It was also the reason I got a 3DS. I basically had no other 3DS games except ACNL for a long while haha.

Last edited:
Playing a few months after launch. To be exact, Sept. 1 2013.

Also played:
Animal Crossing : Wild World
Animal Crossing : City Folk

Sometimes I'll take a break for a few montjs then create a new town, but I've been playing since it first came out :) Hard to believe it's been so long already!

I started my first town in early 2014. New Leaf was the first game I played, but honestly, if not for the fact everyone's told me New Leaf is far superior to Wild World, I'd probably buy and play it. I'm just torn about whether or not I should bother. I'm a bit of a graphics snob... To me it's like going back to Pokemon Heart Gold after playing Pokemon Y or Moon...

a few months after it came out (september??? i cant remember some time in fall 2013)

but all my goddamn towns say i started in 2016 or 2017 because i reset all the time, so in my newest town i just set the date to september 2013 when i arrived in town. when the next game comes out there is no way im resetting the amount of times i did in nl.

Only since May 2015. I've been addicted ever since, but I really wish I'd gotten into it sooner!

Since the US release date. I was hoping this was hours clocked because I'm just about at 2000 hours and I hope I'm not the only one.

Back