when do you think a new ac game will come?

Dashonthecob

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I'm guessing not for a while since the amiibo update came out not too long ago. Maybe in the 20s? (sounds weird saying that, whenever I hear 20s I think 1920s)

I think the next ac game with stay on the 3ds also.

I hope it stays on the 3DS but I have a sick feeling we'll all be forced to buy the switch. :C

I'd say maybe 2020. The mobile game's release date was just pushed back and could end up coming out as late as spring, 2018. That'll buy New Leaf some time, especially if they release another update for New Leaf to make it able to connect to the mobile game.

Well

ACWW released 1 year after DS release
ACCF released 2 years after Wii release
ACNL released 2 years after 3DS release

Im expecting Animal Crossing Switch will come on 2018 - 2020

I hope it stays on the 3DS but I have a sick feeling we'll all be forced to buy the switch. :C

i read that they didn't plan to move ac over to the switch, maybe i read it wrong but i'm convinced they'll keep in on the ds

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd say maybe 2020. The mobile game's release date was just pushed back and could end up coming out as late as spring, 2018. That'll buy New Leaf some time, especially if they release another update for New Leaf to make it able to connect to the mobile game.

i'm excited for it all, def going to buy the next release.

i read that they didn't plan to move ac over to the switch, maybe i read it wrong but i'm convinced they'll keep in on the ds

OMG WHAT? Source? Having to buy a Switch is like, my number one gaming nightmare lol so this is good news if it's true!! ^_^
After buying City Folk, it confirmed the fact that I like Animal Crossing on a handheld. I know that you can bring the Switch to go but I'd rather bring a 3DS to go.

OMG WHAT? Source? Having to buy a Switch is like, my number one gaming nightmare lol so this is good news if it's true!! ^_^
After buying City Folk, it confirmed the fact that I like Animal Crossing on a handheld. I know that you can bring the Switch to go but I'd rather bring a 3DS to go.

i can't find the source anymore, idk a lot of people seem convinced that ac is coming to the switch but there is no way i am ever going to buy the switch just to play ac. I don't know much about the switch either and i'm not at all interested in it and i really hope that if ac comes to the switch they also bring it back to the 3ds. I'm going to be seriously disappointed if it doesn't.

I'm pretty sure its gonna come to the Switch. It looked so awesome for the Fake Trailer! Balloon rides instead of trains! What a dream to come. Luckily I'm young and wont die before it comes out o/

Right after the next 4 spin-offs! :D

My initial guess was in the Switch's first year but maybe 2018 is more likely.
I don't think it will be released for the 3DS however. I think the 3DS will be dead and buried by the end of the year sadly.

Since we didn't get a complete AC game for the Wii U, I am personally going to guess that we'll see a new AC in 2018 or 2019 due to the Amiibo update for ACNL and to also give developers plenty of time to work on a new, quality AC experience which will even beat the awesomeness of New Leaf. :D

Well

ACWW released 1 year after DS release
ACCF released 2 years after Wii release
ACNL released 2 years after 3DS release

Im expecting Animal Crossing Switch will come on 2018 - 2020

Don't forget New Leaf was delayed, it was supposed to launch in 2011/2012, but instead launched in 2012/2013 because it was a new engine build- look up Animal Crossing 3DS E3, 2011 and you'll see how rough it looked. Now that Splatoon 2 is done and almost out, the team should be working on Animal Crossing Switch, as they share the same development team, so it should be working on the next Animal Crossing which should be released in 2018 or 2019.

They're NOT going to have THREE Animal Crossing games on one system. The most they've had is 2, in Japan on the GameCube and on the 3DS now. The 3DS will be at least 7 or 8 years old before the next Animal Crossing game comes out and that dated tech is going to hold developers back. Plus, that whole console/handheld argument is lost on Switch, because without the dock, it's nothing more than an enhanced 2DS using a single screen and detachable controllers as the battery lives are similar, and sizes are, well actually, the Switch will overall be less surface area than a 2DS if you break it apart, because the screen is about the size of a folded 3DS XL, and the controllers 2 Game Boy Micros, so the thing is tiny. Not to mention there's never a need to even play it on a television, and it can do 8 local play on the units, MORE than what 3DS allows with New Leaf, so all around Switch is the FAR BETTER PORTABLE than 3DS.

im hoping its next year but im having trouble in having faith in nintendo making a new ac game anytime soon since they keep failing in terms of ac in my eyes, they keep making boring/ terrible spinoffs, pushing things back and trying to make new leaf last longer instead of making a new game
but if they do and when they do make one im sure itll be for the switch i cant see it being for the 3ds because its way outdated and there would be no real purpose in making another 3ds game

They're NOT going to have THREE Animal Crossing games on one system. The most they've had is 2, in Japan on the GameCube and on the 3DS now. The 3DS will be at least 7 or 8 years old before the next Animal Crossing game comes out and that dated tech is going to hold developers back. Plus, that whole console/handheld argument is lost on Switch, because without the dock, it's nothing more than an enhanced 2DS using a single screen and detachable controllers as the battery lives are similar, and sizes are, well actually, the Switch will overall be less surface area than a 2DS if you break it apart, because the screen is about the size of a folded 3DS XL, and the controllers 2 Game Boy Micros, so the thing is tiny. Not to mention there's never a need to even play it on a television, and it can do 8 local play on the units, MORE than what 3DS allows with New Leaf, so all around Switch is the FAR BETTER PORTABLE than 3DS.

Finally, someone who understands that the Switch could be far more portable than the 3DS which will be dated by the time the next Animal Crossing game comes out. We can't just hold everything back on dated technology, at some point everything will have to move on. At this rate, they will probably make a game BOTH for the 3DS and Switch which will cause issues (just look at LittleBigPlanet 3, released both on PS3 and PS4 due to it's fanbase mostly being on PS3 which caused the game to be slightly rushed and then rushed further due to SONY's greed and then becoming a failure compared to the previous games when it was released). Also, this thread is called "WHEN do you think a new AC game will come?", not "Do you think an AC game will come out on the Switch?". I think that we won't be getting another main-series Animal Crossing game until 2019 to 2023 (New Leaf would be 10 years old by then!).

Predicting the next entry later than 2020 is kind of nuts to me. It's never taken Nintendo that long to produce a new Animal Crossing. The longest was New Leaf which took 5 years, and this year New Leaf will be 4 years old. Given how successful the series has become, its a given they started development on the next game as soon as New Leaf was done.

My guess is next year on the Switch (Nintendo has now publicly said they hope/plan for 3DS owners to eventually upgrade to the Switch). The Animal Crossing smartphone game means the next main game isn’t far away. Nintendo’s whole thesis with apps is they spur sales on their own hardware. They wouldn’t be making an Animal Crossing app if the next game was that far away. I think we’ll get a new Animal Crossing (in Japan) within a year of the app’s release and a reveal of it some time this year.

The only question is localization which takes a long time for this game. Japan will get it 'on time' but the rest of us might have to wait quite a bit longer.

Last edited:
Predicting the next entry later than 2020 is kind of nuts to me. It's never taken Nintendo that long to produce a new Animal Crossing. The longest was New Leaf which took 5 years, and this year New Leaf will be 4 years old. Given how successful the series has become, its a given they started development on the next game as soon as New Leaf was done.

My guess is next year on the Switch (Nintendo has now publicly said they hope/plan for 3DS owners to eventually upgrade to the Switch). The Animal Crossing smartphone game means the next main game isn’t far away. Nintendo’s whole thesis with apps is they spur sales on their own hardware. They wouldn’t be making an Animal Crossing app if the next game was that far away. I think we’ll get a new Animal Crossing (in Japan) within a year of the app’s release and a reveal of it some time this year.

The only question is localization which takes a long time for this game. Japan will get it 'on time' but the rest of us might have to wait quite a bit longer.

If it would be released next year, then that means they only had 1 year to work on it unless they've started development before 2017. If anything, I'd assume it will be out by 2019 or 2020.

If I am not mistaken Nintendo 3DS came out around March 2011 and New Leaf around a year after, so I hope not but I think it is more likely to come out next year..

It'll come out on the Switch for sure. They need to sell more consoles, so of course they're going to put it on the Switch. Ugh. That'll be the game that makes me fold and buy the stupid thing. :\ A release date in 2 to 4 years doesn't sound too unlikely.

Last edited:
Back