when do you think a new ac game will come?

praying it comes out in 2017-2019. i'd hate to have to start my life right when i wanna start my animal crossing life

Nintendo have confirmed that Breath of the Wild is the last game they are producing internally for the Switch.

That means there's the possibility of a few more titles from other studios (most likely only available via the eShop), but there won't be any more Nintendo games released for it. The 3DS, on the other hand, isn't discontinued yet, and they released Happy Home Designer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they released two versions similar to how they released Super Smash Bros.

Wait - Nintendo have confirmed that their *launch* title is the *last* internally produced game for the switch? And that other games would likely be exclusively for the eshop?? That sounds like an appalling bad business decision if so..

Nintendo have confirmed that Breath of the Wild is the last game they are producing internally for the Switch.

That means there's the possibility of a few more titles from other studios (most likely only available via the eShop), but there won't be any more Nintendo games released for it. The 3DS, on the other hand, isn't discontinued yet, and they released Happy Home Designer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they released two versions similar to how they released Super Smash Bros.

Evidence? This seems pretty false to me. Why would Nintendo instantly discontinue a console as soon as they release it?

Something I thought about the other day. The switch doesn't have a camera, right? And the QR code thingy with patterns was used often by many players. IF there will be an AC for the switch, I wonder what would happen to the QR code machine. I can't imagine it not being in the game considering it's popularity. Maybe you could use a phone app for it? Or something? What do you guys think?

Kinda old but the switch does have a camera! They showed it in the presentation its on one of the joy cons :D

Is it coming to the Switch? Of course. When? I'm not sure.
I'd be very surprised if we didn't hear anything about it at this year's E3, even if it's just a vague comment that "it's coming" or a logo on a list of upcoming titles.

i think you mean the wii u since thats what they said about the wii u XD
they wouldnt abandon their new console xD

I sort of feel that with this new update that came out in November, we'll be seeing a new Animal Crossing by Holiday 2018 or 2019.

Oh gosh. I hope not soon because I am going to be so tempted and want it so bad, but I definitely shouldn't splurge for one for a while.

Though, I'll definitely look forward to watching videos and getting excited about it/seeing everyone else playing so I guess if it did come out sooner that wouldn't be so bad. But I don't even have a TV so I probably shouldn't get a Switch, lol.

the mobile game isnt out yet and keeps getting pushed back and im assuming they wont release another console game so shortly after the mobile version, especially since nintendo will milk all product for whatever money it can provide (ex. all the updates for ACNL/incorporating amiibo etc)

not that i mind that much bc i will lay down money for all AC content BUT STILL LOL

They need time to announce it, so I very highly doubt it would come out this month, or next month, or the month after that, or the month after the month after that or just any time soon.

Hope it does though! Haha. :D
Or even be announced at the end of this month.

Last edited:
Seems like never, it's been 5 years since the last one with some updates. Seems like they don't care anymore, nothing is announced. If they are working on it, i would guess 2019 as they haven't revealed anything. Hopefully they show something at e3 this year but i highly doubt it. I sound very pessimistic but it's been ages, i' starting to get annoyed lol

Seems like never, it's been 5 years since the last one with some updates. Seems like they don't care anymore, nothing is announced. If they are working on it, i would guess 2019 as they haven't revealed anything. Hopefully they show something at e3 this year but i highly doubt it. I sound very pessimistic but it's been ages, i' starting to get annoyed lol

I know same. I have been a fan of AC since the GameCube but I never got ACNL until last month.
I didn't have a 3ds until recently and I never got one until now because I didn't have enough money. I wanted it since its release and I was really jealous of people who owned it. ;P I watched videos but I just played WW and CF. I was going to get ACNL last year but I put it off thinking that a new Animal Crossing must soon be announced and I thought there will be no point in getting NL since it got realised ages ago. But then I got disheartened that nothing about a new game was release; not even a clue. So I decided to spend money on ACNL. But I'm glad I did because now I can say I own every game.

I hope we get it by 2018 at the latest. I wouldn't worry about not having a new game, Animal Crossing is a huge seller for Nintendo.

Back