• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

when do you think a new ac game will come?

More than likely with the next two years at least. I'm not planning on buying a Switch atm but a new AC would definitely tempt me...

Yes to the online being a paid service. I believe it's going to be around $20 a year. But it's something to do with a mobile app :/

I mean it's not like $20 a year is a whole lot, but for the amount I'd have to shell out for the Switch + games, the fact that I would have to pay to use internet that I already pay for is cah-raaaazyyy to me.

Hopefully sometime next year. I don't mind the paid online service especially if they're only gonna be around $30 for the whole year.

I'm only buying a switch because of AC, the same reason I bought a 3DS when I already had a DS :( My guess is that it will be on the Switch hopefully at the end of next year. They said the app is supposed to go with the game and that shouldn't be too long until its released (damn super Mario run). Also I think ?20 a year is a pretty good deal but it it's like ?10 a month I doubt I'll be playing online very much.

Last edited:
I'm only buying a switch because of AC, the same reason I bought a 3DS when I already had a DS :( My guess is that it will be on the Switch hopefully at the end of next year. They said the app is supposed to go with the game and that shouldn't be too long until its released (damn super Mario run). Also I think ?20 a year is a pretty good deal but it it's like ?10 a month I doubt I'll be playing online very much.

It's around ?16 or ?17 once a year in the UK. I think I can deal with that.

Well. That was click baity. The hints the guy's talking about are Animal Crossing icons in the Nintendo Switch OS. That's his biggest argument. That's weak. But we all know it's coming. We don't know when, that's it.

There were Animal Crossing icons in the Nintendo Wii's BIOS before City Folk was even announced so it could be possible. There was even a temporary bulletin board message that was meant to appear on the Wii message area, meaning that the game was once planned to not have a bulletin board and instead the messages that would appear on the bulletin board would've been sent to the Wii's message area.

I'm pretty sure it'll come out on the Switch. I'd rather just continue playing on my DS and I don't want New Leaf to become unpopular, but my sister is probably going to buy the Switch shortly after it comes out.
I think it's going to be 2-5 years before the new one comes out because of the update.

I hope we'll actually get a full game instead of just another spin off. I got ACNL the day it came out, so it's getting a little old at this point. I love animal crossing, so I can't wait for it to come out - I'm not as picky about the console but I prefer it on a DS. I plan on buying the switch but I'm always going to love my DS more than any other console. I'll get the game no matter what but my ds seems like it's going to be a little more travel friendly than the switch.

Anytime from now to spring 2018.
Not too long.
They said that the mobile app will work with the game, so they should be around the same period.
Now they said the same thing about Pokemon GO, and Pokemon SM came out around 4-5 months after GO, even though we don't have compatibility yet. It will come though, there's a line of code in the games that says "Thank you for playing Pok?mon GO! Please pick up your gift from the deliveryman in any Pok?mon Center." Mostly likely an update will come out that adds a compatibility feature with the main games.
I predict a announcement at E317, since they already showed us they're working on something (the update).

Last edited:
*prays that they keep it on the DS*

Anyways... basically anywhere from 2018-2020 hopefully.
I really enjoy the series and I can't wait to see how they expand on it and keep on 1-upping themselves. The Welcome Amiibo was an amazing twist on the game that definitely made me want to play ACNL even more. In fact I just ordered the reader and 12 amiibo cards on Tuesday and I'm getting them tonight so I can't wait to scan some villagers in n.n

People who come to this website never cease to amaze me.
They want the next AC to be on the 3DS.
One of the most profitable franchises they own.
And you guys think they will release it on their old system, not the new one they want to sell.
Sounds logical.

Something I thought about the other day. The switch doesn't have a camera, right? And the QR code thingy with patterns was used often by many players. IF there will be an AC for the switch, I wonder what would happen to the QR code machine. I can't imagine it not being in the game considering it's popularity. Maybe you could use a phone app for it? Or something? What do you guys think?

Something I thought about the other day. The switch doesn't have a camera, right? And the QR code thingy with patterns was used often by many players. IF there will be an AC for the switch, I wonder what would happen to the QR code machine. I can't imagine it not being in the game considering it's popularity. Maybe you could use a phone app for it? Or something? What do you guys think?

Codes maybe (like in the GCN game)? I'm not too sure to be honest.

I guess I can see them making the new AC on the switch, though I really hope they don't. Maybe they'll do what they did in the old days with the DS and Wii and release a version for the 3DS and the Switch?

People who come to this website never cease to amaze me.
They want the next AC to be on the 3DS.
One of the most profitable franchises they own.
And you guys think they will release it on their old system, not the new one they want to sell.
Sounds logical.

lmfao it's true right. I'm hoping it's on the 3DS simply because I do not wanna buy a Switch. However, I am totally aware that they WILL most likely be putting it on the Switch which sucks for me. haha

It would do well on the Switch but I'm just poor. lol

I think Nintendo will release a new AC game for the Switch perhap this time next year. (although, Christmas this year would be better for the hype it seems to me..., but i think we'd already be hearing rumors if one was in development for this year)

I think Nintendo will release a new AC game for the Switch perhap this time next year. (although, Christmas this year would be better for the hype it seems to me..., but i think we'd already be hearing rumors if one was in development for this year)

Nintendo have confirmed that Breath of the Wild is the last game they are producing internally for the Switch.

That means there's the possibility of a few more titles from other studios (most likely only available via the eShop), but there won't be any more Nintendo games released for it. The 3DS, on the other hand, isn't discontinued yet, and they released Happy Home Designer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they released two versions similar to how they released Super Smash Bros.

Back