Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Back in your days of being a kid, what things were considered cool?

For me:

. Eating Mr. Noodles uncooked
. Wearing sock feet instead of indoor shoes
. Not wearing snowpants at recess
. Having treats like bear paws, lunchables, wagon wheels, dunkaroos, fruit roll ups, etc
. Having the maximum friends on Tamagotchis
. Having dated or kissed someone
. Wearing tshirts and shorts when it was cold out
. Not wearing a coat in winter
. Swearing

Kids are so silly.~

Im from the UK and these were some of the things I grew up with that people thought were "cool":
-Shag bands
-Watching CBBC programmes and being up to date with Tracy Beaker
-Definitely the no coat in freezing weather thing
-Having cool American foods at lunch
-Knowing someone who had been on TV
-Tamagotchi's
-A top knotch Bebo profile

Kinda miss childhood, growing up is terrifying haha

graphic tees, particularly band shirts.
I remember Belly Washers being really popular in like 2003-2005 because of the cartoon character collectibles they functioned as.

Tamogotchis ,extremely oversized sweaters ,Saved by the bell,the spice girls,playing outside and your entire wardrobe being passed down to the next youngest relative . I miss the 90s sometimes☺

- relationships lasting for over a week were an accomplishment LOL
- drinking coffee / starbucks stuff
- uggs

as for boys i think they liked football..orwahetever i dont know

so glad i wasnt into any of that stuff and preserved my childhood

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and owning 1 direction songs looooooooool

When I was in middle school, everyone seemed to be obsessed with these animal shaped rubber bands. Iirc, they were called "silly bands".

Idk I went to Catholic school and I remember everyone in my class trying to stab each other with woodchips and pretending it was Call of Duty? Kids would be like "u got shanked lol"

Elementary school was literally so surreal I can barely remember any of it

When I was in middle school, everyone seemed to be obsessed with these animal shaped rubber bands. Iirc, they were called "silly bands".

oh gosh yes Silly Bands were soooo crazy popular. They were banned at my school because kids would wear absolute sleeves of them and their fingers would start turning red.

When I was in middle school, EVERYONE used to go to school with distressed Eastpack backpacks with the shoulder straps extended at their maximum length, so that the bag would hang reeeaally low on our backs, almost lower than our butts.

No idea why that was a thing, or even if it was popular anywhere else outside of my country. If a kid did that today they'd look like the biggest idiot on the planet, but back then any school kid who DIDN'T do it would've been stared at as if he was crazy and avoided like the plague. So weird.

I remember competing with one of my friends on who could last the longest without wearing a jacket in winter (granted it isn't exactly cold in winter here).
Extra Gum (I used to sell for 20 cents, it was great).
Writing your name and crushes name on the marble tree, the higher you went the better.

I remember thinking retainers were the coolest thing ever, and my best friend and I would take colored paperclips and bend them to a "U" shape so we could wear them on our teeth. I also was always jealous of kids who wore glasses, and while I maintained perfect vision throughout my childhood, time ran its course and I'm now as blind as the best of them. Oh, and wearing boy's hightop shoes was probably the coolest thing ever. I remember having a pair of black ones with neon green accents and feeling so tough the first time I wore them to school. Good times.

Lol I was one of those people. I would start losing the feeling in my arms and fingers and not even care because I was so "cool". XD

Kids used to wear these jelly bracelets and each colour meant something. If you broke the bracelet, you would have to do whatever the colour meant. All I remember is that black meant sex. Lol so kids would try to break other kids' bracelets to get them "in trouble."

Oh and MASH games were the bomb. We always did them. Same with those dream catcher things.

Crocs, of course. The more gem things you had the cooler you were.

Keychains were cool too. If you had 1000 on your bag, you were awesome.

Wearing a backpack with one strap on your shoulder was considered cool and thus messenger bags were highly popular in grade 7 for me.

Eating Mr. Noodles uncooked

I remember this, except people who did this at my school ate uncooked Maruchan.

(NSFW?) I remember when I was in middle school, people used to wear those colored bracelets where a certain color determines what you would do with that person (if they broke the bracelet, IIRC).

Back