• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The "I wish" thread..what do YOU wish the game had, or allowed

OoMayorSummeroO

beautiful disaster
Bells
I wish we were able to send mail and gifts to our friends in other villages...that would be amazing.
I also wish that the snorkel/dive goggles would allow you to SEE underwater!!! It would make it so much more interesting with fishing and diving!! It'd also make for some really awesome tours!
I wish we could arrange/throw parties or events of our own and invite others to attend!

Being able to drop mannequins.
More types of hybrids/flowers.
Bigger beach.
More fruits like blueberry or strawberries.
A system where online, you can choose to play with people your age.
Much more space for QR codes.
More types of villager personalities, like shy. Or add personalities to species who are lacking a variety like wolves.
More animals such as foxes, badgers, raccoons and hedgehogs.
More in-depth conversations with NPCs.
More ways to earn lots of bells.
An easier way to kick out villagers without using amiibos.
More space for a name and town name.
More activites for the mayor.
Villagers actually donating a decent amount to projects.

I wish that outfits could be more customizable. Like why can't we design shoes or pants just like we can for shirts and dresses?

Have more than 10 villagers living in a town at once, maybe like 15 again or 20.

I wish we were able to send mail and gifts to our friends in other villages...that would be amazing.

This was actually one of my greatest disappointments with the game... Like, what was the point of sending someone mail when you're already in their town?? You could just give them the gift and then type what you had to say in the chat.. So silly.

Your other ideas are really awesome too! One thing I wish is that the villagers had more personality. I want them to interact with the environment, actually get mad when you refuse to do something for them and hold grudges for a few days. When they come over, I want them to open drawers, check the fridge, turn on the TV and sit down for a bit. I love the way the villagers are in HHD. If they implemented that into ACNL, it would give the game so much more life. Right now, I see the villagers as decoration for the town. They're cute to look at, but I don't really care about talking to them anymore. Everything they say is repetitive and each personality shares the same dialogue.

I also want a dedicated toolbox so that my mail isn't always full.

I want a lot more storage space. Upwards of 2000. As it stands, the gap between storage space and amount of unorderables in the game is insane. For a game that encourages collecting, they don't make it very easy.. :(

More mannequins/allowing mannequins to be dropped and traded. I want to store certain outfits together so I don't have to look through my storage for all the matching items.

A way to distinguish items in the stores that you have already catalogued without having to check the machine. Perhaps an icon?

I want a way to skip dialogue. Everything is so repetitive and long winded when doing things like shopping, selling, going to the island, etc. It just makes everything so tedious and dull.

I could go on and on, but I don't have the energy, lol. :p

i wish you could host events and everyone could get together, also why can't you write to your mom??

This was actually one of my greatest disappointments with the game... Like, what was the point of sending someone mail when you're already in their town?? You could just give them the gift and then type what you had to say in the chat.. So silly.

Your other ideas are really awesome too! One thing I wish is that the villagers had more personality. I want them to interact with the environment, actually get mad when you refuse to do something for them and hold grudges for a few days. When they come over, I want them to open drawers, check the fridge, turn on the TV and sit down for a bit. I love the way the villagers are in HHD. If they implemented that into ACNL, it would give the game so much more life. Right now, I see the villagers as decoration for the town. They're cute to look at, but I don't really care about talking to them anymore. Everything they say is repetitive and each personality shares the same dialogue.

I also want a dedicated toolbox so that my mail isn't always full.

I want a lot more storage space. Upwards of 2000. As it stands, the gap between storage space and amount of unorderables in the game is insane. For a game that encourages collecting, they don't make it very easy.. :(

More mannequins/allowing mannequins to be dropped and traded. I want to store certain outfits together so I don't have to look through my storage for all the matching items.

A way to distinguish items in the stores that you have already catalogued without having to check the machine. Perhaps an icon?

I want a way to skip dialogue. Everything is so repetitive and long winded when doing things like shopping, selling, going to the island, etc. It just makes everything so tedious and dull.

I could go on and on, but I don't have the energy, lol. :p

Magnificent!!!!! Sooooo many fantastic ideas!!!!!!

I wish there could be more conversation options for the villagers. They are such a big part of the game and we all have ones we adore. I wish it could be more personal with them.

I really love the throwing your ow events idea, and sending your friends mail in other villages!! Who am I kidding ALL the ideas everyone has shared so far have been amazing!!!!

I agree 110% on the personality of the villagers, I think that sending them mail and gifts is cute but a phone for them would make more sense and being able to send mail to OTHER villagers is silly. I also wish that If you want to have someone move IN with you (like how you can create another character and have them live in the village...but they can live with you if you want)....

I also think that the bigger beach and more beach props is key, ALSO wtf why can't we have PWP we really use...like a swing set?!?! Like why can't I USE the jungle gym I have?!! I can spin it...that's all. Lame sauce.

The customizable shoes and pants is a must. As well as maybe adding coats, shawls, and such.

And maybe more choices for part time jobs not JUST at the roost for 3min... maybe allowing jobs at the museum or the able sisters??

I wish you could have multiple save files as in towns on the one game card. Do you understand how many people that have multiple copies of the game for that very reason? Like yo people pay around $60 each and there are people with about 5 copies. I love animal crossing but mate, imma be broke.

I also wish we had bigger beaches that allow you to put pwps on them. I'm obsessed with hacked towns on tumblr that put the hammock down there between two palm trees.

We need more pocket space. as well as a tool box so the tools don't take up all the space. but yes, pocket space would be nice. You don't understand how annoying it is to landscape and to be constantly going back and forth to collect more flowers in multiple trips because you didn't have enough pocket space.

More town ordinances, and more at once. I think there should be some kind of huge goal and in the end once completed you should be allowed to enact a second town ordinance. Like man I need beautiful town and bell boom.

More perspective outdoors. By that I mean being able to zoom out, zoom in and rotate your camera so you can view your town from a different perspective. I think that would be super neat and just think about how useful that would be when landscaping. Do you understand how many time I have to press up just to see how much space I have between buildings or if there are objects hidden behind trees you could easily see them.

Lastly I would like each villager to have more individuality. Every villager in the game is inspired by or is a reference to someone or something. Like yo I need Kevin the pig to start making some Kevin Bacon references

Ah... You can, actually. You just have to set the recipient field while you're in the other town and then take it to THEIR post office. You might be able to write the letter in your town and then change the recipient field in their town, but I'm not entirely sure. To be safe, write the letter in THEIR town and set the original recipient field from their residents list. Unless they've changed this with the WA update? Have they? I clearly remember being able to send letters to people in my mom's town with a recipient list of her and her residents...
As for myself, on the thread topic, I wish they'd release another update at some point that retrofits stuff like ceiling decor, rugs, window customization, and half-spaces from HHD into AC:NL. Honestly, that's what I was most excited about, ESPECIALLY half-spaces, but, alas...

Last edited:
I wish we could center items like in HHD. I was so disappointed they didn't add this to New Leaf when they updated it. It really bothers me how the objects can only go on the edge of things.

I wish there was more dialogue. I feel like my villagers repeat themselves too much.

I also wish you could write to your parents.

I wish you could decorate your villagers houses like in HHD. It's such a pain when a villager has a nice house and they wreck it by placing tons of fish, bugs, fossils, shirts and mismatched furniture everywhere. It takes forever to fix. It would be cool if they could request you help them decorate their houses like they do in HHD, rather than just ask for furniture items.

More custom design space. Eight really isn't enough for all the pretty paths and clothes I want to choose. ;A;

I know I've said this in another similar post but I wish we could be able to grow all perfect fruits. I would love to see some more pwps especially, like other people have said, for the beach area. I would like to see more fruits and the possibility of vegetables! Another thing I wish they had was a credit card type item like they had in City Folk/Let's go to the City. That credit card thing let us make purchases at Gracie's store without withdrawing money. My sister and I thought of that the other day while playing ACNL. I'd like more design spaces and more storage spaces for designs.

I wish there were a few more cute activities. Like that aerobics thing from the first game, that looks kinda fun to do with the villagers. And also no watered down personalities. Right now the crankies aren't cranky and smugs aren't really that smug imo. Make friendship levels more distinguishable in the process.

Being able to throw away unread mail. So tedious having to click 'read' on 10 letters from Nooks when you already know what they say, just to be eligible to trash them.

It'd be awesome and much faster if you could place the pwps around same way as decorating things in HHD

Thank you!!! I have been wanting this for a long time. Eyeballing it with Isabelle can be infuriating sometimes, especially since you have to sit through like 5 screens of dialog when it doesn't fit.

All very good ideas that I've seen. Me though, I'm an item guy, I like getting stuff even if all I can do is catalog it for later. And personally, I think it's an insult that pokemon isn't represented in furniture and clothes. Think about it, we have plenty of Mario stuff, more than a few Zelda items, especially with the update, and even items from less popularized Nintendo franchises like Pikmin, Starfox, F-Zero, etc. I'm thinking to start maybe Red's clothes from Gen 1 games, a pokeball and master ball added to fortune cookies that open up to reveal pikachu and mewtwo, respectively. Who knows, probably more good ideas out there

Last edited:
Back