Art stuff

For someone who stopped drawing for three years your art is incredible! The anatomy seems good and the posture is very smooth. (The way you've drawn the clothing helps the over-all "smoothness") You seem to be more skilled in the drawing side of art, though your colouring isn't at all bad. Just a little flat, though that could be the style your going for! I definitely suggest experimenting with colour and light. These can add more atmosphere to the piece and make it more interesting.

Honestly I am always impressed by those who were discouraged but then choose to try again. So many people leave it at that point, It shows a lot of courage! =)

For someone who stopped drawing for three years your art is incredible! The anatomy seems good and the posture is very smooth. (The way you've drawn the clothing helps the over-all "smoothness") You seem to be more skilled in the drawing side of art, though your colouring isn't at all bad. Just a little flat, though that could be the style your going for! I definitely suggest experimenting with colour and light. These can add more atmosphere to the piece and make it more interesting.

Honestly I am always impressed by those who were discouraged but then choose to try again. So many people leave it at that point, It shows a lot of courage! =)

Thanks so much for your feedback! Definitely, colouring is something that I'm lacking in, I think that was maybe down to the fact that I never really got around to colouring many pieces before I stopped, sadly a lot of work never made it to the end lol. But it's something I'm trying to pick up now, and also establish some sort of uniqueness in my colouring to make it more recognisable. There's a particular style that I have in mind and I'm trying to work towards that eventually, hopefully I can figure it out after experimenting like you suggested!

There's some things I'm still trying to get the hang of, and I feel a little rusty. All the more reason to keep working at it and improve along the way. :)

ss__2017_02_07_at_03_06_50__by_elvengale-day5tfe.jpg

Little work in progress screenshot of a doodly thing I wanted to do for some practice. Should be done tomorrow, then it's onto something more serious.

I feel like a fish out of water with this sort of drawing lol

I was going to say Ciri just because but the sword looks more Katana-like.
So I'll guess Satsuki from Kill la Kill? The heels remind me of her. lol

Good guesses, but not quite! Here's a hint: she's from an upcoming game I'm super hyped about. :)

Is it that Nier game? I've seen awesome screenshots of it but I def don't know the name of the main girl (she has like a mask over her eyes or something), if I'm being honest. I only know about the game because I love Square Enix. That's the only character I can remember with a big sword (especially one that is coming out SOON).

It could also easily be a Fire Emblem character as I have, unfortunately, not had the privilege of playing that series yet.

EITHER WAY!!! I LIKE THE PROPORTIONS ON YOUR WIP, IT LOOKS SLEEK AND ELEGANT. MUCH TALENTS.

Is it that Nier game? I've seen awesome screenshots of it but I def don't know the name of the main girl (she has like a mask over her eyes or something), if I'm being honest. I only know about the game because I love Square Enix. That's the only character I can remember with a big sword (especially one that is coming out SOON).

It could also easily be a Fire Emblem character as I have, unfortunately, not had the privilege of playing that series yet.

EITHER WAY!!! I LIKE THE PROPORTIONS ON YOUR WIP, IT LOOKS SLEEK AND ELEGANT. MUCH TALENTS.

Correct! It is indeed 2B from Nier: Automata. Or at least it will be anyway lmao. Long ways to go but every day is progress. I'll send your TBT, and thank you very much! <3

Now that you mention Fire Emblem, I might try something from that series too at some point. I'm starting to get into it now so I think it's only a matter of time before I find someone I'd like to draw from it.

It's coming along so nicely!!! I can't wait to see more WIPs and eventually the finished product!

Thanks, Stepheroo! I see some things I need to fix just looking at my screenshot again, I think I'll change the hair in some places, the way it's sitting around the headband is bothering me lol.

O M G I love your Sakuya WIP! She's one of my fave characters from Okami <3
Your art is looking really good! If you practice a bunch you'll get faster - being slow is just part of the learning process haha

O M G I love your Sakuya WIP! She's one of my fave characters from Okami <3
Your art is looking really good! If you practice a bunch you'll get faster - being slow is just part of the learning process haha

Ahhhh thank you! I'm super excited to see the colouring finished by my friend, I don't want to rush him but I'll definitely post the final image here when it's done. <3

But yeah, I already feel like I'm much faster than I was before I stopped drawing, so there's definitely been some progress. I was looking through my old stuff that I never finished, and I remember working on it for days or weeks, and it wasn't even like a third complete lmao. I've picked up some neat tricks and looked at tutorials for colouring and it's really helping me streamline the process and not get so caught up on things I can't get right, because I've realised that it's something that takes time and practice. I might post some older stuff for a laugh, who knows. Could be interesting!

okay seriously this thread needs more credit than it has gotten. your art is honestly spectacular, i'm super jealous of your skills dude. i love the drawing of flurry and whitney! everything you've drawn is really amazing.. if you opened up a shop it would surely be successful!

looking forward to your future stuff :)

okay seriously this thread needs more credit than it has gotten. your art is honestly spectacular, i'm super jealous of your skills dude. i love the drawing of flurry and whitney! everything you've drawn is really amazing.. if you opened up a shop it would surely be successful!

looking forward to your future stuff :)

Omg, thank you so much, both of you. Really, your comments have made my day! I didn't think anyone would have much to say since I'm not particularly good at drawing cute stuff, and I know that's extremely popular here, but maybe it's something I can try to work on too. I just love drawing (somewhat) realistic anatomy too much! I suppose improvement and broadening your strengths is only achieved by moving outside of comfort zones, and the Flurry/Whitney pic was definitely out of my comfort zone lol. I'm glad you like it though!

I can't double quote on mobile but thanks as well, Stepheroo! I'm hoping I can manage some progress tonight, I've been busy and it has me quite tired lately but I'm sure I'll definitely have something to show by the end of the weekend. :)

I love cute stuff as well, but my favorite art style would have to be a more cartoon-y type and then right after that would be more realistic. So I personally really like your art and the way you do anatomy and stuff. ; v;

SN: Next to the "Reply with Quote" button is a little speech bubble with a + button. To do multiple quotes, press that button on all the posts you want to quote except the last one. And then when you get to the last quote you want to add, click the regular "Reply with Quote" and all of the previous quotes you clicked the speech bubble for will be added (the order that you click each button determines the order of the quotes in your post).

Back