• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you use the ignore feature?

Sometimes, but nobody is in my list right now. I'd rather delete them off my friend's list if I don't like them lol but it rarely happens. I never feel bothered by posts, avatar or signature of people that I don't know to have them in ignore list.

I think I used it once in 2012 or 2013 but then i realised it was dumb so I've never used it since. I don't even think whoever was on my ignore list lasted more than an hour, and that's being generous lol.

I think I used it once a couple years ago for someone who was a huge troll and isn't active anymore.

I thrive off of drama. There's no way I could ever block someone. Unless they're actually harassing me (like guys who can't take no for an answer). That kind of drama I need no part of.

Last edited:
Only have one person on my ignore list. I don't regret it either. Helps me steer clear of (any more) infractions.

As much as my dark, black soul lives for drama, ignorant people grind my gears.

Last edited:
Sometimes, though usually I end up forgetting why I stuck them on there and deleting them.

There's really no point to it since it just hides the message and not the entire post, but I still use it on obnoxious people and bullies who like to team up against other people, especially since this site really doesn't care to remove rulebreaking users.

and bullies who like to team up against other people

It's much better than it was a year or so ago when an active SJW dogpile was running on Brewster's. But even now I can still count about 4 people off the top of my mind who actively do this in political/social justice threads. :p I always figured it was just a way to compensate for physical weakness and/or lack of courage to be a real activist vs. a slacktivist.

I have 2 or 3 people on mine lol

I wish it was an actually useful feature though. I don't want them to see my posts either and I definitely don't want to see the giant "THIS MESSAGE IS HIDDEN BECAUSE (USER) IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST", like what's the point in calling it the "ignore feature" if it's so hard to ignore?

i had one person on my ignore list, but i removed them because to me, its kinda immature

Never used it before. No one's given me reason to use it.

I've definitely ignored a few people, if I don't like someone's content, and I have the power to stop myself from seeing it, I may as well do that.

I don't block or formally ignore someone. If I don't like someone I can easily ignore them myself, without using an online feature to do it.

Back