• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Retail..

"when i joined" "nowadays" bruh you joined less than a month ago

unorderable sets went for much lower than 75 tbt in 2015 or wheneber when i used to trade.. /: like more around 30 tbt ...

and w/ the amiibo function, hacking and everything else it is not weird that unorderables arent super expensive. people can get them pretty easily. i dont get why it matters that much, the acnl "market" has been weird for a long time, people have had ridiculous amounts of igb for yrs because theyve played a lot.
if the fun in retail for u is in earning lots of tbt and u get mad when other people sell items for a lower price than u do maybe u should stop. make tbt from drawing ugly art like everyone else who wants a lot of tbt

Huh, I thought prices haven't changed that much over the years. The other day I was looking at old orders from 2015(summer) and saw unorderable sets going for 75tbt.

make tbt from drawing ugly art like everyone else who wants a lot of tbt

It kills me when I see people asking for actual money for their mediocre art. I haven't spent much time there, but I've only seen a couple of artists that aren't terrible.

1.jpg

some of peoyne's stuff is good though

Last edited:
Huh, I thought prices haven't changed that much over the years. The other day I was looking at old orders from 2015(summer) and saw unorderable sets going for 75tbt.

It kills me when I see people asking for actual money for their mediocre art. I haven't spent much time there, but I've only seen a couple of artists that aren't terrible.

View attachment 193916

some of peoyne's stuff is good though

I don't know why you feel that way but the artists have every right to sell their artwork no matter the quality. Each artist works hard on their art and often prices come from the time and materials the piece needs instead of quality.

I have no issues leaving this thread open if you'd like to discuss the TBT economy and the shifts in prices, but these comments about "awful threads" and "mediocre art" need to stop. This level of negativity has no place here, and quite frankly, it's incredibly rude to both the thread creator(s) as well as the artists who spend their time and energy drawing for other members of the community. Please try a bit harder to phrase things in a way that isn't offensive or overly negative. It's fine to have opinions, but if they're downright rude and insulting they need to be kept to yourself.

To be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to ReTail prices.Of course when new things are released, such as the Sanrio/Fueki/WA cards, the prices would be sky high because they're rare and in demand more, hence why sanrio set were selling for 100 tbt +. Prices around 75 tbt seems very reasonable for a set, because that's roughly 6 tbt per item. 5 tbt per unorderable item seems like a reasonable amount to me. It makes it easier for everyone to get their hands on stuff. Especially for newer members who don't have a lot of tbt.

Take the White Festive trees for example, when they were only available in Japan they were selling for 50 tbt +. The prices were insane to me. Around Christmas time everyone wanted one, or wanted one to gift to others, so people would pay what they want. But a soon as they were released in NA the prices pummeled to a measly 15 tbt, even 5 tbt for some. I paid 50 tbt each for my white festive tree's I obtained, and I sure would have wanted to pay less for them since I was a new member at the time and didn't have much tbt,but that's just how things have turned out. I'm just glad more people can get their hands on rare stuff.

I'd rather sell my items for lower prices to members, or even just give items to newer members. I'd rather try make other people happy with getting them stuff they want, even though I might not make a huge profit. I've gotten on just fine selling my stuff to get where I am now. I'm happy with the tbt I've earned, plus helping out other people. That's what this community is about! :D Helping others and spreading kindness, not trying to earn $$$

There are surely a few dupers, powersavers, and hackers in the re-tail thread. That's causing the prices to be "so low."

Putting my 2 cents in..
I can see where you are getting from, but it's either go with the prices or don't sell at all. I enjoy finding rare DLC (not so rare b/c it's easy to obtain with all the hacking, etc. but still) that I would have never been able to get if it wasn't for the forums. The 1 TBT to 200k IGB conversion has just been used for the longest time. If it ruins the game for you getting IGB so easily, just do it the good ol' traditional way catching bugs. Don't be mad if people go for cheaper prices of shops, who wouldn't lol
Also you shouldn't be criticising art like that. A lot of people are trying to improve, so if they feel confident that they will make other people happy with their art that took time, why should you stop them.

Well, the reason why prices go down on everything is because everyone and their mother has what they want, 1-2 months down the line. Therefore people drop the prices because there isn't as high of a demand since no ones buying them. When Sanrio stuff first came out people didn't mind spending 100-200 tbt because nobody has the set except for japanese players, but since the cards are available almost worldwide and they can be powersaved, everyone has them. It's not really the forums fault, that's just kind of how it works. Something to do with supply and demand. Or something similar to that. Don't take it personally if a rare set you have sells for low.
Also it does benefit everyone in the end.
It sounds greedy but I enjoy being able to get rare sets for cheaper. That way I won't be left out. However, it's bad for those people selling them. So I understand your point.
For example, like this :)

And "post quality" just stops people from going "lol," "first" or "^this" on threads and annoying the heck out of everyone with meaningless replies. General discussion and post quality are two different things. If someone is making threads in Brewsters Cafe that are stupid like "my butt is itchy" then thats one thing, but striking up some small talk isn't the issue. If you think the threads are awful then you always of the option of, you know, ignoring it.

Back