• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you write stories/about characters and would you like to be an author?

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
As some of you may known I would love to be an author and write books for all ages, I write about characters all the time but I haven't gotten a chance to write or even begin a story, so that's what I'm going to do today. That's the reason for today's thread!

Would you like to be an Author and do you write about anything, this could be characters, the setting and more?

I'm currently coming up with a villain, but I can't decide on their gender...

Characters which have been finished.

Dumas Tulipan. (Dumas is Latin for = We are giving/to give, Tulipan is Norwegian for = Tulip)

Bella Lupine. (Bella is Latin for = Pretty, Lupine is a pretty plant and English for Lupinus.)

Oswald Aquadora. (Oswald is old German for = Power of God/Power of the Gods, Aquadora is Latin for water gift/ gift of water.) < This character is obsessed with Water and he adores Poseidon so its a nice nod to that. c:

Last edited:
I've been writing my entire life. My ambition is to be a known author and bathe in the riches lmao (just kidding; I just want my stories to be out there for the public to read).
I'm currently writing a biography for a fictional shooter and the infamous act that took place in that story's world.

What's the motive for your villain? I could help you come up with something.

I've been writing my entire life. My ambition is to be a known author and bathe in the riches lmao (just kidding; I just want my stories to be out there for the public to read).
I'm currently writing a biography for a fictional shooter and the infamous act that took place in that story's world.

What's the motive for your villain? I could help you come up with something.

I have no idea! Its a toughy, I'll get back to you once I come up with the characters background and so on. Thanks so much for the kind gesture! c:

I hope your masterpiece comes along great. ^^

I have no idea! Its a toughy, I'll get back to you once I come up with the characters background and so on. Thanks so much for the kind gesture! c:

I hope your masterpiece comes along great. ^^

Thank you!!

I love writing, I have a ton of almost novels. One is ALMOST done, another just needs a good extra chapter or two, and then I have a bunch of started novels, and a few barely started or just ideas for novels... I've been writing since I was like 15, I wrote each night and filled two composition books, that's how I knew. I'd love to be an author someday, I hope to eventually be able to share my stories because when I share tidbits people eat it up and always ask to read the book once I finish but the whole... finishing is the hard part. X.X

I only write fanfiction so I could never be an author since I don't come up with characters on my own. XP But I adore to write and probably will til I die.

I've been writing for a long time, but have never put anything out there for the public. One day I want to publish something, even if it's a self-published eBook on Amazon.

All the time!

I've had some short pieces (short stories and poems) published in anthologies; have written 15+ complete novels (not attempted to publish) and many more partially written; and I've produced a number of screenplays of varying lengths over the years. My first degree was in screenwriting.

I mostly write LGBT characters and write in a number of genres.

I write, but I almost always do it with the intent of the finished thing being a 'graphic novel/comic' rather than just words, so all my writing is formatted more like a script than a novel, 95% of it being dialogue with just brief keywords and sentence to remind myself of an action/gesture/location/whatever. It works more to my strengths since I'm competent enough with writing dialogue/character interactions but find it way easier to 'show' everything else.

I try to introduce villains in a 'format' more unique to themselves like a childrens story book or 'command prompt' screens, that's basically where the small amount of writing ability I can manage that isn't dialogue happens...

I have a lot of characters (with stories) but I'm a piss poor writer and wouldn't want to be one. They all live in the same universe so if I ever do get around to writing it that'll be it for me. I'm more interested in making it into a kinda lax comic that's just on my tumblr or something so.

Also if you can't decide on someone's gender you could just make them nonbinary!

I have a lot of characters (with stories) but I'm a piss poor writer and wouldn't want to be one. They all live in the same universe so if I ever do get around to writing it that'll be it for me. I'm more interested in making it into a kinda lax comic that's just on my tumblr or something so.

Also if you can't decide on someone's gender you could just make them nonbinary!

I was thinking about that, one of my characters are a lesbian already (Bella), So it would be a nice inclusion. c:

I love writing dystopian genre novels! I always come up with ideas and then college work gets in the way and I never start/finish writing them which sucks :( Hopefully find some more time to write in the future!

(Whiteflamingo those character names are awesome!)

yeah i write stories about my ocs based off of real life experiences.

I'm a writer. I have a lot of ideas and concepts, but I'm also an artist, so I tend to express my ideas through my art more than my writing. I'd like to be able to do both, though.

I used to love writing stories as a kid, mainly romance. It was nice to show off my ideas and people seemed to like it. But my passion's died down as I've grown older.

Yes and no. Yes I like writing stories and characters, but my dream is to make an animated tv show.

OMG YES!!! I LOVE writing fan fiction! I've written many different fan fics just for fun Two of my most pride-worthy fan fictions right now (and are ongoing) are Dora's New Life and Redemption.

Dora's New Life is just a funny, antic-filled fan fiction about what Dora's life would be like, if her parents did some parenting. No, not Animal Crossing Dora. Dora the Explorer Dora. The objective of the story is Dora's parents have to turn Dora into a well-rounded citizen. It's very funny if I DO say so myself.

Now, Redemption is more on the serious side and is based on the movie Cars. My OC meets Chick Hicks at her first race and she wants to help him find more important things in life besides winning. My OC then finds out that there is a lot more to him when he opens up to her about his childhood. She then helps him make amends with everyone he has hurt in the past by showing him friendship, love and what to say to those you've hurt. I'm also going to be adding some romance between the two later on in the story.

I have these stores on FanFiction and Wattpad. My avatar right now is my Redemption cover on Wattpad.

No, I can't write. The words never come out the way I want them too. :/ I'm much better with pictures.
I'd love to be able to write though.

Last edited:
to WhiteFlamingo- It appears you are on a very good start. Your characters sound like they are coming along nice and you've given them unique names!

As for myself, ever since I was very little, my imagination has been extremely vivid. Without warning, thoughts pop up that are very clear as if I am sitting down watching a cel animation movie on a projector. Characters will interact, it will show random scenes like a trailer of some sort. Sometimes cut up in segments. From there, I will keep all these scenes and information I have compiled from observing in my mind. Hehe I guess I am a writer, but never write these things down. I am a comic artist and I long to make indie comics but I am terrified of starting. A life of a freelance artist can be hard, but worthwhile from what I hear. I just make comics in my spare time and I will probably die if I give up. I will do the best I can to fufill life of an artist and storyteller than being stuck in an occupation I cannot stand.
For anyone who is struggling to decide whether they want to risk the life of a writer, there was a very inspirational article with a part about the fiction writer Ben Fountain I came across. It's called "The Late Bloomer Phenomenon". Actually, I will link it for you here!

Back