• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ear Stretching (might make a poll)

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
Do any of you guys have stretched lobes? I've had mine stretched since I was 12 - I was an idiot and I don't mind them at the moment - and they've always stayed at 00G (10mm). Well, I didn't realise I had a blowout last time I stretched (which was legit three or four years ago) so I've managed to tear my ear this time. :cool: (There's nothing 'cool' or funny about it but I'm laughing before I cry about it lmao) I only have the one ear stretched. What gauge are your ears stretched to? Do you just have one ear or both? Did you/do you ever get made fun for them, refused job opportunities, ect?

My ears are tiny 6gs. I usually wear these pearl tunnels with hoops through them. My parents are quite conservative when it comes to body mods so I'm not planning on stretching them further, at least not yet.

I always wanted to get mine stretched, real small Gs. But I'm terrified of my lobes tearing, regardless of the cause. Like maybe I stretch them too far, or have some sort of freak accident. I've had freak accidents with just normal lobe piercings. I fear for my septum quite often as well. I was so glad to get my septum pierced, and I love the piercing, but I'm terrified that something crazy bad will happen to my nose. :lemon:

My ears are tiny 6gs. I usually wear these pearl tunnels with hoops through them. My parents are quite conservative when it comes to body mods so I'm not planning on stretching them further, at least not yet.

Yea, I get it. Under 0g and it can heal itself back up, and isn't unsightly. Wish I had done that. ;-; I think anything over a 13/16" is pushing it. Anything can happen to your ears when they've gone past that point.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I always wanted to get mine stretched, real small Gs. But I'm terrified of my lobes tearing, regardless of the cause. Like maybe I stretch them too far, or have some sort of freak accident. I've had freak accidents with just normal lobe piercings. I fear for my septum quite often as well. I was so glad to get my septum pierced, and I love the piercing, but I'm terrified that something crazy bad will happen to my nose. :lemon:

I've never heard of ears tearing under 0g. I've read that the jump from 00g to 1/2" is the second most likely jump to tear, the most being over 13/18" (20mm) and having thin spots. I just tore my ear trying to get from a 00g to a 1/2", so :(. Don't rush into it, though. Ear stretching will stay with you till you're on your death bed.

Also, don't worry about your septum tearing too much, it'd take a lot to tear it. It's scary to think about it, I think about it a lot with my medusa piercing. The septum is the toughest piercing, some piercers have had to shimmy the needle through because it's so thick in that part of your nose! Now, ear piercings are a different story lol.

Last edited:
I have one ear stretched, and it's stretched to 5/8th the other I had stretched to almost 00 but it was my "virgin ear" cause there's always one ear that's just butter and stretched great and then a "virgin" ear that's awful. It was super painful to stretch so one day when my taper fell out while I slept on the couch I woke up and it was already closing, it hated the stretching that much so I just let it shrink, it's still a slit and can fit a super tiny gauge in it but I just hang earrings in it occasionally. People are always confused that I only have one ear stretched but I don't mind it. If I put a dangly earring on the other ear it balances it out.

My ears are 00g (10mm), I've been stretching them since I was a junior in high school and I'm in college now. I haven't been turned down for jobs because of them or anything, most of the time if people wouldn't hire me it was because of the dyed hair and facial piercing. The only bad thing I'll say about ear stretching is a lot of people want to rush it and end up blowing out their ears. It took me years to get to the size I am now and it always bugs me when people try to skip taper sizes because they want bigger ears fast.

If you're going to do it just be safe about it - and use plenty of lubricant! Coconut oil worked the best for me.

My ears are 00g (10mm), I've been stretching them since I was a junior in high school and I'm in college now. I haven't been turned down for jobs because of them or anything, most of the time if people wouldn't hire me it was because of the dyed hair and facial piercing. The only bad thing I'll say about ear stretching is a lot of people want to rush it and end up blowing out their ears. It took me years to get to the size I am now and it always bugs me when people try to skip taper sizes because they want bigger ears fast.

If you're going to do it just be safe about it - and use plenty of lubricant! Coconut oil worked the best for me.

Exactly! IF someone wants to start off with a bigger size get punched first, that will start you with a bigger hole so it will be easier. But seriously wait for your ears to HEAL in between stretches, using weights can help too, or stone plugs but always go slow! My oil of choice was vitamin e oil.

I've wanted to, but I know for a fact my ears are far too small and not stretchy enough to do so^.^ my boyfriend has his up to 16mm though.

I had mine up to 5/8s in high school. I took them out and they shrunk down to about a 0 and have been that size for years so it's probably the smallest they'll ever go. My boyfriend had 1 inch gauges in high school but also took his out and now wears 9/16s I believe. Idk I don't even notice them on people so I have no opinion about them

Nope, those are ugly IMO

Fair enough. It's your opinion. Not everybody likes stretchers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had mine up to 5/8s in high school. I took them out and they shrunk down to about a 0 and have been that size for years so it's probably the smallest they'll ever go. My boyfriend had 1 inch gauges in high school but also took his out and now wears 9/16s I believe. Idk I don't even notice them on people so I have no opinion about them

Small plugs are ezpz to miss, sometimes people see and don't care and sometimes they'll only notice when they're judging you & looking you over. Once, I had a girl in one of my old schools walk past me on the stairs with her mates saying "omg I don't know why people deform their faces with stretchers, that girl's so gross and disgusting and weird" ect. If she had kept going for a millisecond longer I would've probably shoved her down the stairs. ;) People can hold their opinions but I don't think they need to be rude about it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Exactly! IF someone wants to start off with a bigger size get punched first, that will start you with a bigger hole so it will be easier. But seriously wait for your ears to HEAL in between stretches, using weights can help too, or stone plugs but always go slow! My oil of choice was vitamin e oil.

All I can think of is that idiot on Vine who punched her ear with a hole punch and ****ed her ear up. Do people really do that? .-.

Last edited:
I used to want my ears stretched but only just by a little, I dislike them looking massive. I'm happy with having 4 piercings in my ears and I don't feel like they need to stretch to stand out. I don't think they'd suit me anyway.

I don't have gauges, but I thought I would post and tell y'all this story I read a few days ago: a snake got wedged in a woman's earlobe.
So this lady has a pet snake named Bart. He's a ball python. She has him sitting on her shoulder chilling. He sees a hole and is like, "oh cool, imma slither through that." That hole is this lady's ear lobe! And poor Bart got stuck! She had to go to the ER to get him removed (they stretched the earlobe so he could get out).
Pictures here on this website- warning, graphic.

Mine are Stretched to 00g and I don't want to go any bigger. I have kind of a small face so I feel like they could easily look too large for me. One day I'll probably downsize, I really miss the look of small size spirals. They've never affected me at jobs though, even places I've worked at that have super conservative dress-code regarding body mods haven't had an issue with stretched ears, even sizes larger than mine.

I don't have gauges, but I thought I would post and tell y'all this story I read a few days ago: a snake got wedged in a woman's earlobe.
So this lady has a pet snake named Bart. He's a ball python. She has him sitting on her shoulder chilling. He sees a hole and is like, "oh cool, imma slither through that." That hole is this lady's ear lobe! And poor Bart got stuck! She had to go to the ER to get him removed (they stretched the earlobe so he could get out).
Pictures here on this website- warning, graphic.

I saw that the owner posted that in my reptile group on Facebook! No idea how her snake decided "woop imma get my chub body in that.". Luckily I haven't got anything big enough to have anything slither or crawl through my ears :cool:

no. i just have the standard ear piercing. i dont think i could ever stretch my ears either.

I really want gauges when I'm older along with several other piercings
I'm gonna be so e d g y

Personally, I'm not a fan of how they look and wouldn't get them for myself. But hey, if want them or have them and like them, you do you!

(Though I've heard they tend to smell like dead elephant. Maybe I'm wrong, idk.)

I never had them cause I get queasy thinking about it happening to my ears but I think they look awesome on other people.

I never had them cause I get queasy thinking about it happening to my ears but I think they look awesome on other people.

Samme, I think they look awesome on other people, but just reading this thread makes my ears feel funny lol.

I'm just a wuss, basically.

Back