CLOSED

I see both sides of this seller vs buyer price debate. (believe me, I was a bit of a scalper right after easter)

But personally I feel like the difficulty of tbt to come by combined with the price of collectibles makes this a very rough market for buyers. Especially those of us who aren't super tbt rich.

I was never really a collectible scalper. But villagers and rare items? I used to charge ridiculous prices. I think I was charging 100 TBT for a White Festive Tree back in December. People bought them, too!

Last edited:
It may be a great advantage because we all love collectibles, as we want to own plenty. Even I don't want you guys to be starving of collectibles. I got my sidebar of apples, some have a complete collection of birthstones, and some have staff-handed awards as collectibles.

While lower prices are better for the buyer's side, they can be a disadvantage on the seller's side. Some users (like me) only sell their collectibles to make more TBT bells. When prices are lower, they can't make as much TBT as they wish. So I am happy for you guys to get rarer collectibles a lot easier, but it's a pain for me because I want to get back up to the 5-digit numbers of TBT Bells.

Now if I had a choice between selling collectibles at a price lower than the shop's price (i.e. sell a toy hammer for 750 TBT) or keeping it, I would rather keep the collectibles.

Well there are a lot of users like me who have a very hard time making TBT because we miss so many restocks (cause the admins wait til like 3 am to restock) and therefore we have like no TBT at all. After I bought my peach and apple, I was down to about 400 tbt. I think the highest I have ever had was around 1,400.

I'm very happy to see collectible prices go down. Most people on here don't have the tbt to be spending on collectibles they really want.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and I bought the apple for 500 tbt. Felt like that was a pretty good price.

But the message on it is the best part :rolleyes:

I do honestly wished, some of the prices went down some off them are so high.

Last edited:
I was never really a collectible scalper. But villagers and rare items? I used to charge ridiculous prices. I think I was charging 100 TBT for a White Festive Tree back in December. People bought them, too!

I remember the white festive tree mania! We're so lucky they gave them away via streetpass otherwise I never would have gotten one.
And lol, I wasn't necessarily a huge scalper. I only ripped someone off by charging them like double what a chao egg was worth even then. I was greedy and caught in the mania and it was definitely wrong of me to do though.

I remember the white festive tree mania! We're so lucky they gave them away via streetpass otherwise I never would have gotten one.
And lol, I wasn't necessarily a huge scalper. I only ripped someone off by charging them like double what a chao egg was worth even then. I was greedy and caught in the mania and it was definitely wrong of me to do though.

Yeah, I feel bad for charging so much for a single item, even if it was rare at the time. I was just so desperate for TBT that I didn't think about how greedy I was being...

Well there are a lot of users like me who have a very hard time making TBT because we miss so many restocks (cause the admins wait til like 3 am to restock) and therefore we have like no TBT at all. After I bought my peach and apple, I was down to about 400 tbt. I think the highest I have ever had was around 1,400.

I'm very happy to see collectible prices go down. Most people on here don't have the tbt to be spending on collectibles they really want.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and I bought the apple for 500 tbt. Felt like that was a pretty good price.

But the message on it is the best part :rolleyes:

I missed every single restock. Even when they weren't at 3 am and I was actually online everything good was gone within 2 minutes. That's not an exaggeration it was actually 2 minutes.
It can be extremely frustrating. I only had like 300 tbt while it was going on and after buying my cake back I'm down to 3 tbt.

I missed every single restock. Even when they weren't at 3 am and I was actually online everything good was gone within 2 minutes. That's not an exaggeration it was actually 2 minutes.
It can be extremely frustrating. I only had like 300 tbt while it was going on and after buying my cake back I'm down to 3 tbt.

SAME.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

But I was fortunate enough to have a friend who would give a house to me (even though he did it out of frustration, I will admit). I still paid 100 tbt for the cyan house, and I will treasure it forever.

I see both sides of this seller vs buyer price debate. (believe me, I was a bit of a scalper right after easter)

But personally I feel like the difficulty of tbt to come by combined with the price of collectibles makes this a very rough market for buyers. Especially those of us who aren't super tbt rich.

For the longest time, I used to have less than 1,000 TBT on hand. But back in the early days of my membership, I remembered when collectibles were really expensive. Chocolate cakes, people demanded 4,000 TBT for them. And they were really high in demand. I thought it was ridiculous to charge choco cakes that high, as that was the collectible I wanted most. I used to be like you guys. But now I'm on the seller side that wants a lot of TBT.

For the longest time, I used to have less than 1,000 TBT on hand. But back in the early days of my membership, I remembered when collectibles were really expensive. Chocolate cakes, people demanded 4,000 TBT for them. And they were really high in demand. I thought it was ridiculous to charge choco cakes that high, as that was the collectible I wanted most. I used to be like you guys. But now I'm on the seller side that wants a lot of TBT.

Well, it's nice to see a rich member understands how we poor people feel. Lol.

If you want to know why I'm still trying to sell my toy hammer not too long after the restocks, it's because I want to get to 10,000 TBT as fast as possible. I even set my price lower this time. But here's a pondering question:

Is 4.1k TBT no longer the ideal price, or is it really that people aren't interested into sharing their TBT or couldn't afford it at any price 3,000 TBT or above?

Last edited:
If you want to know why I'm still trying to sell my toy hammer not too long after the restocks, it's because I want to get to 10,000 TBT as fast as possible. I even set my price lower this time. But here's a pondering question:

Is 4.1k TBT no longer the ideal price, or is it really that people aren't interested into sharing their TBT or couldn't afford it at any price 3,000 TBT or above?

Personally, I think it's a combined reason of not enough interest in collectibles and no one really having that much TBT to buy it.

Personally, I think it's a combined reason of not enough interest in collectibles and no one really having that much TBT to buy it.

It's a lack of tbt from the poor who would want to buy it, and a lack of interest from the rich who either don't want it or already have it. At this point, I'd say it was a mistake of you to buy a hammer for profit considering how the prices are all deflating, and hammers probably aren't gonna stay at the price they are at now if they ever do sell. If you really want the tbt, try auctioning it. People tend to impulse spend more on auctions than sales.

It's a lack of tbt from the poor who would want to buy it, and a lack of interest from the rich who either don't want it or already have it. At this point, I'd say it was a mistake of you to buy a hammer for profit considering how the prices are all deflating, and hammers probably aren't gonna stay at the price they are at now if they ever do sell. If you really want the tbt, try auctioning it. People tend to impulse spend more on auctions than sales.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Right now, I wouldn't try right now since I'm not a spammer (nor do I want to be), but if it fails again, I'll put it up for auction.

I just sold my toy hammer for 3,000 Bells. Now my apples can finally hog my sidebar again.

Back