CLOSED

I think Pokeballs are deflating because of how it's almost impossible to get 10,000 TBT now. Stuff like pinwheels don't prove this point, but there's less TBT in circulation now. Even artists hardly accept TBT for their work.

In all honesty, I am manually deflating certain items that will more than likely never (or at least rarely ever) be sold much with the hopes that their prices are "reset" and people pay what they want for them, because, let's be honest: who has 20k+ for a set of houses or a ball? Like.... a handful of people, maybe? The prices are really just ridiculous at this point (some have deflated a ton though, like choco cakes, tbt fair, etc.) but for the majority of actually decent ones, there's a handful of people here that are too stubborn to let the prices down at all, and until then, I can guarantee unless we get lots of restocks, prices won't change even with my extra "assistance."

TL;DR the tbt economy is screwed over unless the mods make tbt easier to get, we have more collectible restocks, or the rich people are willing to let a few pixel squares out of their possession

how up to date are the easter eggs atm?

- - - Post Merge - - -

In all honesty, I am manually deflating certain items that will more than likely never (or at least rarely ever) be sold much with the hopes that their prices are "reset" and people pay what they want for them, because, let's be honest: who has 20k+ for a set of houses or a ball? Like.... a handful of people, maybe? The prices are really just ridiculous at this point (some have deflated a ton though, like choco cakes, tbt fair, etc.) but for the majority of actually decent ones, there's a handful of people here that are too stubborn to let the prices down at all, and until then, I can guarantee unless we get lots of restocks, prices won't change even with my extra "assistance."

TL;DR the tbt economy is screwed over unless the mods make tbt easier to get, we have more collectible restocks, or the rich people are willing to let a few pixel squares out of their possession

wait that's not how these are supposed to work o___o?!

so this thread is becoming the price "wish list" eh.
well we're gonna need an actual sales report somewhere else then i suppose, at least with regards to the high end stuff....

i submit that The King Dorado Luxury Collectibles Sales Report, hosted by _______
has a nice ring to it, tbh.

if somebody wants to use my idea and make one they can totally put my name on it for branding and all, at no charge...

Got a Tastu Cake for only 7 tbt, White Pansy for 10, Yellow Candy for 25 :3

Last edited:
The Bell Depression continues as new prices are being made...
In all seriousness, the prices on some of the collectibles are ridiculous, we really need a restock to bring the economy back.

Don't manually change the price on collectibles, thats such a jerk move. The collectible guides on tbt are created around mutual trust of the reporters and the thread editor, and what you're doing is just destroying all the hard work Lassy, Skyfall, sholee and everyone else before you put into keeping the guide fair.

In all honesty, I am manually deflating certain items that will more than likely never (or at least rarely ever) be sold much with the hopes that their prices are "reset"...

...prices won't change even with my extra "assistance."

TL;DR the tbt economy is screwed over unless [...] the rich people are willing to let a few pixel squares out of their possession

Dang, and I was about to ask what happened to the crazy Pokeball prices. I thought you just forgot to add an extra 0 there.

From what (little) I've learned in economics class, you can't just manually deflate certain items, especially if demand is extremely higher than supply (and in this case, I only see it as natural that Pokeballs are of that price). The only way you can actually manipulate prices is if you hold the whole stock of items, which in this case I don't think you do.

Of course, maybe some people just deem the Pokeball too valuable to them, so you don't see them very often in the market. It's only natural that the sellers increase the prices so give value to the item they're selling.

TL;DR: I applaud you for the time and effort you put into making this guide (and I'm not putting down your hard work, of course!) but you're not supposed to play God and change the hand of economy. You can take part and try selling at lower prices, of course, but only stating lowered prices won't really get you to change everyone's mind. ^^

Last edited:
how up to date are the easter eggs atm?

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait that's not how these are supposed to work o___o?!

There's a recent sale of a poptart for 150 I believe? (hasn't been recorded) Also possibly a few others I still need to add, but they don't deviate as much from the current values listed.

Don't manually change the price on collectibles, thats such a jerk move. The collectible guides on tbt are created around mutual trust of the reporters and the thread editor, and what you're doing is just destroying all the hard work Lassy, Skyfall, sholee and everyone else before you put into keeping the guide fair.

The only ones I've changed are the flea, pokeball, and pinwheel.
Pinwheel was based off of a suggestion of implementing a past sale that King Dorado pointed out, and the pokeball and flea were just easter eggs/pranks. These changes weren't meant to enrage the community, but to be a joke (Tbh, who's going to buy/sell a pokeball? and flea prices are all over the place and impossible to really have a set range for until I get more sales considering how new they are)

Also, I want to point out, that over 80% of the actual updates and sales data I'm putting in my sheets and eventually putting/updating the OP with aren't posted here by buyers or sellers. I've gone out of my way a lot while dealing and working with this (and gone through all the threads listed, everyday), but, if you want, just tell me and I'll shut this down and let you or someone else do it. All prices are honest (besides the 3 listed, which is what I meant by manual deflation), and, if you don't believe me, check the sheets. Each sale in the sheets has a link to the thread where it happened, and for the most part are in chronological order from top to bottom.

Like I said, if you have any problems with the guide just tell me and I'll fix them or implement any changes you want. As I said in the OP, this is a community-run guide. I'm open to any and all suggestions anyone here shares.

It's messed up to fake the prices. Don't do that. Be honest.

Like I said, the only prices that have been manually changed are the pokeball and flea, as explained in my previous post. (The Pinwheel truly doesn't count because the manual change was based off of a sale made a month or so before I picked up the guide)

But, if nobody trusts me anymore because of a joke (if you read back in the thread, you'll see a few people joked about the prices changing), then, I'll close this down and let someone else do it. As I said, again, the pokeball and flea manual deflation was a joke.

Like this post if you want this closed down; if I get a few likes overnight then tomorrow I'll give the guide all over to whoever wants it. When I get a chance this week I'll fix back the ball and flea prices.

to be fair, the way u said this didn't sound like u were joking so

I personally don't think it makes sense to manually change the prices just because you'd want to reset them. I see the good intentions you have with the reasoning because I do agree there's a very small amount of members who have over 10k TBT. I also agree prices do change with time but there's a reason why they're called collectibles--prices are based on rarity and demand.

The pokeball is a good example of why it's so high because so many would love to have it. As much as I dislike the prices for it, it makes sense why it's sold that high because of previous sales. Otherwise, what's the point of having a community price guide if one person has control over prices?

I don't think collectible prices should be changed unless the entire community agrees to it. Maybe a vote would work? If a collectible hasn't been sold for 3+ years or something, then yeah, I feel that a reset would make sense.

About the flea, I recall I posted I sold a flea for 150 and don't see it listed on the datasheet. Maybe it got missed or it's considered an out-lier so idk. I remember I sold a heart glow wand a while back on Sholee's guide for 6500 but I don't think that was recorded since that was just around when the guide was passed on to you. Again, maybe that got missed. I kept forgetting to ask. x_x

I also wanted to add that if you feel overwhelmed with keeping up with prices, then perhaps it's a good idea to ask for help. Let's be real, Easter was nuts with so many sales going on all at once. There's no shame in asking for help. :)

I actually think the prices are good. It was nice to do this for the community. People need to chill out.

Like I said, the only prices that have been manually changed are the pokeball and flea, as explained in my previous post. (The Pinwheel truly doesn't count because the manual change was based off of a sale made a month or so before I picked up the guide)

But, if nobody trusts me anymore because of a joke (if you read back in the thread, you'll see a few people joked about the prices changing), then, I'll close this down and let someone else do it. As I said, again, the pokeball and flea manual deflation was a joke.

Like this post if you want this closed down; if I get a few likes overnight then tomorrow I'll give the guide all over to whoever wants it. When I get a chance this week I'll fix back the ball and flea prices.

Hey hey hey, no need for impulse decisions! Just because we pointed out what we found wrong in the prices doesn't mean we think you're already incapable of doing the job. We just wish you specified in the first post that it was a joke; many don't backread and I guess that's where the confusion and anger started, so you should've made it clear in the OP. ^^ Miscommunication is a common problem, and of course no one wants that! Nevertheless, I hope this doesn't discourage you or the whole community from keeping this sales thread. c:

There's a recent sale of a poptart for 150 I believe? (hasn't been recorded) Also possibly a few others I still need to add, but they don't deviate as much from the current values listed.

oh, gotcha~ thanks for the reply! yea, I reported a couple but some don't seem to be added yet so just wondering how far along you were :eek: for example, I reported a dark egg for 3k which is kind of a ways off of 5500. also just glancing the high end for chao doesn't seem right given the reported sales here so I'm not sure if they're just getting missed

I personally don't think it makes sense to manually change the prices just because you'd want to reset them. I see the good intentions you have with the reasoning because I do agree there's a very small amount of members who have over 10k TBT. I also agree prices do change with time but there's a reason why they're called collectibles--prices are based on rarity and demand.

The pokeball is a good example of why it's so high because so many would love to have it. As much as I dislike the prices for it, it makes sense why it's sold that high because of previous sales. Otherwise, what's the point of having a community price guide if one person has control over prices?

I don't think collectible prices should be changed unless the entire community agrees to it. Maybe a vote would work? If a collectible hasn't been sold for 3+ years or something, then yeah, I feel that a reset would make sense.

About the flea, I recall I posted I sold a flea for 150 and don't see it listed on the datasheet. Maybe it got missed or it's considered an out-lier so idk. I remember I sold a heart glow wand a while back on Sholee's guide for 6500 but I don't think that was recorded since that was just around when the guide was passed on to you. Again, maybe that got missed. I kept forgetting to ask. x_x

I also wanted to add that if you feel overwhelmed with keeping up with prices, then perhaps it's a good idea to ask for help. Let's be real, Easter was nuts with so many sales going on all at once. There's no shame in asking for help. :)

Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I've already asked a few people to help, but, they've literally just entered in one sale over the time span I've given them access to the sheets. So if anyone else here would be up to helping me during the next big event, I'd appreciate it.

I actually think the prices are good. It was nice to do this for the community. People need to chill out.

Basically. I'm doing what I can, and, considering it's obvious which ones were changed and my reasoning, I don't understand why all the hubbub. I've put so much time into this so it frustrates me when people accuse me of dishonesty when I'm a brutally honest person.

Hey hey hey, no need for impulse decisions! Just because we pointed out what we found wrong in the prices doesn't mean we think you're already incapable of doing the job. We just wish you specified in the first post that it was a joke; many don't backread and I guess that's where the confusion and anger started, so you should've made it clear in the OP. ^^ Miscommunication is a common problem, and of course no one wants that! Nevertheless, I hope this doesn't discourage you or the whole community from keeping this sales thread. c:

Jacob's, Bowie's, and Seroja's posts indicate otherwise. I'm dealing with a lot of bs irl, so, if people want me to close this (be honest with me if you want this shut down) then by all means I will. I'm also running out of patience with the TBT community so if I quit running this it won't really upset me but give me another reason to go on hiatus again.

I'll try better to prevent any miscommunication in the future though.

oh, gotcha~ thanks for the reply! yea, I reported a couple but some don't seem to be added yet so just wondering how far along you were :eek: for example, I reported a dark egg for 3k which is kind of a ways off of 5500. also just glancing the high end for chao doesn't seem right given the reported sales here so I'm not sure if they're just getting missed

Oh lord, if it was before the egg hunt then it probably got lost in all the egg confusion I had. Could you (and Chicha) post here or VM me the sales that happened and links to the threads where they happened? Also for the chao, as I stated earlier, most of the sales I put into the sheets were ones I had to find myself. I'll go pull all the links for the chao sales, but I'm certain they're accurate.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So for the chao, current guide range is 625/813/1000.

Sales:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?414578-Collectibles-TRADING-for-Kirby-or-Zen-Egg

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?414736-Chao-Egg-Current-bid-625-(FINISHED)

Could someone grab any other chao sales I've missed with links to where they happened? Thank you for pointing it out! @pandapples Today if I can I'll update this.

I bought a chao a while back for 1250 in an auction :)

Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I've already asked a few people to help, but, they've literally just entered in one sale over the time span I've given them access to the sheets. So if anyone else here would be up to helping me during the next big event, I'd appreciate it.

Oh lord, if it was before the egg hunt then it probably got lost in all the egg confusion I had. Could you (and Chicha) post here or VM me the sales that happened and links to the threads where they happened? Also for the chao, as I stated earlier, most of the sales I put into the sheets were ones I had to find myself. I'll go pull all the links for the chao sales, but I'm certain they're accurate.

Yeah, sure thing! Here's the heart glow wand for 6550 TBT & flea for 150.

I can try to help for the next big event but it really depends when it'll be. I think I should be okay this summer unless my schedule heavily changes. Hopefully the staff can hint us if the fair is happening this year or not. :)

I just wanted to express appreciation to Lucanosa for all the hard work that goes into maintaining this guide ❤️
If I have an item to sell or wish to buy, I use it regularly and really appreciate it!
Just for the record, I'm sure everyone's aware that I recently auctioned off a complete set of house letters for 18,000 TBT's
I purposely sold them low (meaning less than the guide prices) because I wanted to offer members a chance to acquire some collectables that are extremely hard to find :rolleyes: (In addition, there are not likely to be many buyers with that kind of bellage) ;)
I am cleaning out a little bit of my overstock of collectables for the same reason. Personally, I like to have and will keep one of each Collectible of the ones I like. (I don't collect the eggs or pokeball for example) I also will not sell Collectibles which were gifted to me (without explicit permission) ... if at all.
I am now going to throw up an auction for my extra Star Wand using similar pricing.
Thanks again for maintaining this guide!
Oops ... PS ... I will never sell my Weird Doll!
❤️

Last edited:
Back