• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you feel guilty about time traveling?

I used to TT a lot but personally it just got too stressful! I ended up being like a year behind and I never wanted to play because I wanted to go slowly even though I did TT. I still do change the hour and sometimes go a day ahead/behind but it just depends on how you want to play the game. I like a more natural/unplanned town now so I prefer to not do things like plot resetting and time traveling. It makes the game less stressful for me.

kinda because seeing isabelle always think she is wrong and off time is really sad :(

Personally I feel 0 guilt for TTing I don't have time to play everyday bc of work so i skip ahead maybe play a day for an hour or at least make sure no ones moving. I personally have TT'd to get all of the zodiac bobble heads and other things as well. I don't see any harm in it as long as your having fun :D

once upon a time I felt rly guilty but now idc as long as I talk to everyone and get **** done, I'm okay

Nah it's just a game and I have real life to worry about.

I only TT when I'm moving in villagers, and I don't check the shops. So not really.

I do have a cycling town though that I TT in for gardening supplies, I don't play that town for reals so I don't feel guilty about that either.

Not really, only because it's my game and I can play it how I see fit. I do feel bad when Isabelle thinks she did something wrong though, I don't really TT a lot though.

I don't feel guilty. Time traveling makes the game more interesting and move along since I have no patience do play the game day by day.

i don't do it unless i'm fixing the hour if i missed the shops that day (i feel kinda nerdy/srs because i play day by day :p)

Nah. I adjust the day and time however I like. It's my game, and I'm not hurting anybody else by doing it, so why should I feel guilty? I do try to keep it to a minimum to avoid villagers moving out, but that's not guilt so much as caution.

I use to time travel lots when I first got the game because I was so excited and I was seeing everyones dream towns through pictures on Pinterest, Google and watching videos on YouTube and I just wanted to get started..I'm also extremely impatient like I bought the game so I could have fun and play it and when things go by as slow as they do in the beginning it's not fun and I begin to lose interest. Now I don't time travel except in hours because my sleep schedule is always changing..I use to feel bad about it in the beginning but heres how I think about it..you payed for the game..games are meant to be fun..if it's not fun for you, make it fun your own way. Also like someone mentioned above, there is more important things going on in the world..no need to worry about a game. it's not that serious.

Last edited:
I don't feel bad at all. I will control my town to my liking. It's a built in game feature so it's not cheating imo.

I don't really feel guilty for time traveling but I do feel guilty when I time travel and forget to adequately talk to each of my villagers. Sometimes I get in the zone of planting shrubs or trees and wanting to see if they are in an acceptable spot that I forget to do the daily tasks like fossils, talking to villagers, etc.

I don't feel guilty about time traveling. As a college student who also has a job, my time for playing ACNL can be random. There's not much to do at 9 o'clock at night, not for me anyway. Sometimes I'm unable to play for days at a time. Currently, I'm catching up from a month where I was bogged down with papers, projects, and midterm exams. I time travel so that I can experience every day, and I don't feel guilty about it. Sometimes I will time travel forwards and backwards, depending on my mood, but I never do so when it's snow people weather.
Some people play the game one way, and others play the game another way. As long as we all have fun, who's to say what's the "wrong" way to play?

If I didn't TT I don't think I would make it through the first full week off the game. I'd have been so bored.

Back