Do you feel guilty about time traveling?

I don't feel guilty about time travelling. I'm a time traveller through and through. I've done it in every town I've ever had. I've tried several times to stop, but once you get used to not waiting for your furniture orders from the Nooklins and not waiting till the next day for your house expansion and wanting it to be the fishing tourney already because you want your golden rod, gods damnit, it's really hard to stop! And I'm okay with that. If the time travelling is at the expense of my town (such as trying to get the weeding series or searching out particular items at GracieGrace), then I feel guilty, but I don't consider it cheating, and I definitely don't feel bad! I'm also amazed at how people don't time travel. I kind of wish I could be that dedicated and patient... but I'm really not.

I always time travel, but I never feel guilty about it. I enjoy the aspect of collecting sets and I always want to be working towards a specific goal; decorating, moving things around, flower breeding, etc. Eventually you get to a point in each day when you have checked the shops, bought any items you need, rearranged things in your town or placed new PWPs.

In order to progress with the town's development, I time travel. No regrets. Where I could wait for weeks and months to fill my catalogue, I'm too proactive to sit on my hands.

yeah, i do. currently resetting my town because of hacking the cobble away and time travel

Not really. Sometimes I have to depending on the time that I have free to play, so my time travelling is only minor adjustments to catch the shops before they close. The only time I felt guilty was when I travelled back and forth between days to exploit the Gracie fashion checks, but honestly, now I don't feel any sort of guilt at all because I'd hate to rely on RNG for something so crucial to my enjoyment of the game. If I ever restart, I'd definitely do that again without any hesitation. If I time travelled days at a time to the point where my game was out of sync with real-time, then yeah I probably would feel guilty since it's not my playstyle.

I don't feel guilty about it at all, but I do get a little irritated when I sit by the town tree in my main town and the order is all messed up :p While I don't excessively time travel anymore I do still change the time since I only get to play in the early morning (8am-10am) and late at night (9pm and later) because of work... I need to TT for variety and for my sanity.

The only time I feel bad about it is when people get onto me for 'cheating'. I mean, I want to do it right, but I'm so impatient. Honestly, I'm going to get another cartridge and play everything the 'right way' on the other. If I feel the need to cheat I'll just go back to my first town, lmao. (I hope that made sense..)

nope! i have zero patience for some things in the game and time traveling helps me enjoy the game more. :p that's what's fun about it... you can play it anyway you want and i'd only feel guilty if i thought there was a "right" way to play it.

No way, I don't feel guilty about time-travelling. It's your video game, you should feel happy to play it in whatever manner you choose.

I TTed for Gracie and for the store to open so I didn't miss the gorgeous set. No regrets! My main room is my favorite room atm. :cool:

I never used to when I first started. Played day by day for close to a year then tt'd to finally adopt a couple of villagers and to tt some out. I absolutely love it now and can't imagine going back. xD

I agree with you all about not feeling guilty! I figured out that the goals I have are not really about the shops. I want to have a completely landscaped town and complete museum. So if I TT and get the store upgrades in the process then so be it. Haha :) I do agree with dizzy bone though it annoys me to have the order all messed up with the town tree too lol!

Last edited:
I don't feel guilty but it will annoy me if I got the order of events in the town tree messed up like if it says I moved in two villagers or built a lighthouse and windmill on the same day.

I used to feel guilty about time traveling, but now I get so impatient with villagers moving out and having to do a lot of time traveling to get pings from villagers that I don't ever hesitate to do it anymore. I only ever time travel only to move villagers out, though.

hmm. i just got the game yesterday, and although i have not time traveled (at least with this copy) nor intend on doing so, my well-off friend gave me a lot of bells. it makes me feel guilty that i used some of it towards my house.. for me, it feels better when i earn it myself. i don't think i'm gonna touch the rest of them at all..

No I don't feel any guilt whatsoever for time traveling. I play to enjoy myself, not play it as though it's another life where I'm subject to time constraits!

If I had stuck to real time I when I first got ACNL I would have only seen the shops on the occassional Sunday due to work and family commitments. Luckily I'd learned with ACWW that I care far more about convenience than I do the notion of "purity". I fit my gaming around my other commitments, and I refuse to change my priorities in order to accommodate some game mechanics - no game, even Animal Crossing, is worth that to me.

I only ever TT if I'm demolishing a pwp or if i set up a PWP donations thing and then change my mind about the placement. But i always feel a little guilty for some reason.

Back