• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Needing help with linking ACNL and HHD!

Hbear

Unbearable Person 2k17
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
Okay so here's the run down:

I have a digital and physical copy of ACNL. The digital copy is my main town, the physical is my cycling town. Now, I wanted to link my HHD, which is another digital copy, to my digital copy of ACNL. Is this possible?

When I talk to Isabelle, she tells me to inset the original Game Card into my system, but I'm on my digital copy of ACNL, so I don't have a physical cartridge of my main town. She proceeds to say that she can't find any of the ACNL data and she can't link it without it.

TL;DR: Can I link my digital copy of ACNL and my also digital copy of HHD?

Maybe try opening your main town with the game cart slot empty. Isabelle might be seeing your ACNL cartridge first then ignores the digital version. Also you probably know this but I'm gonna say it anyways, make sure to select digital copy of HHD.

So, you're trying to link New leaf with Happy Home? When I did that, both HHD and NL were digital, she asked me if I was doing physical or digital and I said digital. It worked fine that way for me from NL's Menu. .3. I too, use a digital and physical of NL xP

You guys are lifesavers! I took out the physical copy out of my 3DS and it worked! I didn't even think to do that LOL Thanks!

Back