• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Will I get to design my own house?

deerteeth

i want fuit gummy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Eventually will I be able to design my own house? I really really hope so, but I wasn't sure!

No, unfortunately. You don't get a house. You start the day at work, and end the day at work.

No :( I was looking forward to designing my own house. I'm going to redesign one of my villagers homes and make a space for me so I can be their room mate :'D

No, unfortunately. You don't get a house. You start the day at work, and end the day at work.

Oh, darn! I was really hoping so because I really like the arrangement rules in this game better than in acnl! Plus you can repaint items and multiply them at the click of a button! qvq I suppose I'll do what dizzy bone said and make a villager house with two rooms so I can make a faux room for myself qvq'

I think they decided not to give players their own home in HHD because they didn't want this game to outright replace New Leaf. So although it's kinda disappointing, I also understand their logic.

Yeah well even though it isn't supposed to replace New Leaf, it did for me! XD I always liked the designing more anyway! ^-^ This game was really all I needed out of Animal Crossing to be honest! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

It is quite disappointing not to be able to design a house for yourself though... Maybe I will just ignore what a villager wants and make my own house! XD

For every house I design, I kinda picture it as my own home anyway. Well, except for themes I don't like. XD

I mean you get to design *your own* house, but just not *other villager's* houses

EDIT: wait lol whoops, I thought this was the NL board

yeah, no. you're a homeless slave to corporate demand for this game

Last edited:
I wish we could, It'd be nice to design my own space without worrying about complaints &#55357;&#56834;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wish we could, It'd be nice to design my own space without worrying about complaints 😂

if you really want to, after you make a house someone requests, you can go back and edit it however you want and they wont care what you make it into. but it will never really be your house, because they will be living in it and you live in the dingy car outside the shop.

No, but sometimes when you scan Amiibo cards they only require one specific item or none at all to be in their house, so you could always pretend that's yours

I've never had any complaints. I just use the items they request and if I don't like their house I'll change it up straight away since they leave it up to you when you redesign.

I really wish we could have our own place... I also miss the furniture makeovers from ACNL.

I wish you could as well. I will probably redesign the house of someone in the game I don't like to whatever I want lol.

I sold the game a while ago because I had stopped playing it, but now I regret it, because I really want to play it again, haha.

Not having my own home did sort of bug me, but my plan was to make myself someone's roommate once I unlocked my favorite furniture sets. Probably Isabelle. She's a cutie and a hard worker, and polite. She'd make a great roommate. That or one of the Uchi villagers. Big sisters who actually give me medicine instead of just pointing out how bad I look in AC:NL made me love them even more than I already did.

I wish :(

As previously said, you can use NPC's amibo cards, because they don't have a specific theme (I think?) and decorate it as you feel fit.

funny how there are amiibo cards for every animal crossing character except for villager

That's one of the problems I find with HHD. I enjoy the game and think it's a really great idea, but I was excited about designing my own home and going there at the end of the day. Was super disappointed when i found out you couldn't. Oh well, the game is still pretty good and I just customised my favourite villagers house so it looks like I'm there room mate lol:).

Last edited:
Back