• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Weather...

Favorite Season?

• Winter

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Spring

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Summer

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Fall

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters

Fruitcup

Bells
Switch
6741-6970-1025
Yellow Candy
...is killing me. The snow is driving me insane, I feel as though it will never disappear. It makes my town look bad and sad, it really does it no justice. I know the snow leaves by the end of February, I was really hoping it would be gone by now though, a whole other month makes it seem like it will last forever!
How do you guys feel about the snow?

Winter and Spring are my favorite seasons.
Prefer Winter more though. :)

Winter and Spring are my favorite seasons.
Prefer Winter more though. :)

At the beginning of every winter season I get excited and happy for the snow but by the end half of it I'm ready for it to be done with.

I just vented about this on another thread. I'm trying to get dirt paths but the snow is making it impossible. I only just found out about it ending on the 25th and went bonkers. Thought it was due to disappear any day now. :mad:

I just vented about this on another thread. I'm trying to get dirt paths but the snow is making it impossible. I only just found out about it ending on the 25th and went bonkers. Thought it was due to disappear any day now. :mad:

You can't make dirt paths during the winter? I didn't know that, such a delay!

I hate snow. It makes my town look ugly and dirty. It doesn't help that my paths don't match the ground. It was okay last December because of the events and when the cedar trees have lights around them but now there's no more events to look forward other than the Festival at the end of February so I went ahead and TT'd to the start of spring. I'll go back again once the snow goes away in real time. Oh, and my favorite season is Summer.

I don't know if you *can't* but if you can it takes a lot longer since the grass grows back faster in winter.

I really like spring and summer :) I like winter at the beginning, but the snow makes everything look so dull and weird so I get tired of it pretty easily. Can't wait till everything is green again!

I really love the summers in the ACNL, especially during the fireworks shows. Those are always fun. c:

But yeah, the snow is starting to get a little meh now, but on the bright side, I can still get my much-needed ice furniture.

Last edited:
i hate fall and winter. the sun sets way too early and during the mornings it takes way too long for the sun to rise. it's cold all the time and the snow ruins everything and makes everything look ugly. Spring and summer are my favorites but I prefer summer. The sunny bright days and the green grass makes me feel better and more awake and I love it so much that the sun doesn't set till 9. I love the hot too, doesn't matter how hot it is I rather be sweating than shivering.

edit- i just realized i read this wrong lol i feel dumb i thought you meant irl seasons.

Last edited:
I don't really like winter in the game either, it's so dull. Spring is my favourite season because the tree and grass colours are really pretty.

i detest winter in the game and tbh have never endured it for more than a few days lmfao. it's just not that fun to me. i don't have much open space so there's little joy to had in snowballs or whatever and my colors schemes are all bungled by it.

more to the point of the thread tho, i wonder if part of the reason that winter in the fame feels to endless and interminable is that there's far fewer variations in weather? like, we generally don't get the full range of - snowstorms, sleet, slush, animal villagers changing to have hats or appear cold, the lakes freezing over so you can skate on them, animals migrating south etc. just a lot of the things that make winter actually fun and cool aren't rly present in the game and that sucks :(

I honestly think most towns in ACNL look worse under the snow unless they're winter-themed or something.

As for my favorite season, it has to be summer. There are just so many ways to exploit its beauty: most colourful bush flowers only bloom in summer, trees become that gorgeous shade of dark green that contrasts beautifully with brightly-coloured fruit, and at the start of June there are even pretty fireflies to illuminate the night...

While it's true that spring has cherry blossom season on its side, I still prefer summer overall :)

Fall, all jokes aside. I love Halloween. I love the memories of shopping for Yule presents. I love eating more food than one person should be allowed to eat. I love the smell of the sky and the tang of rotting leaves and the crunch of leaves under my feet, or the rustle of them as they blow down the sidewalk. I love the bitterness in the air, the frost, the light snow that only falls because it's just BARELY cold enough for it.

Also, I love that orange that leaves turn. It's one of my favourite colours, easily, but it translates badly to almost any other situation.

I feel pretty sad playing the game at this time of the year. The snow just doesn't do anything for me unfortunately.
Also, being from Australia, the weather is the exact opposite so it doesn't reflect the "real world" which makes me sad...

I was thinking about maybe TT'ing (which I don't do) 6 months ahead just so the seasons match up, but alas, then the events won't match up and I'll be having Christmas in July.

The first year I loved it for the events and making snow people. Once all that was done I couldn't wait for spring/summer to arrive. Summer is my favorite season. It's when the game was released and I love wearing shorts, tee and flip flops.

I made sure to make a 2nd town that is in summer right now so I can escape my main town weather.

I'm still enjoying the snow people, but I would not be upset if the snow vanished tomorrow. I much prefer seeing grass, rather than snow. Favourite in game season: spring. I love autumn in real life, but in game the colours aren't as vibrant, so here it's less of a favourite. Still better than winter.

I like spring the best. Everything is so vibrant and pretty, especially the first day after the snow melts.

Winter is probably the worst season to me. The snow is okay at first, but it gets old so quick. It is so boring to look at and there is barely anything to do.

Voted Spring but to be honest I always tire of the current season eventually. Can't wait for Fall colors in Summer, can't wait for snow when in Fall, can't wait for the green grass when in Winter, and so on. I'd time travel but right now I can only handle one day at a time. Summer is prob the most boring season for me but not horrible. At least this year we won't have to do Festivale in snow, unlike the past two years. D:

Back