• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Music while studying

Do you listen to music while studying?

• Yes

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MayorNoodl

Guzma Trash ಠ⌣ಠ
Bells
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Yellow Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
According to recent research studies, student who listen to music while studying perform better than student who don?t listen to music while studying. Do you listen to music while studying?

Helping a friend gain research for a project! Thank you all!

Edit: Thank you all who has replied! This is great help towards helping my friend!

Last edited:
Yah I listen to music when doing my homework and when I'm studying. The only problem is I'll sometimes get too into the music and just start ignoring all my work.

I listen to music while I'm doing things, but if I were writing something or reading something, music would just get in the way. I could probably stand it if it were instrumental music, though.

I listen to music doing just about anything

- - - Post Merge - - -

I could probably stand it if it were instrumental music, though.

lol, and here I'd say the good chunk of my music is instrumental

though even vocal stuff isn't too distracting in most cases for me. and the rare times it is, I just count them as small break points (or just skip if absolutely need be)

I only done it back in 2015. When I listened to some Christmas music. I don't know if I'll do it again.

I rarely study for anything but when I do I find it really hard for me to focus, because I get so wrapped up in the music that I end up not studying at all

I always listen to music. Music is life.

No music or any sound at all. when I was still a student and studying for a test I would wait til everyone's asleep so it'll be super quite, I'd even close the windows and the ac and just avoid/shut down any distraction. I also wait for them to sleep so that I could walk around the house because that's how I study, I can't just stay in my room to study and I can't study in cafe because I get easily distracted and can't sit down

Last edited:
If I'm reading something then absolutely not.... but if I'm working on something its necessary! But not my favorite music or I get distracted singing along

I do, but keep in mind, certain studies have also proven that while music can help with studying, certain genres of music help more than others. Instrumental music or music in a language you don't understand helps more than something in your native language, especially when it comes to rock or anything really energetic. Loud music in general is a bad idea.

With me, I'll listen to video game OSTs while I read or study.

Yes.
Most times I can absolutely cannot stand silence when I'm studying. I need some sort of background music to keep me interested, kinda keeps me pumped I guess. A lot of the time I end up zoning out of the music so I kinda listen to it passively.

But if I'm in a public place, say the library, where there's a lot of noise around sometimes it gets a bit too much with background noise plus music so I find it hard to focus. Also if I'm trying to read a book I can't listen to music, I'm a terrible reader so I can't focus at all.

I kinda listen to anything in the background. Half the time it's just the radio playing, or sometimes my favourite songs playlist or video game soundtracks (namely ACNL lmao).

I listen to Study Music Project while studying. It helps me focus more than any other music I've tried listening to because it is so relaxing and pleasant-sounding. Other instrumental music is ok but just not the same. I could never listen to anything with words, I would not be able to get anything done.

I always listen to music however not when I'm trying to focus on something, so no.

I listen to classical or just some nice piano music when I'm studying. If I listen to anything with lyrics I tend to get distracted or find myself rereading a paragraph repeatedly.

I can only listen to music while I study if it's instrumental and doesn't have any lyrics in it. If it does, it has to be in a language I don't understand so I can't sing along xD Otherwise I'll get too into singing with the song and not study haha

Back