• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you feel about collectibles?

Personally, I wouldn't mind the entire bell system and collectibles to disappear, but they're not something that would ruin my overall enjoyment either. I'd very likely forget that they existed before they're gone forever.

I personally like that other people like the bell system. Means I can get in-game things easier. Back when I first joined the forums, the bells and collectibles weren't as big as they are now. Back when New Leaf first came out, f you wanted to trade for other in-game items, it meant you had to have a good stock of rare things and/or a LOT of in-game bells available to trade. I was constantly going to the island and constantly buying turnips and trying to sell those turnips high to afford to be able to do some of these expensive trades. TBT trades were possible back then, but a LOT less people were doing it so it was hard to rely on it.

When you don't care about TBT, spending even as much as 10 TBT per item feels so cheap and less of a time sink than doing what I did before.

So that's the only reason I personally care about TBT - other people DO care, so it means it's easier to get in-game stuff for me.

They're too expensive for the majority of people who aren't constantly trading. Wish they would increase the supply and drive the prices down.

I'm a sucker for anything collectible and aesthetic, so of course I'm all over them. The prices are ridiculous but I just can't help but save up to collect all the pretty ones. ;o;

I didn't care for them much when I joined the forum but I always liked the shamrock collectible. I told myself, I'd be happy to have even just 1 of them and a good friend gifted it to me! So sweet of her! (Thank you Link!) I was content until I joined the Halloween event and got into collecting the candies. Haven't stopped collecting since then. Haha.
Oh and when they added Mint, I got excited! Would love to see the wolves, particularly - Fang, Skye & Whitney.. and Marshal as collectibles. xD

Last edited:
Collectibles, in my opinion, are kind of pointless. You're spending THOUSANDS of TBT bells on... just a few little pixels to attach to your profile? Fine, I do have a few (I managed to snag a weird doll for 1 tbt on Friday the 13th), and I bought a pear and a cake when I first came here, but honestly? I don't want to practically waste my hard-earned TBT. 2k bells for a little colored square? Haha, no thanks. If you can buy full rare sets of furniture for 50-100 tbt per set, why do you need to spend twenty times that on something so... pointless?

Idk, this is just my opinion.

My opinion of them before I joined the staff team was that they're adorable, very fun to collect, and kept the site interesting for me and many others once our interest in ACNL began to wane. Certain collectibles represent great times I've had on the site, most notably the gold trophy I won for my sandcastle back in summer of 2014. I felt and still feel as though they add a different dynamic and layer of excitement to the site, and the fact that Animal Crossing is a game that largely appeals to collectors and completionists makes them a great idea and addition to the forum. I think most would agree that this place wouldn't be the same without them.

After joining the staff, I appreciate them even more after seeing how much hard work our site artists put into creating them. Thunder and Laudine always do such an awesome job, even when the rest of us are demanding poopheads and insist they make 65046587 versions of everything. It's also an amazing feeling when we release something new and are able to see and share in the excitement it creates for the members here. I know they aren't for everyone, but we all recognize that the collectibles are an important part of the site experience for many of you and I'd imagine they'll be around as long as the site itself is.

There's a lot of them I don't really care for the look of but as a whole I really like co-ordinating them with my avatar and my signature so I find them fun overall. I especially like the feathers and gemstones.

Plus even the ones I don't care about, I appreciate that the project staff bothers to make anything for us. Especially seeing as some people demand new collectables like a week after new ones have just been released, I know I personally would get tired of that so kudos to them.

I really like them, but mainly because I have nothing else to spend my TBT on. I enjoy that they give me other things to do on the forums.

collectibles and the TBT Bell market have ruined TBT and to an extent, Animal Crossing for me. Not a fan.

I liked them and went on to collect all of them. They were my only reason I was on tbt. But once I got them all except one, I got extremely bored and realized how much time and money I wasted and that I could never get back. So I decided to sell all of them because it has no worth, doesn't do anything for me and aren't as attractive as they used to be.

I really enjoyed collecting them in the beginning, I liked decorating my profile with different styles and sets of the collectibles, I even earned a lot of bells through selling villagers, art, and items in hopes of obtaining the super rare ones. I also enjoyed the aspect of selling/buying collectibles at the marketplace to create a mini tbt economy. But as I'm less and less active on the forums, I don't really care about them anymore.

i think a number of them are cute, and if new, cute ones are released, i'll try to collect them if i can. i've only ever bought one? off the tbt marketplace and it wasn't even worth it. i started off my time on tbt not caring about collectibles, then went through a phase of wanting to collect certain ones i liked, and have reached a middle ground? i'm not willing to pay over shop price for any of them, and would rather earn them through fairs or the like. also, i'm pretty satisfied with my current lineup so.

indifferent, really. i don't mind em, i don't mind having them or not. sometimes i invest in them in shop bc they might have high sell rate later, but other than that no i don't spend much on them or care about them.

I'm addicted to them. I'm not even gonna deny it. I hate how expensive they are though. I'll try to drive the price down as much as possible before I buy. The most I spent on one collectible was 580 TBT, but I disliked spending that much at once. I couldn't resist the cuteness of the Peach though.

They're cute but way too expensive. you've got to post 20+ times a day just to earn enough bells for half one.

Back