Villager appreciation thread!

I love Bob. Honestly, talking to him reminds me of Hugh, my first Animal Crossing best friend.

I love so many, but right now I'm really enjoying having Raddle, Ankha, and Chadder in my town. I love the lazies the most and a medical theme is super cool, so that's why I <3 Raddle. Ankha is a queen and I can't wait until I earn her picture! And Chadder is just ADORABLE. I love all my villagers but those are my babies. ^^

Ohmigosh, I love so many! Flurry is definitely way high up on the list. Also Coco. And Cole. And pretty much all of the rabbit villagers.

But Flurry is my hamster queen!

I couldn't list all my loved villagers since I own 5 copies of this game to fit just a fraction of them ; u ;

I think my absolute favorite ended up being Marshal, even though I hated his design at first. I didn't get why he got so much love in the community "what's so great about an angry white squirrel?" Yeah, nope. He's precious. His angry little face makes for so many funny moments and screenshots. He's so cuddly and just a tiny little flirt! He talks about curling into a tiny ball when he sleeps, he's an awkward nerd child that tries to bs being cool, and he's just a super smiley sweety when you actually talk to him! I ended up making a plushy of him, and a little key chain that's on my 3d bag~ I never thought I'd have a favorite villager, let alone an angry-faced one, but he's definitely filled that spot! The smugs all have this cute line when their friendship is low that they hope that even if they don't show up in any public records, they want to be remembered and hope for their memory to bring happiness to you. That brings me to a much less popular villager that I adore...

Hans <3 he was the first smug I ever got, and when he showed up I had an "AHH. GEEZ. WHAT A FACE." I'm not generally fond of the gorilla villagers... At first. Hans taught me that smugs are my favorite villager type, and that no mattermy initial reaction, I'll end up loving any villager that moves in. He gave me tons of gifts, hoping that I'd be his friend. I realized I'd been neglecting him because I didn't find him as aesthetically appealing. I ended up scolding myself and spending more time with him. He ended up being my second villager to give me a photograph. He also expressed value in each task I did for him, it was just sweet! <3

Same for katt, my first Uchi. Her house was close to mine, so I talked to her a lot and built a strong bond. She ended up really living up to the "big sister" description. So much so that when Muffy moved in (after Katt moved out) I was really upset. I liked Muffy, she's a pretty little gothic sheep~ but because her friendship was low, she'd constantly take advantage of favors, sell me tons of fake paintings, and never gave me medicine for bees. I really, really missed Katt. Of course, that changed after a while! We got close~ By now, since I've met almost every uchi and played for much longer times, Deirdre ended up being my favorite Uchi, but Katt will always have a special place in my heart <3

Diana is my all time favorite I swear evertime I see her I say out loud "awh thats the cutest thing i've ever seen" she's literally so adorable and always makes me laugh! A very close 2nd would have to be Flora it's the same thing for her she always makes me smile! They both have houses right next to me and I won't let anyone else even on that side of the map as it's only reserved for my favorites!

Last edited:
Whitney's probably my favourite villager. I have such serious soft spots for my other villagers, like Julian, Pashmina, Drago, and Merry, and obviously am attached to Marshal and Agnes in Paragon. However, with Whitney, it's a bit different. Whitney once one of the first faces I saw on my first playthrough of ACNL, which was the first Animal Crossing game I've ever played. I didn't ever restart Wishfall, and had no towns before it. Whitney was there from the very start, and she's STILL in my town. If she ever leaves, I'll probably stop playing on that town. She's been there longer than I have, and she's grown to be my absolute favourite neighbor, and possibly my favourite villager in general.

Plus, her design is adorable af.

Marshal is just the cutest, I love his squishy face and I have a soft spot for Freya cause she's such a madam.

There are many I've come to love over the years but my absolute favorite is always the same: Victoria.
Even before I managed to obtain her myself I read her wiki page and was awestruck by how cool she is. Horses are already my favorite villager species, but a racehorse? A racehorse with a name that means victory?
Hell yeah sign me up for that!
Also, she's peppy, aka my fave female personality, so we've become besties right away ^u^
The only tiiiiiny little smidge on her perfection is her metallic house exterior, but I'm more than willing to overlook that one small flaw to have her awesomeness in my town.

I also really like Robin. I love bird villagers (2nd fave species after horses), she's got a cool house exterior and a lovely colour scheme, especially with her starting kiwi shirt. I usually just tend to tolerate snooty villagers but she's one of the few exceptions. I would gladly listen to this pretty bird's old lady rants all day...

Aaaand finally this is one I haven't played with much but I'm planning to and am pretty excited about eventually obtaining: Angus. He showed up in my cycling town about a year ago and even though I thought he's cute, I didn't really interact with him much until I eventually re-setted that file. But recently I've started to really appreciate cow villagers in general and I need one to fit the farm theme I'm going for in my new town, so he's definitely on my list for Oranvale residents. I like that he looks like one of those types that are big buff and scary on the outside (he's a bull with a flame shirt ffs) but are actually total sweethearts on the inside (the long lower eyelashes, his picture quote "even strong men cry").

I also just have a soft spot for cranky villagers in general, they're the best male personality imo.

And hold on... apparently his catchphrase is supposed to indicate he's scottish?! EVEN BETTER OMG my scott great-granparents would be proud lol

Last edited:
Henry is so sweet! He's my favourite villager in my town at the minute :D

I love Maple the most. That's because I love bears and she has been in all of my towns (on DS, Wii and 3DS). Unfortunately, she moved out. I'm waiting to get her back..

I'm just gonna list three of my favorites. c:

Wendy. She was the first villager in New Leaf that I'd gotten attached too when I shared a town with my brother. She was super friendly and sweet, and she sent the best letters. We celebrated two birthdays together, and she was always my best friend in that town. 'Til she moved out... Now, after 3 years, I've finally got her in my town, and I'm so happy to be reunited with her. <3

Bettina. Before I reset my old town, I was looking at different villagers, when I saw Bettina's picture. My first thought was, "Aw, she's a little chef mouse!" And then, she became a huge dreamie for me. When I started my town Sapphire, one of the first three starters I saw was Bettina. I was so happy, and she instantly became a favorite of mine. She became close friends with my mayor and even hosted my birthday. She's one villager I'm never letting go. c:

Pashmina. She was my first uchi back in me and brother's town. Her tomboy attitude quickly grew onto me, since I'm a tomboy too. I loved how chill she is, and it was awesome when she gave me fighting advice. She gave me medicine when my character was stung by bees, and she was overall really great. Then, she moved out. Someday, I'll get her back.

Bob is a precious creature that should be loved by all.

^ This

My favourite villager and character is Bob. At this point I don't think I should even mention why since I've already stated it on a few other threads. What I would say however is that I've had him ever since I first started playing Animal Crossing and he's been my favourite character since because of how nice he is, the nostalgia I have for him and the design of his house. I guess you could call him my best friend even though he's a video game character. Anyways, a few other villagers I like are Tangy (had in my first GCN town and lots of nostalgia for her), Mitzi (same as Tangy), Punchy (I'm just a huge fan of cat villagers and Punchy is very similar to Bob), Alfonso (appeared in the movie, was one of my favourite characters in it and an underrated villager) and Rosie (also appeared in the movie again as one of my favourite characters). I think there should be an event called Villager Appreciation Day where they appreciate the villagers in your town that you are most friends with.

I've never heard anyone else say they love Drake, but I adore the little guy. He's a lazy mallard duck, what's not to love? :lemon:

He's even my most useful team member in DIE. He frequently manages to waddle away from enemies with his soft footed ability, and he can travel 5 grid spaces (my others are limited to 4). Oh, and he has like an 80% chance of escaping pitfalls.

Last edited:
Kid Cat was my favourite when the game first came out!! He was a starter in my town. When my town corrupted, I was so heart broken. Luckily someone was so nice and gave him to me for my new town. :) It's been about 3 years since I started that town over and he's still here! <3

I love pietro. He moved in right after I started my town and at first he creeped me out and I hated his design but suddenly a few days later I saw how cute he is. I love his design !! He's so cute and small. I think he's underrated.

I enjoy talking to Annalise whether she is telling me to get out of her house late at night or assessing DJ KK's ability to transition between his beats.

Back