• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How much money have you spent on Animal Crossing?

like 90 or 100 dollars. I bought ACNL 3 times (physical) and of course got ACHHD too.

This series has cost me alot.

my game & 3ds were both gifts from my parents when acnl first came out (was for a birthday!!)
... so i haven't spent anything so far

I bought 2 copies of new leaf (70$)
Used copy of wild word (30$)
My friend gave me his copy of happy home designer for free (0$)

It's only 100$ at the moment, but I'll probably end up buying some amiibo cards and figures eventually.

Oh man, uh I'd say several hundred in total probably...
games, books, figure sets, plush dolls, amiibo etc

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh man, uh I'd say several hundred in total probably...
games, books, figure sets, plush dolls, amiibo etc

GC was gifted to me, I pirated CF and WW, and bought NL twice for $40 each

So only $80

1 WW game
1 ACNL cartridge
1 ACNL digital
1 happy home designer

They were all original games and not on sale when I got them. I would have spent some good money on amiibo cards but I don't have a reader and I'll delay that until I get a new 3ds I suppose. And still waiting on that animal crossing switch game... the main reason I'd buy a switch but im already tempted ._.

1 DS
1 Animal Crossing Wild World
1 3ds
1 Animal Crossing New Leaf
1 pack of series 1 amiibo cards

That's about it, but I did buy my 3ds just so I could play New Leaf. ; u ; I'm planning on buying more amiibo cards and figures once I go overseas in like 15 days though.

Not nearly as much as some have at this point. But back when it was released for the GC, I bought a ton of merch! I have the original red house with furniture and mini figurines, the limited edition blue t-shirt that nintendo gave when you subscribed to their magazine, all the NPC plushies, etc. I still have them. But now with the new amiibo merch, it's a lot easier to spend money.

Probably too much haha. Wild World was a birthday present one year and City Folk was a Christmas present so I didn't have to pay for those; I bought New Leaf myself along with maybe 7-8 packs of Amiibo cards, plus a bunch of amiibo figurines. I've bought Mabel, Kicks, Blathers, Tom Nook, Digby, Kapp'n, Rover, and Link Rider (so I could get Epona to move to my town). So yeah, too much.

Currently spending more so I can get my dream RV villagers ;o;
I didn't buy them for AC specifically but I bought my DS Lite and 3DS
I bought the gamecube version a couple years back since I lost the original
Bought Wild World
Bought ACNL
And have bought an NFC reader for ACNL specifically, and around 4 amiibo packs + some single cards off ebay

....oops

I've spent a lot. My gamecube and original ac was a hand-me-down from my brother, but I bought the link to connect my gameboy advanced (waaaay back in like 2005). Then I bought acnl when it came out. And when HHD came out I bought the entire New 3DS to go with it. Plus I've bought amiibo and many packs of amiibo cards. And I want to get more! lol

Well... I bought one copy of acnl and an Isabelle stylus for 9 bucks... so like $40? But I'm gonna get my hands on those sanrio cards if it's the last thing I do : ))) I can't find them online for a decent price rn...

not tooooo much! but then again i'm only 3 months in, so tbh i'm in trouble:

- ACNL
- 3ds (i'm including this because i bought a ds for the sole purpose of playing animal crossing to be honest)
- 5 amiibo card packs
- nfc reader
- AC happy home designer

so... around $200?

omg i'm a student i can't be doing this

Kind of a terrifying thought tbh.

Let's see...gamecube version, ds version, city folk, new leaf, new leaf welcome amiibo, happy home designer, qr reader
I have a giant stack, at least 200 amiibo cards, not even counting doubles. I would buy 1-3 packs every week ;>>
Reese, K.K., Cyrus amiibo figure combo pack on clearance
A few keychains.
I mean I guess that's it if you're only counting official merch and not etsy things. But it's a few hundred easy. Worth it.

my money contributed towards:
-acnl
-bunnie villager plush
- 4 packs of amiibo cards/ 3 individual cards of my dreamies
-wolf link amiibo for wolf link

and yesterday I bought two pikopuri magazines. The one with the promo KK card and the april-June 2017 one ~
I'm contemplating whether I should get the Navirou amiibo for adorable Felyne ..

So far just a digital copy of NL ($60AU) and soon to be two amiibo ($18AU).

But I am probably going to drop a ridiculous amount of money on the Sanrio amiibo set soon. The cheapest I can find on ebay is over $50AU plus shipping :(

Last edited:
Not alot I think. (IDK prices)
ACNL: 1 copy
HHD: 1 copy that came with NFC reader/writer
Amiibo: Bought one full price, other 5 preowned, 5 AUS dollars each. One pack of WA cards. Series 3 album that came with pack
2DS theme
Thats it

Back