• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How much money have you spent on Animal Crossing?

lemoncrossing

fairything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1334-5403-6431
Tetris Grid
Sometimes I wonder how much cash I've dropped all for the sake of Animal Crossing. Been a diehard fan since 2013, and since then, well, let's do the math...
I bought three copies of New Leaf...
One copy of City Folk....
A used copy of Wild World...
A copy of Happy Home Designer...
Spent the worst $60 of my life on Amiibo Festival...
Bought enough amiibo card packs to nearly be done with all 5 series...
All the amiibo figures...
An overpriced EU set of Sanrio cards...
And then I've spent money on merch like pillows, magnets, and art.
I don't know exactly how much that is, but it's quite a lot. :eek:

How much have you spent on Animal Crossing?

I have also spent quite a bit. I've bought...
New leaf ( twice because then I switched to the digital version)
Amiibo festival ( yes it was bad lol)
Some of the amiibo figures
All of the original amiibo cards
Some of the RV amiibo cards
Some DS stylus and cases online
Animal crossing candy
A keychain from gamestop

I know it's well in the $100s with just the amiibo cards...

Last edited:
so 2 main acnl games ?60
hhd ?30
hhd 3ds xl ?250
5 amiibo figures ?50
roughly round 25 packets of amiibo cards ?100
acnl art ?30
acnl themed accessories ?40+

jesus :)

I only bought 1 copy of the game, but I've spent a few hundred dollars on the amiibo cards.. Lol

I've bought all of the games more than once. I also bought a kapp'n plushie, crazy redd keychain, set of wild world styluses, and a tom nook alarm clock. Sounds like a lot but compared to people collecting cards and amiibos it probably doesn't compare.

To much money probably.
But boy, do I love my Blathers amiibo <3

3 ds and game-$220
Buying used games and getting some from Target- $80
Amiibo cards- $40
Amiibo figures- $100?

$440. Wow, I really had no idea it was that much. I bought the 3ds just so I could play New Leaf. It has kept me happy for over three years.

ACHHD: ?40.00
ACNL: ?40.00
2 Series 1 Amiibo Card Packs: ?10.00
4 WA Card Packs: ?20.00
NFC Reader/Writer: ?20.00
About ?130.00 apparently. :')

Not counting merch, I have bought a digital copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf ($20), 3 Physical New Leafs ($100), 3 City Folk Games ($60), 1 GCN copy ($38), 2 Wild Worlds ($42), a digital and physical version of Happy Home Designer ($80), and 1 very terrible game with some awesome amiibo ($60). Now before I add it, may I say that when I got these games, the price was different sometimes from the other. Like when New Leaf launched, I got a $40 copy. So if something seems out of place that's why. When added up, it ends up tooooooo... 400 dollars. Could buy a Nintendo Switch and BOTW with that much money. And if your wondering why I have so many, it could be multiple reason. It could be I lost a copy of it, one would be broken, I sold it, or wanted another town. That's just some of the reasons but nevertheless, i've spent the money of the game.

Last edited:
Way too much! I was just thinking about that the other day haha then I decided not to think about it anymore. Goodbye my money.. hello my dreamies

Hmm... I bought Let's Go to the City sometime in 2009/2010, I believe it was bundled with a Wii so I take it was around €20; then I bought New Leaf for €45; Happy Home Designer for €40; then the packs of cards I've bought... I think I have bought 4 packs on my own, that'd be about €20. Total: €125. Not too bad, although Happy Home Designer was a bit of a waste...

I brought a copy of wild world back in 2005, and a copy of LGTTC when it came out for the Wii, and a copy of New Leaf back in December of 2014, and I just purchased my first amiibo card off ebay for 4 quid so total I have probably spent about ?40 quid plus I got my 3DS XL specifically so i could play new Leaf so its more like 200 in total lol

I've bought four/five copies of New Leaf (only have three currently), a copy of Happy Home Designer, I've bought one pack of each series so far also bought some specific cards on ebay here and there, bought a pack of Sanrio cards (I hope they arrive), bought two copies of Wild World, and two copies of the original GameCube game. I've no idea how much that'd be lol

Wait...why THREE copies? :eek:

I've bought:
- I actually bought my 3DS to GET ACNL
- ACNL
- HHD

I'm contemplating cards and Welcome Amiibo, but I don't have an NFC reader. I may just get the New Nintendo...and then the cards.

ACNL: $30
HHD: $20
$50 overall.
My 3DS ($160) was initially purchased for the Pok?mon series, Zelda series, etc.

Well, let's see

3 copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2 units of Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: New Leaf Limited Edition (with game pre-installed)
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (bought at launch)
Probably around twelve packs of amiibo cards and seven amiibo figures
1 unit of New 3DS Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Bundle (with digital game)
then another physical copy of AC: Happy Home Designer

Probably spent over $1000, if converted to usd. I still have all of them and I've never sold anything.

Not counting inflation, I got the original in 2002, and about 20 or so packs of e-reader cards. Continued on in 2003, ordering straight from Nintendo since stores were hardly carrying them at all. Got a good 30 or so packs from them, so about 50 packs of cards, never completed it. Then, I left the series in 2004, came back in late 2005 when Wild World came out, so I got that new, nothing else. Got City Folk new in 2008, and that was it for Wii. Got New Leaf in 2013, tobidase edition LL in early 2014, a second copy of New Leaf in late 2014, a second copy of tobidase in early 2015 (cartridge), a used copy of New Leaf in mid-2015 (test theories on) got an updated cartridge of New Leaf in late 2016 (impulse buy), and beginning in 2015 went crazy with amiibo cards buying hundreds and hundreds of packs to do what I failed to do a decade earlier, and finish it all on my own- successful by the way, as well as getting a physical copy of HHD, the HHD small New 3DS bundle, digital copy of HHD Japanese, as well as the HHD LL bundle, then later that year got Amiibo Festival, all 16 amiibo figures, and to keep with consistency, got Japanese Amiibo Festival with all 16 amiibo figures, so a few thousand dollars I guess...

I've bought Population Growing twice (one at original price and then one used, so probably like $10-$15?), I purchased two copies of Wild World when I was younger and then on top of that my brother had one, one copy of City Folk, two copies of New Leaf (both at full price before the reduction down to $20 unfortunately).... hm... a friend bought me Happy Home Designer as a gift but on top of that copy I got the Happy Home Designer themed DS so the game was included with it. I only got that because I didn't want an XL considering the cute plates you can place on the regular N3DS, but that's besides the point.

I have 6 Amiibo figures. 2 were gifts and the others I bought with a GameStop gift card I had been saving at the time. I've purchased a lot of Amiibo cards, I can't really calculate how much I've spent. I'm sure that I spent over $40 though considering that's just how much I paid solely for my (Japanese) Sanrio ones.

I've spent a lot now that I think about it.. probably too much if we're being honest.

Not much in my case since I've only played one game and haven't bought any amiibo (I have had some gifted to me). Just $35 in the eShop on a digital copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I guess you could add the cost of my 3DS, but I didn't buy that just for Animal Crossing.

One copy of City Folk
One copy of Wild World
One copy of Amiibo Festival but it was only $20
Two copies of ACNL (probably will buy a third)
Hundreds of dollars on Amiibo figures and cards
Amiibo card reader
Plus my 2ds I bought just for ACNL basically

Not planning on stopping here either lolol

Back