• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Imperfect Villagers

watercolorwish

Happy🎃Halloween!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4321-2546-0916
Pumpkin Pie
Tasty Cake
Kirby Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
What are some villagers that you think would be cute, if something in their design was changed? for a lot of villagers I think their color pallet is weird and doesnt always work (some villagers have cute colors like light pink but the color of fur in their ears or something is like green yucky colors)

Specifically I have Boyd who is a cutie but if only his lips weren't so gigantic and scary. Jambette syndrome *sigh*

Hazel is already cute, with or without it. :(

Last edited:
3yZya83.jpg
Peaches would look 100% better if she had real eyes instead of two x's.Maybe Nintendo based her design on an old stick horse toy but they should have emphasized the toy aspect like they did with Stitches.As for Jambette,I think the big lips thing works...it's what makes her distinctive and it reminds me of the old Captain Kangaroo show that had a puppet called Miss Frog and she also had a very large set of lips.Hazel would probably look better with normal eyebrows but the she wouldn't really be Hazel anymore and her catchphrase would be something like "uni-ordinarywow".

I personally think all the villagers are pretty unique/interesting, but I think Gigi's design is a bit... scary. I know a lot of people hate Jambette, but in my humble opinion, Gigi is a heck of a lot worse! I mean seriously! The yellow and purple don't go together at all, and her little deformed circular lip things just.... they're so gross. Moving on to another villager, I think Merry's "happy" face makes her look a bit creepy, but that's just me. Peaches and Stitches would also be better if they didn't look so dead with those eyes. With the new villagers, I'm particularly sad with Rilla's design; she's supposed to be based off of Hello Kitty, arguably the most popular Sanrio villager, but her design if awful! She's not cute/adorable like Hello Kitty is, and her being a gorilla just makes it worse. I know it wouldn't be very original, but how about just having her be a cute cat villager? Or maybe something like a dog or even a little hamster?

That's just my two cents, though.

OUelt2g.jpg

CPnAk55XAAAfKuj.jpg
Yeah,the frogs in the game have an odd basic design to begin with but it seems like Nintendo went a bit overboard with most of the female frogs.I like Gigi's overall coloring but they should have made her hair pink or just skipped hair altogether.Jambette is at the other end of the lip spectrum compared to Gigi.I like Gigi's beauty mark.

What are some villagers that you think would be cute, if something in their design was changed? for a lot of villagers I think their color pallet is weird and doesnt always work (some villagers have cute colors like light pink but the color of fur in their ears or something is like green yucky colors)

Specifically I have Boyd who is a cutie but if only his lips weren't so gigantic and scary. Jambette syndrome *sigh*

I have Boyd too!

I think he's adorable. I think his lips look fine, the color makes them less noticeable.

I like Julian better if his eyes aren't closed, though he's still awesome regardless.

For some reason Peanut's dark purple stripe has always bothered me, which is a shame because she is so cute.

View attachment 193467
Peaches would look 100% better if she had real eyes instead of two x's.Maybe Nintendo based her design on an old stick horse toy but they should have emphasized the toy aspect like they did with Stitches.As for Jambette,I think the big lips thing works...it's what makes her distinctive and it reminds me of the old Captain Kangaroo show that had a puppet called Miss Frog and she also had a very large set of lips.Hazel would probably look better with normal eyebrows but the she wouldn't really be Hazel anymore and her catchphrase would be something like "uni-ordinarywow".

I just got Peaches to move into my town and now I'm scared LOL I really wish they would've made her either more toy-like or more "normal" like.

I'd like Drago more if his eyelids didn't have frills. It's weird to me. Also, I think certain characters like Freya could have benefitted from less obvious... Shall we say, make-up.

Of course all of these are opinions/ personal preferences~ Try not to fuss if you see someone insult a design you really like... which I might be about to do :,D

I dislike really vibrant colors and would personally like stitches way, way more if he had a pastel pallet. I couldn't bring myself to put him in my town because he's just way too intensely colored for me. But again, just my personal preference <3 I love the whole living toy thing, it makes me think of San-X's sentimental circus <3

Chelsea is another one that drives me nuts... I love her over-all design but her eyes just don't seem right to me. They're a bit too small compared to the other deer designs, which I generally love. I still like her a lot, and actually have her in one of my towns, but it frustrated me a bit initially.

The villies are fine the way they are, but all of us probably have a few aesthetic preferences~ c:

I think that Muffy is an absolutely precious princess and I love her to bits, but for the longest time I thought her mouth was open, but she's actually wearing lipstick. I'm used to it now but it bothered me at first because I felt like she was 100% perfect despite that! Now I don't mind. :)

I think Charlise would be really cute if she was a different colour. I also like a lot of villagers that I feel were ruined with a weird streak of eyeshadow ( like Tammy and Carrie).

I as a rule dislike make-up on villagers, I love Mira but her having lipstick really doesnt suit. And don't get me started on Elise..

Ed having one eye covered with his mane, I personally dislike. He looks emo, which I'm not a fan of. Had him camping recently and would have invited him to move in if not for that look.

Jacques. That beanie makes him look homeless. Love his appearance otherwise.

Lionel. Not fond of his white mane. He could have been epic with perhaps a grey and black striped mane.

Victoria. I wish that mask could come off so we had a normal brown female horse.

Twiggy. Those mean eyebrows!

Last edited:
Back