• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who should I have as my smug villager?

Julian is a super cute smug, you could always go with the popular Marshal too, but personally one of my favourites is Pietro. His design is super fun and his house has got to be one of the best!

Well, marshall is white and most people love him. I think if you're trying to go for a regal theme, then Julian is perfect.
And he doesn't fit your theme, but I really love Shep, so that's just a personal recommendation.

Last edited:
Definitely Julian since he actually has some regal furniture in his house!
Or maybe Phil since he has blue and red in his design? I almost never see Phil, I think he's pretty cool tbh :)

I think Lionel looks very kingly.
Leopold and Beardo look pretty sophisticated as well, even though Leopold doesn't fit with your color scheme.

Last edited:
My current smug villagers are Julian and Phil! They're both great but Julian has the best furniture out of all the smug villagers and he's the only unicorn villager. But Phil fits the colors you're looking for exactly (he's purple/blue and red)

I've always thought Kidd seemed formal/regal. He's purple as well. I don't see a lot of him either.

I love Kidd, Marshal, and Hans as well, but I think that Julian really would be the best option since the inside and outside of his house are both very appealing, and he would absolutely match a regal-themed town c:

I chose Huck as my smug villager, he's like a blueish grey frog. I love the little frogs!

Lionel sounds like he'd fit your theme perfectly. He's got that swank to his look that makes him so "upper-class gentleman". Plus his house interior looks great, that whirlpool bath! I love that guy so much.

I'd say Julian or Marshal. They're both cute and fit your colour scheme. c:

I feel bad saying Marshal and Julian, because they're both obviously very popular. I have Julian in Wishfall, which took a long time, and just HAPPENED to get Marshal in Paragon as my smug move-in after creating a new game. But honestly, they're both exactly as adorable as everyone says they are. There's something charming about a fabulous unicorn and a Prince Charming squirrel.

Phil is pretty cool, if you're looking for a less-commonly used Smug. I actually have a huge soft spot for Lopez, too. The problem with smugs is that they're mostly either really freakin' awesome looking, or absolutely dreadful in design. Just make sure you get one you're happy with design-wise; their personality can rub you the wrong way if their appearance clashes with it. What's cute when Marshal does it actually makes me really mad when Chops does it.

Thanks for your suggestions so far! I'm still looking for more, so feel free to suggest something if you want.

The problem with smugs is that they're mostly either really freakin' awesome looking, or absolutely dreadful in design. Just make sure you get one you're happy with design-wise; their personality can rub you the wrong way if their appearance clashes with it. What's cute when Marshal does it actually makes me really mad when Chops does it.

Designs won't be too much of a problem for me. Hippeux is the only one that I hate in terms of designs, but I like everybody else and will give them a shot. I like their personalities more than anything. :p

You truly can't get any classier than Lionel. He's so dignified. Have you seen his house?? It's decked.

Chadder and Eugene are two adorable smug villagers that more often than not get overshadoed by the most popular choices...

Chadder has a bit of a luxurious, james bond-kind of theme to his house which is pretty cool. And Eugene's just a really classy dude with awesome shades.

Back