Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice (also, an apology)

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone sees themselves having an abortion. I don't have actual statistics, but I'd bet that 99% of abortions are for unplanned pregnancies or unexpected complications during a pregnancy. Whether to have an abortion is a very difficult and personal decision that a women has to make. For most women, it's not as simple as saying "I don't want the kid. I'm getting an abortion." That's why it really annoys me when some pro-life people characterize women getting abortions as dumb or careless people making a hasty decision. In the real world, **** happens and sometimes people are forced to make the least worst choice, because when a women is seriously considering an abortion, it means she has no good choices left. I'd rather have the actual pregnant person with the consultation of trusted medical professionals make that decision instead of some (mostly male) politicians with little to no medical knowledge from far away make that decision.

I agree with all you said there, I just meant that it would be a difficult decision for me - let alone anybody - to make, especially since I don't see myself having kids straight away. There's always a sense of guilt when it comes to deciding to have an abortion, a feeling that sterile old men won't ever feel. So why should they decide what a woman can or can't do regarding their sexual health?

I've seen clips of people who whole-heartedly thanked their mother for not aborting them even though they were a result of rape. They were very grateful to have a chance of living a life. Imagine if you were never given a chance.

If a women is raped and she makes the choice to go through with the pregnancy and give birth to the child, then that means she at least has somewhat of a desire to give birth to the child and care for the child. I'd be thankful too if my mother went through something like that and decided in her own mind to still give birth to me.

I'm not great at putting myself into other people's shoes, but if I were born only because my mother was required by law to give birth to me, then I don't know how I'd feel. Maybe I'd feel lucky to be alive, but I'd have to live my entire life knowing that my existence was basically unwanted and coerced. I don't know if I could live with that or not.

I believe it is murder
but if I knocked up a girl any time soon I would pay for an abortion if she wanted one because I would support that decision

How gentleman-like of you.

Why murder though? They don't have identities in the sense they're paying taxes, bills, have a 9-5 job and trying to provide for his wife and two kids in the harsh, wide world like the rest of us. The noun 'murder' means "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another", so you'd have to consider a fetus to be a person.

Choice.

People with uteri should be able to decide what they want or need to do with what's in their own body and no one else should get a say in it but especially not the ****ing government.

How gentleman-like of you.

Why murder though? They don't have identities in the sense they're paying taxes, bills, have a 9-5 job and trying to provide for his wife and two kids in the harsh, wide world like the rest of us. The noun 'murder' means "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another", so you'd have to consider a fetus to be a person.

neither do people with severe disabilities in that case, right? Or someone in a coma? I believe life begins at conception. You are correct by saying I consider a fetus as a person

Pro-Choice though I'm not gonna have an aneurysm over someone believing otherwise. People should be able to decide for themselves what they want to do with their own bodies. To me it's not any more complicated than that.

If a women is raped and she makes the choice to go through with the pregnancy and give birth to the child, then that means she at least has somewhat of a desire to give birth to the child and care for the child. I'd be thankful too if my mother went through something like that and decided in her own mind to still give birth to me.

I'm not great at putting myself into other people's shoes, but if I were born only because my mother was required by law to give birth to me, then I don't know how I'd feel. Maybe I'd feel lucky to be alive, but I'd have to live my entire life knowing that my existence was basically unwanted and coerced. I don't know if I could live with that or not.

I know a thing or two about being a mistake. :p The keyword being choice, women should always have a choice, not be forced by the government. It takes a great amount of courage to keep a baby from an unwanted pregnancy, it takes the same amount of courage to abort a baby from an unwanted pregnancy.

Ah , i see why there was alot of people here.

Anyway , I think if a women is pregant , she should have her decision about if she wants to abort or not. Its her decision , not our decision

So , in other words : Im neutral about it

Last edited:
Pro-choice. The potential parents should be the ones to make a decision whether or not to abort, especially the mother since it is her body and her life that is most impacted. That others feel it is their right to dictate to others how they manage their own lives by wanting to ban abortion is insane and coldhearted.

The world is a callous place and most don't seem to care what happens to a couple who can't afford children or what a child's life would be like in such a home or an orphanage.

Those who most want or need an abortion, when given no other option, will resort to illegal abortion and we'll return to the days of coat hangers. It is no exaggeration to say that women will die because of this. If one purports to be pro-life, they wouldn't want an already existing life to be endangered in such a way. In the end it's tribalism and you're not pro-life, but pro-people who agree with you over all else regardless of consequences.

Furthermore, as I've stated in another thread, I figure sapient life by its nature is inherently cruel. You're bringing something into this world so it can eventually die. Whether there is an afterlife or not is uncertain, and if there is no afterlife then you just forced something into existence so it can suffer "because." That's brutal and selfish. You could say I'm anti-life.

Even if I didn't feel the way I just articulated above, I'd still be pro-choice. If you aren't, good for you, don't have an abortion. Don't dictate the path of a stranger's life because your religion tells you it's bad. If it turns out there is an afterlife like you figure, we'll all be judged on our own individual sins and merits, and your callous disregard and lack of empathy for those whose lives you ruin will be one of your sins. Love your neighbor as yourself. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Last edited:
I'm neither because I see both sides.

Personally, I don't like abortion and I don't think I could ever have one. I wish we lived in a world where we didn't have to come to this, but we don't. However, I don't think abortions should be illegal. No matter what I think, or what the law says, women will still find ways to have abortions whether it means go out of country or try to preform them themselves. Some of these methods are dangerous and life threatening. Plus, pregnancy and childbirth is so hard and can be traumatic I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go through with that. People say just put it up for adoption, but I don't think that's right for everyone. Like I said, pregnancy and childbirth is hard so it would be tough to subject yourself to all of that, putting your life at risk and all sorts of other things just to give the baby away. And what if there is something wrong with the baby? Plus there are already so many kids without homes or who are with abusive families who resent them because they never wanted them. Not always, but some. Plus what if there is something wrong with the baby.

There's just a lot to this. I see both sides. I think it's a life, but I also get why people chose to do this. And like I said, people will find ways to do them no matter what. Abortions won't stop just because the law says so, or because of what I think. Also, I disagree with how some people want to put people in jail over this. I think that's dumb and a waste of time and money. This is not something to go to jail over, or get a fine over.

I'm neither because I see both sides.

Personally, I don't like abortion and I don't think I could ever have one. I wish we lived in a world where we didn't have to come to this, but we don't. However, I don't think abortions should be illegal. No matter what I think, or what the law says, women will still find ways to have abortions whether it means go out of country or try to preform them themselves. Some of these methods are dangerous and life threatening. Plus, pregnancy and childbirth is so hard and can be traumatic I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go through with that. People say just put it up for adoption, but I don't think that's right for everyone. Like I said, pregnancy and childbirth is hard so it would be tough to subject yourself to all of that, putting your life at risk and all sorts of other things just to give the baby away. And what if there is something wrong with the baby? Plus there are already so many kids without homes or who are with abusive families who resent them because they never wanted them. Not always, but some. Plus what if there is something wrong with the baby.

There's just a lot to this. I see both sides. I think it's a life, but I also get why people chose to do this. And like I said, people will find ways to do them no matter what. Abortions won't stop just because the law says so, or because of what I think. Also, I disagree with how some people want to put people in jail over this. I think that's dumb and a waste of time and money. This is not something to go to jail over, or get a fine over.

Encouraging abstinence in sex & rape wouldn't change a single statistic of abortions. Abortions are necessary in cases of young woman and girls who are too weak or 'frail', if that's the right word, to deliver a baby. A young girl, victim to sexual abuse, cannot have a child at 11 because they are still a child themselves. It would be wrong to sacrifice the life of a human being for a bag of cells that has a chance, more often than not, of dying at birth anyway.

- - - Post Merge - - -

neither do people with severe disabilities in that case, right? Or someone in a coma? I believe life begins at conception. You are correct by saying I consider a fetus as a person

Killing a disabled person or someone in a coma is murder. They are people, they are fully developed and they exist in the form of birth records. You have the right to your own opinion, I will not revoke you of that right, but I don't think you see the other side to it.

Last edited:
I'm pro-nolife. Every single women should get an abortion once pregnant, no more babies will be born again :lemon:

I'm pro-nolife. Every single women should get an abortion once pregnant, no more babies will be born again :lemon:

Um, okay? Very vague response there. Is there any reason you feel that way? please not politics.

Last edited:

There's no way I'm clicking on that. Seems ironic, considering the ****posting I did yesterday but pleasepleaseplease only write replies that contribute to the discussion. I enjoy the meme enthusiasm, though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm pro choice

BEST VIDEO. Thank you for the laugh, the end gave me a good chuckle. I can't honestly tell if it's for or against abortions or if it's even serious, but it's better that way.

Last edited:
As a member here for 3 years, I can assure you that post is 100% factual and is not ****posting

Last edited:
Pro-choice. It is a woman's own body therefore it's her own choice. It annoys me so much when people decide that they don't like woman getting abortions when it's not them and they aren't in their situation. Not meaning to offend anyone who is pro-life though, I understand that it is your own opinion.
I am deifinitely pro-choice though.

As a member here for 3 years, I can assure you that post is 100% factual and is not ****posting

Yes, 100%. Your signature is extremely pleasing, by the way. And yes, the earth has been proven to be flat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

no ****posting to see here, admins, dw :)))))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back