Best 3ds games?

Although the game is 5 years old, I really like Mario Kart 7. I got that game when I got my 3DS and I still play online sometimes.

Mario Kart 7 is my favourite Mario Kart to date! ^

I also love Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Animal Crossing New Leaf (of course) and Fire Emblem Awakening. C:

All the Zelda games (Triforce Heroes, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link Between Worlds), and Fantasy Life

I love Fire Emblem!!! Also the 3ds Pokemon games are pretty great. I also play a lot of Smash Bros with friends.

I'd have to say all the Monster Hunter games! And Animal Crossing, of course. :p

thanks everyone, kind of want to get mario kart 7 now lol.

I would! If you like the series of course. I feel like the drifting mechanics are the best in that game. I get the drifting boost pretty much everytime and it feels really smooth to make cutting corners easier. I just feel like I really fly while driving in that game compared to others. Not that I don't like the other games but I like 7 best. C:

I would! If you like the series of course. I feel like the drifting mechanics are the best in that game. I get the drifting boost pretty much everytime and it feels really smooth to make cutting corners easier. I just feel like I really fly while driving in that game compared to others. Not that I don't like the other games but I like 7 best. C:

I used to want one of the mario kart games, never got it but I think I played it somewhere else and I loved it. I'll probably get it eventually this year!

I used to want one of the mario kart games, never got it but I think I played it somewhere else and I loved it. I'll probably get it eventually this year!

Yaaaay!! That's very awesome! :D
You could probably get it cheaper somewhere since it's one of the first 3DS games, so that's always a plus too!

monster hunter 3, 4 and gen, what else could be better than taking down a monster hundreds of times your size, skinning it, and wearing its flesh as armor? not much!

Last edited:
It depends on what you like. If you like the psychological horror of a really interesting visual novel mixed with Escape the Room style puzzles and an incredible mystery to unravel, I recommend the Zero Escape series. It starts with Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, which is actually a DS game. However, the second and third game are both 3DS games. Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma, respectively. I actually prefer the first game, but they're all worth a play.

If you like Kingdom Hearts, Dream Drop Distance is fun to play. It's actually the only Kingdom Hearts game I've ever played; I played simply because the characters from The World Ends With You are in it, but the game itself was a lot of fun. The Fantasia level and the ability to play with the Dream Eaters were particularly enjoyable. (Speaking of The World Ends With You, it's a DS game, but if you haven't played it, you really should. It's really an amazing game.)

Pokemon goes without saying. Whether it's X and Y, the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, or the new Sun and Moon... Well, Pokemon needs no introduction, really.

Legend of Zelda games are always good, too. Tri-Force Heroes is more like a puzzle game that you can play with two other people or solo. If you only have one friend to play it with, you're SOL, but if you have two you only need one cartridge and download play, so that's nice. I recommend Link Between Worlds, as it took my favourite Zelda game and remade it alongside a really neat twist of a play mechanic.

Classic platformers are always nice. I like Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. I also love Yoshi's New Island, though not as much as the GBA version. Also, Poochie + Yoshi's Woolly World comes out on February 3rd, and if the demo's anything to go by, it's going to be so much fun.

And as a bit of a guilty-pleasure on my part, I always recommend the Cooking Mama games. They're fun and silly and good for when you want to play a dumb game for no reason other than to have fun. Nintendogs, too, for that matter.

Last edited:
I love all the Legend of Zelda games for the 3ds (Ocarina of time and Majora's mask are incredible, and definitely worth checking out if you never played them on the N64. I also had a lot of fun with New Super Mario Bros 2. THere's also a ton of Virtual Console games that you can get on the Eshop like Shovel Knight and the old Marios and Zeldas. I also don't personally play Pokemon, but I've heard really good things about X and Y as well as Sun/Moon. Plus Yoshi's Wooly World is coming out soon!

Really like Kid Icarus Uprising. The controls take a bit of getting used to, but it is a great game. Also really enjoy Fantasy Life. The story is very long winded, but the creation and fighting is very satisfying.

Monster Hunter 4 and Generations.

I would say 3 as well, I liked 3, even the underwater stuff, but the total lack of online with the 3DS version makes it less somewhat enjoyable if I can't find 1-3 other people locally who want to play it.

Kid Icarus Uprising is pretty great and Monster Hunter Generations is extremely fun that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward most definitely. The prequel to that game is actually on the DS (called Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors) but it's incredibly unique and nothing like any other game I've seen. They also came out with the third and final game of the series called Zero Time Dilemma.

possibly professor layton and the azran legacy, used to play all those games at uni. i would spend hours trying to complete them, although they were my favourite, they also bring back a lot of memories.

Back