a skill you've always wanted to learn?

Something I realized today when playing Happy Home Designer; I'd actually love to learn to play shoji. I'm alright at chess but I simply don't find it fun, but I find other games of planning and strategy to be fun, so maybe I'd like shoji better? I dunno, looking at all these people wanting to learn to bake and sew, I think wanting to learn to play a board game is really minor. XD

Partially because a close friend and I study ancient Irish and Welsh kings and history, and partially because another close friend is Welsh and can trace his lineage pretty far back, and still speaks Welsh with his close family. I think it sounds beautiful.

I kind of don't understand this question, tbh. This is like asking why people learn Latin.

Late response is late.

Oh, I understand. I wouldn't compare it to learning Latin though, since Latin gives you a good head start to learning romance languages.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You realize Gaelic is the official language of Ireland, right?

And 100% of Ireland's population speaks English.

Speaking or signing a second language, sewing, coding/programming, robotics.

Also cooking, which I am FINALLY actually getting around to learning after so many years!

I'd love to play an instrument, probably piano or violin, but I never got the opportunity to do so in school. Learning another language would be pretty great too, but my problem is that I don't have the patience to go through with it, unless I was living in a country where that language is native. Kind of wish I knew how to sew too. Repairing things is easy enough, but I'd love to be able to craft costumes. I guess it's never too late to begin.

I always wanted to learn how to weave professionally and make beautiful, soft scarves and blankets. I also want to learn how to cook gourmet meals. :p

speaking other languages like french or something, playing a string instrument and piano, learning how to draw

I've always wanted to learn how to sew professionally. I took a sewing class at a very young age but it was only for a few months. I never got back into it, but I really want to now...when I'm not so lazy anymore that is.

Last edited:
I really wish I could learn to play guitar. I just don't have the time now though, or know someone who can teach me.

I know how to sew but it also makes me swear a lot at the sewing machine. I would like to do kyuudou.

im really happy, ive wanted to learn how to oil paint so im taking an oil painting class with a great professor.

i can play piano but ive always wanted to be like one of those genius expert piano players , but now im learning i can't be bothered and i see my lessons as more of an inconvenience which sucks.

Back