Do you believe Angela Merkel is doing a good job as Chancellor of Germany?

Is Merkel doing a good job?

• Total voters

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
All right, let's get back to serious threads here when it comes to world leaders.
As may of you know, Merkel has been Germany's chancellor since 2005, and much has obviously happened since. There's been the Great Recession, of course, but even more recently (beginning in 2015) has been the refugee crisis that has plagued Europe, and Merkel was heavily criticized for allowing so many refugees from Syria and other Middle Eastern nations to come into Germany. So, do you believe she is doing a good job or not?

so is "is x doing a good job as y of z" the new ****meme for tbt

Yep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why is "she's the worst" an option? Hitler was a thing you know.

I've met people who believe that she's the worst post-war chancellor, perhaps worse than Hitler. Do I agree with them? NO.

Last edited:
Someone needs to make a "Do you believe Theresa May is doing a good job as prime minister?" so I can create alt accounts to vote for the "Despicable May" option.

Someone needs to make a "Do you believe Theresa May is doing a good job as prime minister?" so I can create alt accounts to vote for the "Despicable May" option.

She, interestingly enough, has high approval ratings, though.

People being stupid and have nothing better to do then spamming the forum with "Do you believe ___ is doing a good job as ___?" At least this one is kind of serious.

I don't understand why my one about Lyndon B. Johnson had to be locked.

She's the go-to answer for the question: "Who's your favorite world leader?" Basically all the U.S. presidential candidates named her like she's the answer to a Jeopardy question. So she can't be that bad, right?

It's probably best to let a thread die before you create another one that's similar. Having a bunch of threads with similar topics is boring and clogs up the forums. So they probably left the most relevant one open and locked the rest.

It's probably best to let a thread die before you create another one that's similar. Having a bunch of threads with similar topics is boring and clogs up the forums. So they probably left the most relevant one open and locked the rest.

That's a good point. I'm not gonna lie, I created this thread to get TBT back on a serious track. Maybe that goal was accomplished, I don't know...

People being stupid and have nothing better to do then spamming the forum with "Do you believe ___ is doing a good job as ___?" At least this one is kind of serious.

It's not like the other threads are any better.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That might have been Raskell and I's fault. I think they closed it because they didn't want it to turn into a debate. I didn't get any infractions(surprisingly), but it looks like he might have been temporarily banned(that or he threw me on his ignore list.)

Yeah, I think it's clear that "TBT" and "serious", because of such users, almost can't be used in the same sentence.

Back