• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how do you get rid of bells quickly (without spending them)

AstralSkies

Bells
I made the horrible mistake of cheating my game and getting max bells, now everything is boring, I did this 3 years ago and I still have 995,000,000 bells. Is there a way to get rid of bells quickly, without spending them? I dont mind if it takes a couple of hours.
No, you can not have them

EDIT: I've tried to put them in the trash but the money bag is grayed out so..
Also, I did try to give them away a couple months ago, but a mod said it was against the rules to give out hacked items so oops

Last edited:
Throw them in the trash? You could put an ABD and a trash can in your house and do that...

Or just spam A in front of a piggy bank for a few days straight.

Last edited:
You can give them all to me lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry just fully read your post xD I couldn't resist myself
Probably trashing them is the best, but it feels wasteful. Maybe giveaways on the forum? That way people are getting their use out of them I guess.

P: you could mail them to your future self in a far off year like 2070?

You can only mail 99k at a time which would take forever. Giving them away would make a lot of people happy, but that's also much more time-consuming than just trashing them.

I like the mailing them to your future self idea. You can also mail bags to your villagers which could build friendship pretty quickly. Otherwise you can trash them.

I do think that if you're going to resort to trashing them you're better off doing some kind of contest with the forum goers. That way you have some entertainment from what people will do for bells and also those same people will put the bells to good use.

I've tried to put them in the trash but the money bag is grayed out so

Oh wow... I thought you could toss them...

You'll have to give them all away to people here or just reset if you're that depressed about having them.

You could also maybe order tons of royal crowns and TT. I don't know how fast you can burn through bells that way though.

Last edited:
Give them all to a secondary character and don't touch their bank account. Make them sell items at retail for 999,999 and just buy it. All the money will go into their account. You never have to touch the money again (you can delete the character even), and the mayor will be clean.

Last edited:
I believe you can send Bells in letters to villagers (I could be wrong, never tried it myself, I'll test it out). That could be a way of getting rid of it.

Can you buy the Crown or Throne from the catalog? You could potentially just do that a buttload of times. Or you could plant Bell Trees with many Bells at a time and then chop the trees down.

Another thought is to give them to a side character. Then delete said side character. Not sure if that'll work, but worth a shot?

Also, I did try to give them away a couple months ago, but a mod said it was against the rules to give out hacked items so oops

Just don't tell anyone that they're hacked (and pretend like this thread never happened...) and you should be fine. If you're just giving them away and not buying stuff, it won't cause much harm and I don't think anyone will care. It's impossible for anyone to tell your bells are hacked other than you saying so.

Can you buy the Crown or Throne from the catalog? You could potentially just do that a buttload of times. Or you could plant Bell Trees with many Bells at a time and then chop the trees down.

Another thought is to give them to a side character. Then delete said side character. Not sure if that'll work, but worth a shot?

Probably the best option. I've never heard of bells being given to someone else when you delete a side character so I think that'd work fine.

Just don't tell anyone that they're hacked (and pretend like this thread never happened...) and you should be fine. If you're just giving them away and not buying stuff, it won't cause much harm and I don't think anyone will care. It's impossible for anyone to tell your bells are hacked other than you saying so.

I agree with this and if you can't give it away on here then i know plenty of Tumblr ACNL blogs that would love to have the bells.

Last edited:
I agree with the side character thing, if you haven't made all four already. Just give them all to said side character and then delete them afterwards.

Give them all to a secondary character and don't touch their bank account. Make them sell items at retail for 999,999 and just buy it. All the money will go into their account. You never have to touch the money again (you can delete the character even), and the mayor will be clean.

this is pretty genius actually lol. you should definitely try it

Hmm, how did I do that again? At one point I got a bunch of bells I didn't want (somebody gave me a few million and it was really annoying to get rid of) and I did manage to get rid of them somehow... I can't really remember how, though.

This sounds like a good idea!
...wish I had this problem... XD

That's how I felt when I abused the duping glitch in City Folk. Honestly, I'd just reset the game if I were you

I guess the retail method with the second villager sounds good. People on Tumblr will want to have them, too... and I guess you could delete your town and start over if you're not too attached. Since you hacked the bells, you'll probably be able to hack a good part of your progress and villagers back too.. otherwise, good luck figuring it out! ;o;

Back