• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you watch Eurovision?

Do you watch Eurovision

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
I guess this question only really applies to people who are in Europe (including Australia). So, I've never really been able to find anybody who watches Eurovision. None of my friends watched it, even though it's become sort of a British tradition to get together and watch Eurovision in May. The UK's representative was picked today (and in my opinion she's good!) so, do you watch it? Who are your favourite past entries/winners?

Last edited:
Every year! I adore Eurovision, I'm a huge fan! :D

Did you add the question about the favourite past winners and entries or did I just not see it?
Anyway, here is my list:
Norway 2009 & 1995 (the 1995 song is the most gorgeous thing)
Iceland 2009 & 2012 (their 2012 song was a masterpiece, deserved way more than 20th)
Estonia 2009 (so unique <3)
Denmark 2013
Sweden 2012 & 2014
Russia 2006 & 2008 (same person, first song was better but the second one's lyrics really inspired me)
Azerbaijan 2009 (What can I say? 2009 had an amazing top 3! Haha)

In case you don't remember them and don't want to look them up these are the titles of those songs in order: 'Fairytale', 'Nocturne', 'Is it true?', 'Never Forget', 'R?ndajad', 'Only Teardrops', 'Euphoria', 'Undo', 'Never let you go', 'Believe', 'Always on my mind'.

My favourite ridiculous joke entries are 'Lasha Tumbai', 'Wolves of the Sea' and 'Eastern European Funk'.

Last edited:
I'm gonna miss being part of Eurovision. I assume as soon as Brexit happens we won't be in it anymore. Not to imply we ever had any chance of winning, though!

I'm gonna miss being part of Eurovision. I assume as soon as Brexit happens we won't be in it anymore. Not to imply we ever had any chance of winning, though!

Why would that be? It's not an EU competition? Norway, Iceland and Switzerland aren't in the EU and if Turkey, Azerbaijan, Israel and Australia can participate I don't see why the UK couldn't.

Why would that be? It's not an EU competition? Norway, Iceland and Switzerland aren't in the EU and if Turkey, Azerbaijan, Israel and Australia can participate I don't see why the UK couldn't.

Just looked it up. My fears are soothed!

I'm not a fan - If not for my girlfriend I might not watch it at all. My favorite in recent years have to be Rise Like A Phoenix with Conchita Wurst though (did I spell that right?).

I THINK WE SHOULD STILL IN THE EUROPEAN BROADCASTING UNION, WHICH IS WHY THE COUNTRIES LIKE ISRAEL, WHO AREN'T IN THE EU, ARE ABLE TO COMPETE. I WOULD DIE IF WE LOST THE RIGHT TO COMPETE AND BE IN EUROVISION.

Sweden are in the EU, if memory serves me right.

Last edited:
i watch it every year and every year uk is trash, it's oddly comforting

im like most ppl here i think: i rly dislike it but i still watch it. same w/ melodifestivalen, (the competition where the winner gets to represent sweden in eurovision...) people basically watch it just to complain about it ahahaah. i usually watch melodifestivalen and the eurovision but i never watch all the shows. i don't think anyone likes the songs in the eurovision. it isnt really about the music imo, it is more about the ~community and love~
tho last year eurovision was very well made, the show was great tbh!! (like, m?ns zelmerl?v and petra mede and all that stuff on the side.)

I THINK WE SHOULD STILL IN THE EUROPEAN BROADCASTING UNION, WHICH IS WHY THE COUNTRIES LIKE ISRAEL, WHO AREN'T IN THE EU, ARE ABLE TO COMPETE. I WOULD DIE IF WE LOST THE RIGHT TO COMPETE AND BE IN EUROVISION.

Sweden are in the EU, if memory serves me right.

the post was about switzerland.......... sweden is in the eu . switzerland isnt. also are u done editing ur post

Last edited:
im like most ppl here i think: i rly dislike it but i still watch it. same w/ melodifestivalen, (the competition where the winner gets to represent sweden in eurovision...) people basically watch it just to complain about it ahahaah. i usually watch melodifestivalen and the eurovision but i never watch all the shows. i don't think anyone likes the songs in the eurovision. it isnt really about the music imo, it is more about the ~community and love~
tho last year eurovision was very well made, the show was great tbh!! (like, m?ns zelmerl?v and petra mede and all that stuff on the side.)

the post was about switzerland.......... sweden is in the eu . switzerland isnt. also are u done editing ur post

yep. thought u wrote sweden. or did u edit it to say switzerland before i came back... whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i watch it every year and every year uk is trash, it's oddly comforting

r00d but true. i like our entry this year, though.

Aaaa yes, I love Eurovision! I'm from the Netherlands and despite the fact my country does a terrible job year after year I love the whole Eurovision vibe. Most of my friends and family do too, so we get together and watch the finals on our huge couch with a bunch of snacks. Gotta love it uwu

Aaaa yes, I love Eurovision! I'm from the Netherlands and despite the fact my country does a terrible job year after year I love the whole Eurovision vibe. Most of my friends and family do too, so we get together and watch the finals on our huge couch with a bunch of snacks. Gotta love it uwu

Yea! That's the dream lol. Just watching it, even if your country isn't doing well, brings people together and that's the importance of Eurovision.

Last edited:

Thanks for that, yep I was talking about Switzerland. :)

Yeah I've noticed that a lot of people 'love to hate' Eurovision and just watch it together with their family/friends for fun. There is nothing wrong with this but... I'm genuine Eurotrash xD. I just utterely adore everything about it. You say nobody really like the music, well... You know that list I made on the first page? Those are some of my favourite songs.

I understand that a lot of people don't like the generic style that most Eurovision songs are in but I still recommend at least trying 'Nocturne' (Norway 1995), 'Never Forget' (Iceland 2012) and R?ndajad (Estonia 2009). These three are so different and unique. Absolutely gorgeous. <3

I don't watch it, it's so awful phahaha, and the country who usually wins is whatever country is most liked at the time, not necessarily down to talent.

I don't watch it, it's so awful phahaha, and the country who usually wins is whatever country is most liked at the time, not necessarily down to talent.

Ukraine won last year, there wasn't any big event that made people like them last year though. ;) Same with the year before, so no. I notice that countries that generally don't like each other due to political disagreements won't vote for one another.

Last edited:
Back