• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's wrong with this room? (room finished! (I think haha))

I like the second picture, the one with the dark atmosphere:), just put some more stuff in it and it should be totally fine. I know a lot of people said that you should have made the fossil small, but I actually liked your first room, I just thought the couches were positioned badly.

Thank you! I did like the dark room as well but this one suits my mayor's house better. I think I'll be using that colour sceme for my second character's house though! ^^ I agree with 'just put some more stuff in it' lol. Nothing I add looks good though. :( Adding more chocolate classic furniture makes the room too dark and nothing else matches. -sighs-

The new colour scheme really does look pretty nice! If I were you I would add a couple more red furniture pieces here and there. Maybe try obtaining the simple armchair, the simple loveseat, or even something from the Alpine series (if cutomised with a red clothing pattern or qr, and the wood colour customised in dark brown to match the classic items).

Maybe even a Bromeliacee or a Hawthorn bonsai? I think they would suit this room perfectly.

Last edited:
The room looks GREAT now! Think you can get us an overhead picture like the darker room has in the spoiler?

The room looks GREAT now! Think you can get us an overhead picture like the darker room has in the spoiler?

All your furniture, walls and floor are gorgeous. It's just empty, especially the back side.

Thank you so much! I'm very glad you like it. :) Of course I can give a picture of the whole room. I'll get on it as soon as I get home.

The new colour scheme really does look pretty nice! If I were you I would add a couple more red furniture pieces here and there. Maybe try obtaining the simple armchair, the simple loveseat, or even something from the Alpine series (if cutomised with a red clothing pattern or qr, and the wood colour customised in dark brown to match the classic items).

Maybe even a Bromeliacee or a Hawthorn bonsai? I think they would suit this room perfectly.

Thank you very much, these are some great ideas! I'll try them out and see what I come up with. :)

The Bell Tree is such a wonderful community, I can't believe the response this has gotten. <3 It's amazing, every little tip helps and I'll do my best to design a great room. <3

You're prob tired of nitpicking by now but honestly I liked your original room better. This new one isn't bad but there's not much to it. The one with the fossils was more creative and was decorated better. But if you're happy with where the new one is going, carry on

I like your current one, but I do think the Regal sofa needs to be where the bookcase is and the bookcase where the regal sofa is. So if you move the regal sofa, then the table and lamp would have to be moved too. You could then move the lily record player in the bottom right corner so it isn't as crowded. The piano and stool looks gorgeous together and all the different pieces look so good together, despite them being from different sets, so I congratulate you on that :) Maybe a Bromeliaceae might look good since it's white and red?

I like your current one, but I do think the Regal sofa needs to be where the bookcase is and the bookcase where the regal sofa is. So if you move the regal sofa, then the table and lamp would have to be moved too. You could then move the lily record player in the bottom right corner so it isn't as crowded. The piano and stool looks gorgeous together and all the different pieces look so good together, despite them being from different sets, so I congratulate you on that :) Maybe a Bromeliaceae might look good since it's white and red?

WVW69kDj640HkRI4UZ

Thank you so much this was exactly the advice I needed! :D It looks so much better now!
Also thank you for your kind words. <3

Also my apologies if you posted in this thread and I seemingly ignored your ideas... Don't worry I did not! I tried every single one of them, I just only made an update photo every time I tried something that I felt improved the room. This doesn't so much have to do with if an idea was good or bad, more so with how well I executed them.

Last edited:
BUMP? ^^ Please guys, is this finished? What does it need, I feel like I'm extremely close to it being perfect.

Haha, I'm glad I could help :) I usually don't like sofas or beds near the window so that arrangement how you've got now is usually how I decorate my rooms.

I think you're pretty much done with the room. It looks great :D It's a shame you couldn't put something in the middle of the room to fill that empty space, but I can't think of anything :( Otherwise I like how spacious it looks at the moment, I have a habit of overcrowding my rooms :p

Thank you so much for your help everyone! I think I've done it! I've always liked the harpsicord item and I think it balances the room nicely. So unless one of you guys has a great idea to improve it even more I guess it's finished. :D

Wow! This room is BEAUTIFUL! So classy! It's nice and bright now- that one version with mostly brown was too dark, I think. Aah, if only we had HHD rugs (custom-sized rugs not tied to the flooring type)...

I think the red and brown accents went well together, if i'm looking at the most recent version, i think you should either minimize the fossils or get rid of them altogether. When I think fossils, I think of more nature themed rooms if you know what I mean? Like you're going for a more natural theme so I can see where you linked those two together, but in my honest opinion I don't think fossils go down well in living spaces 'cause they're earthy etc. Other then that, I think the furniture selection is lovely and I love what you did with the classic furniture. :)

Wow! This room is BEAUTIFUL! So classy! It's nice and bright now- that one version with mostly brown was too dark, I think. Aah, if only we had HHD rugs (custom-sized rugs not tied to the flooring type)...
Thank you so much! I was thinking the same thing! If this was HHD I'd definitely add a pretty rug but alas. :/ I'm so happy you like how the room looks though. <3

I think the red and brown accents went well together, if i'm looking at the most recent version, i think you should either minimize the fossils or get rid of them altogether. When I think fossils, I think of more nature themed rooms if you know what I mean? Like you're going for a more natural theme so I can see where you linked those two together, but in my honest opinion I don't think fossils go down well in living spaces 'cause they're earthy etc. Other then that, I think the furniture selection is lovely and I love what you did with the classic furniture. :)

I think you are looking at them in the wrong order I'm afraid. :) It's in reverse chronological order. But you were right about the fossil. ˆˆ That's why the first thing I did was make it a mini. :D

Last edited:
Back