• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How old were you when the game came out + fave memory

I was about to turn 6 in September 2002. I know for sure we didn't own this game on release though- I don't think I played it until 2004ish when was 7 or 8. My favorite memories of animal crossing GC involve me & my brother & mom all playing the game & decorating our own houses! My mom & bro loved gyroids for some reason and had a ton of them lol. The gyroids made funny noises, and they found that hilarious. I, of course, actually decorated my house properly and had only A FEW gyroids instead of overrunning my house with them :ROFLMAO:

I was 10 when it came out on Gamecube. I played it a lot with my friend; we both had our own games as well as accounts on each other's games. I loved that you could actually play the arcade games. We spent a good amount of time playing Balloon Fighter. The gyroids were interesting and we both kept them in the basement. I loved the events at the Plaza center and the aerobics/sports fair that took place there. Gulliver was one of my favorite encounters and I enjoyed the furniture you could get from him.

Around 20 I'd say. I loved sending weird letters with garbage to my brothers.

I was 8 when it came out and me and my brother had rented the game from Blockbuster (those were the days lol) soo many times that my parents finally just bought it for us. I remember specifically being so tormented by the fact that the game took up like 54 blocks or something on the GameCube memory card, and when you actually buy the game you get a memory card with it, but since we had rented the game we already had our town on our original memory card and we didn’t want to start over with the new one... I just remember as a kid it bothered me that we never used the AC-themed memory card lol

I wasn't born yet when ACGC came out.

I got ACGC as a gift sometime when I was a little kid. City Folk was out by that point, but I didn't know that.

I believe I was 6. My favorite memory was just doing all the tasks, games and everything else that the other games haven't brought back.

I was 6 when it came out on the GameCube. I didn’t play GameCube then though. I started playing the game it though when wild world came out on the Nintendo ds console. I’ve always have been a portable console person, don’t really like playing on a big screen. At that time I was around 11 I think. I remember getting scammed out of my money by Boondox. At least they game me nice feathers.

I was 11 when Wild World came out. I remember getting the game very well. I'd been nagging my dad for months for a DS Lite, and he got himself one from Gamestation (doesn't exist anymore, anyone else from the UK remember it though?) I was super jealous. Anyway, it was at Christmas and we were at my aunts, and I infamously can never sleep on Christmas Eve, so on the insomniac night, I snuck downstairs to the living room and started nosing at my present pile, and one was a small square box, so I opened it, and it was MySims for DS, I was confused, I didn't have a DS? I went back upstairs, but I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I snuck down again, and peeked at the larger box, and it was a pink DS Lite, I was so excited. So, the night consisted of me sneaking back down a couple more times, to check it was real and I wasn't dreaming, but I also had a nosey at another small box I had, and it was Wild World. Christmas morning, I should have gotten an oscar, as I'd already opened the DS box, and booted it up on my nightly sneaking, so I tried to make my reaction as genuine as possible, and I've not missed a game since, had Let's Go To The City, New Leaf, Happy Home Designer, Pocket Camp, and now New Horizons :D

I was 9 when the game came out, and I got it kinda quickly because I was subscribed to Nintendo Power at the time and they were hyping up its release for the Gamecube.

The original game came out in 2001, correct? If so, I was 6 but I didn’t get the game until I was 9. And that was only because a friend raved about it and let me borrow her copy, I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise since I wasn’t a subscriber of Nintendo’s or anything. I became a fan the old fashioned way: Word of mouth, lol.

I was seven months old when the original game released in the states. While I could've played it later, I decided to start with New Leaf in 2014.

the game was released in the US in April 2001 so I was a few months shy of turning 2 years old. I didn't actually play the game until January 2008. I think my absolute favorite memory of the game was simply getting to experience it for the first time when I was 8 years old. I still fondly remember how much fun I had with it and how confused I was, not to mention how I took everything my villagers said to heart, especially the cranky/snooty ones. I basically just ran wild playing the game. it was a great way to express my imagination, and I think for that reason it's still my favorite Animal Crossing game to date. it has a certain charm to it that hasn't been replicated since.

I was 2 when the original game came out in North America, but I didn't play it until later. I was 5 when Wild World came out and I started around that age. I think I played every other main game around the time each came out, and I did play the original probably around City Folk's time since I had a Wii.

I was 12 when the GameCube game came out, I read about it in Nintendo Power. My favorite thing was doing favors for the villagers and collecting all the items. We didn't have an extra memory card to save the data at first (we rented the game), so I don't actually remember what my very first town was like.

I was 2 years old when that game originally came out! So I never had it, in fact I never had the gamecube, my first AC game was Wild World and boy was I OBSESSED

I think I was 11 or 12. I remember hunching over my game cube with its attach on monitor, lol. Just playing it everywhere I went. I toted that system EVERYWHERE. I think my mom was relieved when wild world came out, lol.

I never had a Gamecube growing up so I've never played. I bought a used copy a couple years ago, but the disc wasn't readable sadly so I returned it. It was the only copy the store had. I was 5 when it released though.

I did get Wild World on DS when I was 10.

The Gamecube one came out in September 2002...and I would have been 13 turning 14 in October. I'm not sure if I actually got the game in 2002, or if it was 2003. It was probably 2003 by the time I actually got it. So...let's say I was 14. My top memory of that time would have been staying up way too late over summer vacation, basically just playing that thing nonstop. It was also the first time that I had my own bedroom, after sharing one with my brother. So...I had my own tv, a little couch, and I would just play Gamecube literally until the sun came up.

apparently the gamecube version released a few weeks after i was born (probably in japan)
but either way i was really young so i never played it

i really want to play it but i looked on ebay earlier and gamecubes are around £70 then animal crossing is £100
i'm NOT paying for that 😅

I was 3, so I didn't get it until I was about 8 or so. My fave memory is entering that code for 30,000 bells while eating snacks and trying to get the biggest house lol

Back