• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How old were you when the game came out + fave memory

I convinced my mother to rent it for me from Blockbuster after prodding her every time we walked in (it was 2004 and I was 7 years old). I went home, played it, and eventually figured out that you need a memory card to save.

I left the GameCube on for days so that I wouldn't lose my save LOL. We went to Best Buy, and she got me the actual game that came with the memory card. I've been playing on and off ever since. The game is so special to me.

I was born in 2001 so Animal Crossing and I are the same age! I got the game in 2009 when my aunt and uncle donated their old Gamecube to me. My mom sold the Gamecube and all the games for it a couple years ago when we were short on cash but I'm about to re-purchase it. My favorite memory was filling up a whole room with gyroids and making them all sing at the same time. I laughed for so long. My favorite villagers in my town were Peanut, Bob, and Kiki!

i was born in 2002 so its a bit older than me! wild to think about... i never had the game cube version, but i wouldve wanted genji for even longer if i had had the game cube lmao.

I can't recall exactly how old I was when I first got to play Animal Crossing on GameCube. I was probably around 6 or 7, if not a little older. I remember absolutely loving Kiki and the frog villagers!

I was nine when it came out. I remember being super excited about all the holidays and how fun it was running errands for and talking to all the little animals. I was a huge animal-lover. I still am. The series has always been my favourite since I've first played it, probably because of that.

I convinced my mother to rent it for me from Blockbuster after prodding her every time we walked in (it was 2004 and I was 7 years old). I went home, played it, and eventually figured out that you need a memory card to save.

I left the GameCube on for days so that I wouldn't lose my save LOL. We went to Best Buy, and she got me the actual game that came with the memory card. I've been playing on and off ever since. The game is so special to me.

Rofl. I loved every part of your story. That's adorably funny.

I was 9 when it came out, and was introduced to it by my aunt shortly after! I would play it at her house whenever she would babysit me, and I think in 2003 is when I got a copy of my own. Ive been playing off and on ever since, recently I went 3 or 4 years without playing, however today I made a new town and it feels so good to be playing again :)

Last edited:
I was 11/12! I just remember going to my next door neighbors house and playing with her. It was so special!

I was just four! I think my favorite memory is when my mom caught a red snapper which gave us just enough bells to pay off the final loan to Tom Nook. I was so excited that we'd finally done it, and then the cool statue was built of our character. As a young kid I remember feeling like we'd achieved something completely impossible!

I was in my early 20's when the original game came out. I didn't own it or a GameCube but my brother did. I had just moved out on my own but still visited home once a week to do laundry and hang out with my brother. He had an extra memory card, so he got me to create my own town and I would play it every Saturday night while I was visiting. My favorite memory is myself, my brother and my mom gathering around to listen to K.K. sing in front of the train station every week.

I was 2 years old when it first came out, I remember playing it on my grandma's GameCube for hours! I didn't really understand the game that well because everything was in English and I didn't know any English back then. I was just shaking trees and eating fruit the whole day I guess lol

It was fun

Don't have the game tho

Last edited:
somwhere in between not born yet an 2 years old (do not want to share my age)

- - - Post Merge - - -

When the original one came out (according to the release date of it

Last edited:
Lol, just dropping in to see how old everyone is.

I was 6. I never had a gamecube, but was obsessed with AC, and my friends let me play their games, and I played the online mini games all the time haha.

Last edited:
saw this at a local hollywood video and thought it looked nice so i rented it thinking it would be like sims

I could not have been anymore wrong and I fell in love with the game and ended up getting it for my birthday

- - - Post Merge - - -

Last edited:
If it was the American release date(2002) of AC then I was only 4. Haha can't really remember anything much about AC at that time which sucks. I do remember seeing my sister play it a little later though. I didn't start liking AC until a lot later but I remember watching people play it.

i was literally not born. i wasn't even in my mom's stomach.

erm, i do have a favorite memory though. one time, me and my sister were playing nl and we did that cool traintrack glitch everyone liked doing. suddenly, the train started coming and my sister started screaming and shut her ds in fear. we just finished getting a ton of sharks and beetles soo.. not fun time.

Last edited:
I was 9 when the game released in Europe in 2004 - my brother bought it, played it for a few months, and got bored of it. He was going to sell it, but I bought it from him with my pocket money so that I could continue playing it. Wild World came out less than 2 years after that though, and from that point on, I've owned every AC to come to Europe (as well as e+)!

I was 9. My cousins brought over their gamecube to give to us. You have to prop the power cord on it to keep it closed. I got animal crossing to play a bit after. In 2002 I was 7 so, 2 years after?

My best friend and her sister played and I remember being amazed towns are actually different?

I would play and my brother would watch me. My favorite memory or one of them is playing igloo in the winter and it being cold outside irl like on a snow day.

I was nearly 14 months young when the first Animal Forest/Crossing was released.

My favourite memory was most likely from 2015, where I literally binge-played New Leaf almost all day long starting from June (especially during its summer break bc I didn't rly have anything else to do while being severely fatigued due to mononucleosis) and eventually managed to complete the entire fish, bug and deep sea creature encyclopaedias about when the first half of 10th grade (aka my final high school year) was nearly over.

I'll pass on sharing my age, but I'd continuously play the beginning over and over since I didn't have a memory card.
Each time it was fun to see how far I'd get without it and the villagers I had. I was able to get one eventually thankfully.

I was 6. Sadly I never had a Gamecube as a kid and I didn't get my first game console until I was 10.

I did briefly own a used copy of the game a couple years ago, but sadly the disc was way too scratched to even be able to read the game properly. I ended up returning it to the used game store and have yet to come across another copy since.

Back