• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How old were you when the game came out + fave memory

opalskiies

kid cat best cat
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Rose
White Lily
Pear (Fruit)
Yellow Violet
Tasty Cake
Silver Mailbox
Pavé
Pumpkin Cupcake
Cake
I was on 2! And I actually got it then lol. My parents got it for me to help with my reading because they were so strict on educational things. I remember TTing to New Years over and over again because your mom sent you 10,000 bells. I still own the game today, but not my original town!

I never got the opportunity to play it. My 1st AC game was Wild World, leading into City Folk, leading into New Leaf. Planning on going out and getting a copy of it tonight. The only one out of the series (besides the Japanese ones) that I haven't played yet. I actually missed out on the entire Gamecube and still never got a console to this day.

I never got the opportunity to play it. My 1st AC game was Wild World, leading into City Folk, leading into New Leaf. Planning on going out and getting a copy of it tonight. The only one out of the series (besides the Japanese ones) that I haven't played yet. I actually missed out on the entire Gamecube and still never got a console to this day.

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard. I LIVED on my GameCube as a child. :^(

I got it in 2004. I remember in 2nd grade there were kids at school talking about it and I overheard them so the name was familiar to me but I had no idea what the game was actually about. One day I ended up going to GameStop and seeing the box for it and after reading through it I knew that it'd be a game that would interest me a lot! My mom bought it for me and I was into it right from the start~

I think some of my best memories were just decorating my house and talking to my neighbors. I loved Cookie and was so happy when she moved into my town. I also remember always visiting Bea's house and talking to her until she got mad at me :') I actually managed to get both of them in my New Leaf town which is cool.

I can't remember if it came out in 2001 or 2002. If it was 2001, then I would have just been born. If it was 2002, I would have been 1. Dang it, I should have called my town Onett! (Even though I'm not an Earthbound fan)

Last edited:
I think I was 4 when it came out? & omg literally i used to do the same thing , TT'ing to new years for the money & then my town would be taken over by weeds lolol

I was almost 4 when it came out but we never owned a gamecube, so my first AC game was wild world, my brother and I used to play it togther and visit each other's towns, we both still have the game, mine isn't my origional town, not sure about my brother's, it probably isn't

It came out when I was 4 I think. The only memory that stands out still is when I got the gyroid face.

I was literally scared and back then it didn't click that it was a gyroids face so I just assumed I'd be stuck as "cookie" and reset my game.

When it came out here in Australia, I was 5. I never played it until I was about 12-13, though. My first AC game was in 2008, when I was 9. It was City Folk. Then I bought Wild World and played that everlastingly. Never stopping for a break (that's a bit of a hyperbole).
I remember seeing City Folk at Blockbuster for rental. I rented that game so many times and finally got it for Christmas around 2010 (still got my copy; mint quality). I have all the AC English games now (except amiibo Festival).
But my best memory with ACGC? Probably coming home from school and just playing it nonstop. Like, I would always play until dinnertime. The 5PM and 6PM themes are the most nostalgic for me.

I believe I was 5 or 6 maybe? I know that I could read and understand most of the dialogue so I don't think I could have been any younger than that.
My favorite memory would have to be when a villager asked me what I was hiding under my hat. :D It blew my mind and I was convinced they knew what was inside it. I was so upset when they never told me if there was something special under there lol

Last edited:
The NA release was 10 days before my 13th birthday actually. I loved creating villager storylines in my diary in the house as well as playing the retro games you could earn as items

I was probably either 12 or 13 when it was released.

My best memory was when Kabuki moved in next to Tybalt. I always liked to see them hit it off so well. They were super pals and I like to catch their conversations.

i was 10 when i first played wild world. i remember seeing the ad for it on TV and wanting it SO BAD but didn't own a nintendo ds ;C ... so my friend bought it and let me play it on hers (her parents were super strict and she wasn't allowed to play vidya games during school year) i finally got my own ds and copy of acww that christmas i think... after yeaaaaaaaaars of begging wah / next was city folk (let's go to the city) i must've watched the launch video a million times on the wii channel thingy that showed upcoming games (i was really excited for the dsi too but never got one) i saved for months to get it and finally did on my 13th bday (again probably a couple of months after it was released) theeeen in 2015 i bought a 2ds and new leaf with my first paycheck 6.6

I was around 10-12 when Wild World came out. Before then, I never played an AC game...too bad I lost it in a vent at one of our old apartments, I looked for it for months until we eventually moved out. Don't remember much of the town I had either.

I remember we were in a game store, looking for cheap games to play (of course our mom ended up selling it all a month afterwards due to us being really poor). That's when I saw the game, and I begged my mom to get it for me. She said she'd buy it, as long as she got to play it too.

Last edited:
I was either 8 or 7. (I'm not very good at doing the math) I knew very little about Nintendo and was not allowed to have video games even though my older brother had the NES, Gameboy, and Gamegear. (I think this is because my mom didn't want to have to buy more games?) Because of all this, I had never heard of Animal Crossing or the Gamecube at the time it came out.
To this day, I do not have the first Animal Crossing, but I do have a Wii I could play it on if I were to ever get the game in the future.

Last edited:
I LIVED on my GameCube as a child. :^(

So when the game first came out? I wasn't born! Tho with ac my brothers ( even my lil acmaniac ) were like Oh,ac? that game is DUMB bc none of played us played it. I was the only one to have faith in it ;) then on that faithful day.. of birth...day.. I got it!
With acnl i bearly knew what to do but i love it anyway

I was 7 when it came out! My mom got it for my older brother but who knew, I was the one to play it most and fall in love with it. I have sooo many memories. I'd play it with my best friend all the time (who is still my best friend to this date, and I'm 21)

I also remember when I was 10 or 11 I had to get oral surgery and missed a few days of school cause of it. I played ACGC all day long and it brought me so much comfort.

Last edited:
Back