• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Nintendo Switch Have You Preordered

Which Colour Switch Have You Preordered

• Total voters
I haven't preordered the Switch. It isn't really even worth it until Holiday 2017.

I didn't preorder the Switch. I'm undecided because I don't like the idea of paid online. Not to mention, not much games are available at launch. I may get one in the future though. The Neon one looks cool.

I preordered the grey version. I didn't like the neon colors, and they just odd with the grey console.

I can't preorder. I don't have enough money... But that's alright. Because I'm not gonna play the switch until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out.

Haven't preordered yet, since I don't have enough at the moment, but I'll be ordering it when I have enough on Feb 1.
As much as I love the neon colours, it really annoys me that the system doesn't match. Plus, the fact that its two different colours and not just blue or red annoys me, and it kinda devalues it and makes it look like a "kids console" like the Wii

Didn't preorder but I'd probably get the gray joycons. Later I plan on getting a set of blue ones (the red ones look terrible). After that, I may try to find some custom design cover or something for the gray set, I've already seen some great designs.

I dislike both options so far, so I'll probably just wait until it's released or has better colour options

I didn't really have an option to choose the colour lmao. But that's fine with me, the neon joy cons look too weird with the grey system.

Not buying it until the system's had time to mature a little. May aim for Christmas 2017 unless there's some dramatic shortage like with the NES Classic Edition.

Between the two current choices, I'd have to go with the grey model. Neon blue and red Joy-Cons just look daft.

The Switch costs around $440-520 here in SEA (rough estimate) and every unit is bundled with Breath of the Wild and 1, 2 Switch (yes, they're shoving it down our throats). We aren't allowed to buy a standalone unit or just with BOTW. Good luck to my wallet.

Last edited:
I cancelled my preorder for the Switch, mostly because these newer consoles usually have a lot of bugs that need to be worked out and having it at launch isn't a big deal.

I am keeping my preorder for Breath of the Wild just because I have the Special Edition coming.

o wow i was one of the lucky bit to get it preordered!
I got the grey one since the neon ones were sold out :<

I didn't pre-order, since I'm not a huge zelda person (I've just never played...it looks good tho) and everything else looks meh. (Arms = awful, 12Switch=Ok, Snipperclippers = sweet)

Especially right before Persona 5 comes out in April...I can wait on the switch until they impress me.

Also the price point is obscene. Absolutely obscene. At $199 I would have insta-bought for the novelty. $250 I may have considered it. But $300? No. Freakin'. Way.

Edit: Lemme actually answer the question. I would've probably gone for the Neon Switch Set

Last edited:
I went ahead and preordered. Not sure what joycons to get because... I'm indecisive. They said the neon ones are going to be limited thought part of me is still kinda leaning towards grey. I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

I ordered the Gray version at Toys R Us. They were the only place that had preorders left that long after launch, apparently no one thought to look there.

I'm not ordering a Nintendo Switch until an Animal Crossing game launches.

I'm not ordering a Nintendo Switch until an Animal Crossing game launches.

Same! there's only 3 games that I play on Nintendo consoles which are Pokemon, Zelda and most importantly Animal Crossing. Not going to buy it until I'm sure AC will come out on Switch + not a bad idea to wait couple of months, who knows maybe the price will go down like the Wii U.

Same! there's only 3 games that I play on Nintendo consoles which are Pokemon, Zelda and most importantly Animal Crossing. Not going to buy it until I'm sure AC will come out on Switch + not a bad idea to wait couple of months, who knows maybe the price will go down like the Wii U.

Yup! Also really looking forward to the next Monster Hunter. I can imagine how the playing experience might be on the Switch and I'm really excited about it! My two main games that I play on my 3DS is Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter, so I'm not dishing out the big bucks for a Switch until I know that they're going to have the games I love to play.

Back