Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Curious to know which Nintendo Switch people have preordered
The grey console...or the Neon console...

I have preordered the Neon one as it stands out much nicer than the Grey one.

(apologies if this thread already exists, many switch threads but no polls)

Last edited:
i think i might get one somewhere around may, hopefully they have better colors

Last edited:
None. If I had, I would've gone with gray. I don't really care for the neon Joycons. And it's only the Joycons that are different, not the console itself.

I've Preordered the Grey one. I honestly had no opinion on which one I wanted, It's just that Grey was the only one available XD

Ill admit, it would have been great to see some better dock designs rather than just plain grey.
I only preordered the Neon one because it has variation

I haven't preordered it and I probably won't pick one up until maybe a year down the line. I'm really disappointed in the colour options too, or lack thereof. I thought they would at least have a limited edition Zelda bundle with gold decor like they usually do but I guess not this time? Both options right now are bland, but if I had to choose, it'd be the regular grey.

I got the grey. but didn't have much of a choice since that was the only one available.

didn't preorder but I'm getting the grey one when more games are available

I have 0 interest in preordering or even buying a Switch. The only time I will buy one is when (and if!) there is an Animal Crossing game for it that looks good.

Nintendo Switch preorders on website are difficult to secure, especially since they reached their unit allocation limit pretty quickly. They all went up shortly after the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 ended, only to run out of stock minutes after the preorders were available.

Being on a trip during the week Nintendo Switch Presentation broadcasted could've completely hindered the odds of claiming the hardware close to the launch day. Thankfully, my dumb luck secured myself a Gray Nintendo Switch unit on the Canadian Best Buy website. Although I would've preferred the swankier Neon Blue and Red model, I could just purchase the appropriate Joy-Cons later during Switch's lifespan.

Now to get Breath of the Wild, maybe alongside with other retail titles from my local stores around the time the console launches.

Preorder doesn't exist from where I live haha but I'll probably get Switch eventually and if I were to choose, I'd pick the grey one. I feel like the neon joycons don't match the color of the console and the dock. Ah well, things might change once it gets released. But if I plan to buy all joycons, I think it'll be cheaper if I get the grey bundle then buy a pair of blue and red joycons separately, instead of getting the neon bundle then buy a pair of grey joycons and one piece each of blue and red.

I pre-ordered the Grey because the neon looked god awful on first impression. But to be honest, the neon has grown on me a lot since and I'm low-key regretting my choice a bit now...

but at the end of the day, it's only controllers, not the system itself. I plan on picking up a second set of Joy-cons down the line anyway, so those will just be neon ones then!

I pre-order games, but I never go for initial-release consoles. I wait for hype to die down, games to come out, and most importantly, kinks to get worked out.

I remember seeing an orange Switch, but was disappointed to see that it turned out that it was just a fan-made image made as reference to the orange GameCube. If that actually existed, it would probably be the one I'd get.

Since that was fake, if I do end up getting a Switch, I'll most likely just stick to the default grey. Neither the red nor the blue look all that great to me. I'm definitely not going to pre-order the console though because there's nothing coming out for it immediately that would justify the purchase. Especially not after getting burned by the Wii U and considering the decisions regarding the Switch's online play and voice chat.

Back