• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Buying villager pictures?

Holly...

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0581-4952-7801
Pear (Fruit)
Leif
I don't really get why people buy villager pictures, is it for collector reasons, or because a villager moved away before you managed to get their picture or what?

Please share! I am interested in your reasons. Also -what do you do with all your pictures? I have 4 on display and that's fine, but I imagine if I had 10 or more, they'd just get left in a cupboard.

They probably do that for the sake of collecting until they have 333 plus the WA, Sanrio, Special villager pictures similar to how you want every item to be in the catalog (Not sure if the pics will appear there. I haven't paid attention). I mean, it's easy to get their pictures once you attain a very high friendship level with the villagers so you're bound to get extras. If anything, it's harder not to get a picture as reward for doing their tasks. Some people make an exclusive room to display them or maybe as part of an achievement thing.

I don't collect them myself though xD

I bought or traded for a few because they were favorite villagers in my past towns (CF, WW and GC). I know people who definitely wanted a complete set though! I wouldn't even know what to do with that many.

I only care about the villager pictures I get from the ones in my town, but I can see why people would collect them, especially special character pictures. I display my villager pictures in my museum.

It depends how you like to play. My brother is a collector, so he collects villager pictures just for the sake of completing the collection. I don't choose to play that way personally, since I don't want to collect anything unless I feel like it's rare and i'll never see it again or I need it to complete my house or another villagers house. I do purchase villager pictures myself though from time to time, when I do purchase them, it's usually villagers that aren't in town currently but I wish I had in town but can't because there's villagers that I don't want to let go of to let them in. So I buy their pictures instead. I've never bought pictures of villagers that are already town though as I like to earn their pictures.

I'm a collector. If I like a certain rare item or villager pic, I must have it no matter what. Collecting the pics of the new villagers is especially satisfying. So far I have all the Sanrio villagers', Epona's, W. Link's, Medli's, Ganon's, Cece's, Viche's, June's, Ketchup's, Maddie's, Vivian's, Ellie's, Claude's, and Hopkins's.

Back