What's your house theme?

Recently I decided to make one of my character's after the Beales of Grey Gardens (anyone seen this?), so it's very dilapidated and full of garbage, but with some fancy furniture to show their wealthy past. I wish I had decided this before naming her, because her name should be Edie, not Baby! I like using the ugly wallpaper and floors for this house, and the sloppy stuff.

My other character is an artist so her room is themed after that. I also have another character whom I plan on making a witch's basement for. Maybe another one with a scorpio/egyptian magic connection.

I also want to make rooms based on books and movies I like. I don't know what yet.

Oh, I also want to make a room for Bjork.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My theme is "I need more storage space"

I need to organise but I love too many things I cant decide what to put away ;3;

lol that's my overarching theme too.

So many great ideas!! In past towns I've made my houses like a regular house with a kitchen, living room, bedroom, ect. But this time around I decided I wanted to collect series. To make it interesting I customize everything at Retail so it's not just the standard set. I feel kind of bad for whoever gets my house on street pass because they can't buy anything in it! Haha :p

Last edited:
my town is medieval themed so my house themes are, a farm, a tavern, a church, and a castle!

I love that theme. I have to visit your dreamtown! I think you mentioned your town before... ok that's it, I'm doing it right now lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Recently I decided to make one of my character's after the Beales of Grey Gardens (anyone seen this?-

OMG that is a really cool idea. I loved that movie/their story!

My town is a mixture of themes. One house has an Indiana Jones/Uncharted theme. One is Halloween themed (with the witch room being my most favorite and probably most unique room in that house.) One house is a Westworld themed house - my pride and joy, lol. I inherited my town from my boyfriend who lost interest in his town, so ironically the mayor's house is probably the least interesting house right now. I still can't figure out what to do with that one.

Last edited:
I've been really slow at putting my rooms together because I want them to be innovative, but one of my houses is a beach house, and the other one is a mismatch of whatever room themes I want to create, currently working on a spa, a zen garden and a sweets cafe. The spa is pretty much done, and the cafe just needs a bit of rearranging.

My town is a mixture of themes. One house has an Indiana Jones/Uncharted theme. One is Halloween themed (with the witch room being my most favorite and probably most unique room in that house.) One house is a Westworld themed house - my pride and joy, lol. I inherited my town from my boyfriend who lost interest in his town, so ironically the mayor's house is probably the least interesting house right now. I still can't figure out what to do with that one.

Ahhh I think I saw a pic of it once and thought it was amazing. I recently finished watching the whole season of Westworld. I am going to visit your house DA soon ^_^

Last edited:
My house has a garden for a main room, a caf? for a left room, a study for a back room, a nautical themed basement hangout and an upstairs apartement. My right room depicts a scene from Les Mis?rables.

My main town has a Lord of the Rings theme, but that's mostly evident in the three side characters' houses. My mayor, who represents me, is named after a sorceress character in an old LotR computer game. Her house has a main/living room with a reading corner, modern kitchen that has my favorite foods, formal sitting room, fancy bathroom, bedroom with a mini art studio, and a library that resembles a Special Collections department where I used to work (I'm an artist and librarian IRL). The library has a special tribute to J.R.R. Tolkien.

The other homes, like I mentioned, are actually LOTR-themed, and don't feature any modern appliances or electricity.

Wow guys. Post your dream addresses, and I'll visit your towns. Exploring peoples room decor is my favorite thing to do in New Leaf.:)

I'm working on my Anne of Green Gables house. Wallpaper was popular back then, and hard wood floors with rugs , so every room has gawdy walls, and furniture that I think they would use back in the early 1900's. I'm really liking it so far.

My Heidi's ( from the chilrens book) cabin is finished. It also turned out kind of cute.

Mary's secret garden house is next. This one is a huge challenge for me. I really don't know where or how to start.

Oh, I love your towns, as you know! :) Looking forward to seeing this one! I'm thinking Mary's house could have Colin's bedroom in the attic, with the lights out to represent him wasting away in the dark and not letting the "spores" in by opening the windows. It's been so long since I read the book, I don't have specific suggestions for the decor.

One of the rooms could have the ivy wall and maybe the mossy carpet or jungle floor? That would be the outside of the overgrown garden when Mary finds it, like you/the visitor is still on the outside of the garden, about to find the way in. The sparrow's nest on the wall could represent the robin that showed Mary the way. Maybe the swinging bench for Colin's mom? (Since there is no regular swing in the game, IIRC) Also maybe the stepladder from when the gardener looks over the wall, a shovel, and the wheelbarrow item (I forget what it's called in-game). Some barrel planters or other greenery around would make it look more garden-y and overgrown, too.

Last edited:
Thanks Athelwyn. I love your ideas. Let me know if you think of anymore.:)

I haven't seen you post in a while, and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to visit your towns anymore.
( Since the update erased them). I'm happy to see you plan on updating them soon. They are some of my most favorite dream towns.

Thanks Athelwyn. I love your ideas. Let me know if you think of anymore.:)

I haven't seen you post in a while, and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to visit your towns anymore.
( Since the update erased them). I'm happy to see you plan on updating them soon. They are some of my most favorite dream towns.

Thank you so much! :D I need to get around to recording a quick capture tour of each town in case any of them get messed up during their updates. That's whats been holding me back, really. Knowing someone misses them is a great incentive to just get it done.

I will be sure to let you know if I have any more ideas for Mary's house. :)

i ended up making a witches' home for my mayor, based loosely off some ghibli movies and other rooms I saw on tumblr. The main room is like a living room filled with plants, it's very rustic. The basement is like her workshop where she keeps all of her witchy stuff: it has a magic ball where she can tell the future of the residents, an oven, a medicine cabinet, etc. That is by far my favourite room, mainly bc I came up with it on my own (which is hard bc I'm not very creative) and it looks pretty cool. The attic is her bedroom and it has like an ethereal-white-girly theme. In the back room I wanted to do a bathroom but sadly I had expanded it to the biggest size and I couldn't make it work, so rn it's like a bath house with lots of plants where she would do rituals and cleansings and stuff, but I'm still working on finding something better.

The first side character is supposed to be like a modern independent girl who works with computers and stuff, so the main room is very modern and compact (it has a kitchen, some sofas, and workspace), the attic is a super tiny bedroom with a futon mattress and the basement on?y has computer servers. I had a hard time coming up with a more interesting theme for her lol

The last side character is like a fairy or an elf and her home only has one room, which is filled with weird stuff like seashells, mushroom lamps and hydreangea beds, all covered in blue light.

Lots... and lots... of pink and pastel. xD I'm currently doing my right-side room in the pink / white rococo set~~

cashmeoussidehowbowdah.jpg

Funnily enough, my downstairs and upstairs aren't cutesy at all, but its hard for me to find a coherent style for my ENTIRE home. I just like a bunch of different sets @_@ For example, my left-side room is all modern wood and the basement is all cabin! Currently working on a WIP kitchen but I need the rest of the ranch set for that >:3

Lots... and lots... of pink and pastel. xD I'm currently doing my right-side room in the pink / white rococo set~~

View attachment 193300

Funnily enough, my downstairs and upstairs aren't cutesy at all, but its hard for me to find a coherent style for my ENTIRE home. I just like a bunch of different sets @_@ For example, my left-side room is all modern wood and the basement is all cabin! Currently working on a WIP kitchen but I need the rest of the ranch set for that >:3

I am the same way! THere's so many sets that I like and it's hard to figure out a balance without having to just make a bunch of different characters which I generally don't do!

I used to be into all the elegant/regal looking items but these days I'm into rustic/nature/lots of plants lol.

My second town's mayor's house is going to be a simple 3-story house. (Main/Second Floor is Kitchen, Downstairs is Living Room, Upstairs is Bedroom)

Though I haven't unlocked the ability to refurbish the some of the furniture to be black to match, I set up the kitchen for a reference shot. I used a lot of the new silvery kitchen appliances since they work perfectly with the color scheme.

HNI_0024.JPG

I have themed rooms based on what my interests are. I have a Mermaid room, a mush basement, an artist attic, and a circus/fortune teller room. My main area is the gorgeous set accented with antique, bookish things, such as a ship, the globe you get from Katie, etc. It's my reading and existing room.

My side character, Hazel, however, has a celestial house. In the morning, she'll have a second floor that I'll be completing with the Kiki & Lala furniture. Her main room has the galaxy and Lunar wall and floor along with some space stuff and blue astro furniture. It matches my town's theme.

Last edited:
All pastel! My Mayor is a very Femme boy who loves all things pastel/rainbow, and that's really my whole town's theme. I'm planning out his house and it's going to have a lot of the Sanrio stuff, princess set, mermaid set, everything in pinks and blues for the most part. The only room that wont be all pastel will be his toy room which will be bright and rainbow colored!

I started playing 3 years ago but didn't care much about the interior design part of the game at all, so I recently got back into it and I'm trying to make up for it now :') My main room is kinda pink and pastel-y, my basement is this creepy scientist basement lol. My upstairs room is the bedroom, supposed to give this galaxy vibe with the lunar horizon and the aurora screens. Then I have a whole room full of the sweets furniture because it's just too cute and I'm trying to build a bathroom of some sorts now. >w>

My second town's mayor's house is going to be a simple 3-story house. (Main/Second Floor is Kitchen, Downstairs is Living Room, Upstairs is Bedroom)

Though I haven't unlocked the ability to refurbish the some of the furniture to be black to match, I set up the kitchen for a reference shot. I used a lot of the new silvery kitchen appliances since they work perfectly with the color scheme.

View attachment 193326
Ohh that's gunna look super sleek!! I've actually wanted to make a dark purple room with the refurbished Sleek series, but I've not wanted to replace my upstairs Alpine room or my Cabin room (T⌓T)

My current house (the one of the town I finished) is supposed to look like a child's home cluttered with toys... sort of messy and colorful. In the living room there's a computer/study corner with books and magazines, a gaming corner with a sofa, and a table with a couple food items on it.

The bedroom is basically the same only with a bunk bed and an "art" section :D

You know I love your style Lulu! In my first town my house was very colorful and I went for child memories theme as well. I this current town, Biscotti, I simply chose a warm and rustic style, like a vacation home would be. My kitchen is kinda messy and cozy, I like clutter alot because to me it feels like the home has more "life", so I tend to put many plants, a few flowers, food everywhere. A few pieces of sloppy set too. I like to mix many different styles (but not too different from each other ) to create a more personal room.
Bathroom also is ful of plants, and shirts on the walls. My bedroom has a pizza on the floor, toys, and books here and there. So yea I tend to not have a specific style but to just mix little things to make the house feel warm and cozy. I abandoned the idea of pastel colors everywhere and tend to use more natural wood colors and greens, red, yellow.
I also like to put shells on tables etc.

My main town has a Lord of the Rings theme, but that's mostly evident in the three side characters' houses. My mayor, who represents me, is named after a sorceress character in an old LotR computer game. Her house has a main/living room with a reading corner, modern kitchen that has my favorite foods, formal sitting room, fancy bathroom, bedroom with a mini art studio, and a library that resembles a Special Collections department where I used to work (I'm an artist and librarian IRL). The library has a special tribute to J.R.R. Tolkien.

The other homes, like I mentioned, are actually LOTR-themed, and don't feature any modern appliances or electricity.

Wow that sounds really cool! I will definitely check out your dream town!

Back