• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your house theme?

StarrySkye3

Bells
My Melody Easter Egg
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Peach (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Sakura Easter Egg
I'm just curious to hear what you are all going for. I have a hard time choosing which series to display, so I made up a story that my mayor is a fairy princess of the four seasons. Right now my rooms are ice series(winter), mush series(fall), rococo series(princess lol), a "spring room" where I have all the green series, flowers, plants and the meadow vista wallpaper and grass flooring. I am working on the mermaid series right now which I'm just gonna call the summer room.. I'm going with fairytale/woodland in my town as well. It may be kind of a mess but I love it! XD

my house is just really homey and simple. i just add whatever i think is cute!

however i have a side character whos house is a lodge/cabin. each room is really small and just has a bed and dresser and stuff. the first room is like an admissions room to book a room. pretty proud of how its coming along!

my house is just really homey and simple. i just add whatever i think is cute!

however i have a side character whos house is a lodge/cabin. each room is really small and just has a bed and dresser and stuff. the first room is like an admissions room to book a room. pretty proud of how its coming along!

Aww that sounds so cool! I might have to make another house soon and figure out a way to balance what I'm going for. I also love the alpine and cabin series too.

My town is vintage themed with the name of Retro. The mayor's house is supposed to be 1980's inspired. Other character houses are 1960's, 1970's, and 1990's. I give my animals old slang for their catchphrases and greetings too.

My house and town are super pink and girly! I have a cafe in my main room, the back room is the Rocco series in pink, the right room has the mermaid series, upstairs is the kitchen and the rest are storage for now ^-^

I never intended on making my town like this, it just ended up like that! My villagers don't really match the 'pink' theme but eh, maybe in another town -I love my current villagers too much!

I use the gorgeous furniture set in one room, and I've made up a library in another. The rest of the rooms are just empty lol.

My current house (the one of the town I finished) is supposed to look like a child's home cluttered with toys... sort of messy and colorful. In the living room there's a computer/study corner with books and magazines, a gaming corner with a sofa, and a table with a couple food items on it.

The bedroom is basically the same only with a bunk bed and an "art" section :D

Last edited:
I suppose you could call maxing feng shui a theme?
Whatever, its pretty boring, as its just any item that matches x2 the colour lined along the walls. I haven't found it helps me very much either, so I don't know why I keep on with it - inertia, have always done since acww days!

Hard to tell if it does make a difference, as all my houses/towns are set up this way, ie I don't have a control town.
I have tried to find different items or customise them to the colours, to try & make the houses different.
Being able to put clothes on the wall helps a lot.
Some of my museum rooms are better, have event series furniture.
Using the arranging feature that was added from HHD is great, next best thing after the extra storage.

Wow guys. Post your dream addresses, and I'll visit your towns. Exploring peoples room decor is my favorite thing to do in New Leaf.:)

I'm working on my Anne of Green Gables house. Wallpaper was popular back then, and hard wood floors with rugs , so every room has gawdy walls, and furniture that I think they would use back in the early 1900's. I'm really liking it so far.

My Heidi's ( from the chilrens book) cabin is finished. It also turned out kind of cute.

Mary's secret garden house is next. This one is a huge challenge for me. I really don't know where or how to start.

Right now I'm trying to make my house jungle/ green themed with lots of plants and tropical fruits. I'm really satisfied with my main room which has a very warm and tropical feel to it and also with my bedroom, which is flower themed and very clean, but I'm still working on the other rooms . The other rooms are going to be a bathroom, a kitchen and I was going to make a library, but I'm not very satisfied with it so I'll probably change it to another thing, but they are all going to retain the jungle/plant theme.

my mayors house in aiming to be a very warm, homely feel, to come back to after a hard day of being a mayor.
To settle down with a good book by the fire.

the basement is more a place where you can come and be healed with lots of plant remedies, potions and a cauldron.

So many great ideas!! I know my fairytale woods thing I have going is not original at all, but I visited so many dream towns that I loved so I wanted to recreate it for myself. In my next town I will probably do something a little more original! I love the rainforest and retro town ideas. Very cool! I had a bunch of superhero villagers (stinky, agent s, and a few more I can't think of their names) and I was thinking they'd be perfect for someone who wanted to do a Marvel theme town, and my mind kind of thought of the different PWP's and such that would go well with that. I'd never want to do it but thought it would be a cool idea for someone to try!

I like everyone's ideas, so creative!

My mayor's house has an old and aged look to it. My second character's house is nature-themed with rooms that look like they're out in nature. My favorite's the bedroom with the lunar horizon, rice-plant bed, wheat fields and Moon. I'll be making the house sci-fi and space-themed in the future, though. It'll be a kind of research center studying extra-terrestrial life and paranormal things. My third character will have a more artistic house with each room portraying a different emotion.

I only just reset my second town a while back but I have plans for a medieval mansion and church as well as mythology and Twin Peaks themed houses.

Last edited:
In Sapphire, I made my mayor's house a nice modern home, and I made my side character's home an ice palace, which is still vastly incomplete.

In Ruby, my mayor's house is a small cozy little home, and my side character's home will be a traditional Japanese inn... whenever I get to it, that is.

Last edited:
My house is designed as a regular house. The closest thing to themed rooms in my house is having the regal set in my bedroom and the minimal set in the living room.

My theme is "I need more storage space"

I need to organise but I love too many things I cant decide what to put away ;3;

My mayors house for Eventide has each room loosely based off of a sunset/stars/night sky, as well as being based on functional rooms in a house. Most are still unfinished though...

Main room (living room): Kiki and Lala items mostly. I will also have pink and yellow marshmallow chairs surrounding the two tables in the middle, plus a few extra furniture pieces to make the room more lively.

Upstairs room (bedroom): Lunar horizon wall and cloud floor to give the room a starry sky look, lots of regal blue furniture, some toys (more will be added) and there will eventually be a reading corner too. I'll probably use some princess furniture when it's finished.

Left room (kitchen): Harvest wall and floor, A massive cake in back as the focus, with lovely furniture refurbished with nebula shirts whenever possible. There will probably be sweets furniture if I can fit it in.

Right room (bathroom/laundry room): Ice floor and mermaid wall, along with any mermaid furniture that has stars on it and some ice furniture. I also have the cloud making machine from the Kiki and Lala set as the washing machine, and some laundry items like the towel basket and clothesline pole. I also have a claw foot tub refurbished blue and an aroma pot.

Back room (dressing room): Cityscape wall and regal floor, with gothic black rococo furniture and a full moon vanity. There's also my mannequins and some clothes and shoes.

Basement (game room): I'm not 100% sure where I'm going with the game room! There will obviously be my WiiU and stuff, and I put some arcade items down there, but It's mostly just random! I'm thinking maybe an outdoor/nature styled room so that I can put my desert island furniture in, but I'm not sure what wallpaper to use since I don't want to reuse the lunar horizon.

I also have pictures of my mostly completed main room and upstairs room!
HNI_0052.JPG
HNI_0053.JPG

My house theme is sort of meant to be apartment in the city like, but it's not even close to that at the moment. I have waaaaay too little furniture at the moment to even be close to completing it. Recently it's become more of a stuff that i'd choose if I lived in the world of animal crossing tbh. It's a mix of furniture from the game and furniture from the sanrio amiibo. My bedroom is going to be a complete set of Marty's furniture and my living room is furniture from the game and the sofas from Chai.

At the moment, it is kind of all over the place in terms of a set theme. However, once it's fully expanded and I can start collecting furniture, I plan on having a normal house, so one room is the kitchen, one is the bedroom, living room etc.

Back