Pokémon Favorite Pokemon Character

Lillie is one of my favourite characters in any media at all, now. Her development and experiences resonate to almost creepy degrees with my experiences growing up and changing, and she's probably one of the most wholly just good characters I've ever seen in a game. I literally cried watching her development in some scenes. Inevitably, watching the anime has compounded this impression, and I'd honestly recommend it for anyone else who loves Lillie.

Otherwise, Misty has always held a special place for me as I watched the original anime as a little kid and related a lot to her then too. Hau is really sweet and brings a smile to my face, as well. :)

N has always been my favorite character, since Pokemon White/White 2 has always been my favorite Pokemon series. N goes through some serious crap during the game and I can't believe he puts up with all of it, he's seriously a cinnamon roll and is too pure for this world. <3

does nebby count as a character

- - - Post Merge - - -

I heavily anticipated and looked forward to getting to interact with, and cutscenes with, nebby :p

Edit: nebby

Last edited:
N and Steven Stone have always been my two favourite Pokemon characters. I never liked Maxie when I played the originally Ruby, but for some reason he really grew on me when I played OR. I also think Sun and Moon have really great characters. I like Ilima, Gladion, and Lillie.

I'm big fans of YA BOI GUZMA and most anyone from Generation V, like Ghetsis and Bianca. In Gen 4 Barry is good too...Same with Cyrus, Looker, Cynthia...

I guess if I had to make a list of my favorites for every type of character

Protagonist: Dawn/Rosa
Rival: Barry and Hugh
"Friend": Bianca and Lillie
Villain: Ghetsis and Cyrus, Ya Boi Guzma(IDK if he'd be a different character)
Champ: Cynthia
Other: Looker

Out of all of them I think either Ghetsis or Guzma win as characters, to be perfectly honest.

I don't have a favourite character, I have a bunch of favourite characters! So I picked a few.

Lillie - I have a soft spot for characters that are similar to me in many ways, Lillie had very low self esteem and pessimistic thoughts throughout the entire story which is something that hits close to home. I like how relatable she is and I also think she is easily one of the most humblest characters in the entire game series. I also like her design and I love her facial expressions! Her determination to help Nebby also made me like her more.

Cynthia - We didn't have a female champion until Diamond and Pearl, so that made her really unique at the time. Not only was she the first female champion she was also the strongest champion (in my opinion). Gosh, Cynthia has been a very strong lady in every game she has appeared in, she will make you struggle (literally, you will run out of moves). She is also very involved in the story, especially Platinum. She gives you a Togepi egg in Platinum which is very nice to me because the Togepi line is one of my favourites and an asset to any team. She has an interest in Mythology like I do, so she's relatable in a way, which is always nice. She is just a cool character in general, no wonder why she's a fan favourite.

Lusamine - Another first! Lusamine is the first female organisation boss to appear in a main Pok?mon title game. So that's 1 point for uniqueness. She is also crazy, she disowned her children and have you seen her little smirks? Scary, I know. Of course this was all because of the ultra beasts, they took her husband (indirectly, he just got lost in ultra space and got lost on an island...anyways) and she lost control. She was so wrapped up into trying to find him that she forgot about what she had already, a daughter and a son. The situation is really sad but what's even sadder is that she lost control and became obsessed with research and finding a way back into the ultra space to find Mohn. I like Lusamine because she shows that people can take a dark path if something takes a bad turn and they can be redeemed at the end and so she did, after all she was infected by that parasite from the Ultra beasts.

Roxie, I personally feel. She is absolutely awesome as a poison gym type leader. <3 Which, is kinda bias since that's my other favorite. Acerola, from Sun and Moon, I suppose, due to her interesting and quite curious personality and design!

My favorites always end up being rivals: Silver, Wally, N, and Gladion are all my babies
Protect them at all costs...

Oh, and llima.....such a pretty boy with his dumb hair....

Last edited:
My favorites include Lillie, Guzma, Kukui, Anabel, Kiawe, Gladion, Blue, Sycamore, Cynthia, Steven, Archie, May, Wally, Looker, N, Jasmine, Diantha, and Lance.

Last edited:
While I do love alot of the Pokemon characters I have to say Lillie is my favorite! I love her story in Pokemon Sun and Moon, the family drama and her growth! She is such a cool and inspiring character and I love her demeanor and calm personality. Her design is super cute too! ONE DAY I WILL GET THE LIVELY LILLIE NENDOROID 🤍

Arven from ScarVio has really good character development and story. Before S/V it would've been Silver. Silver is a jerk but a jerk who's Giovanni's son and that's saying something. Arven is how you make characters memorable, unlike the Kalos trio (forgot their names!)

I like Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine a lot! They’re such a cute (albeit dysfunctional) family! Instant favorites.

And James and Meowth will probably always be favorites too.

Back