• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where is the Silver Slingshot in Welcome Amiibo Update?

monstergarden

Bells
I created a new town after the update. I consider myself a veteran player, this is my 4th town in NL.

I have shot down more than 30 balloons to get the first badge from Phineas.

Before the update after 14 balloons shot down a silver slingshot would show up floating, to the point it was annoying because of its frequency of showing up.

Now after the update, I have yet to see it float by at all.
Anyone notice this?

Before the update I'd see silver slingshot balloons float by nearly every other turn even though I had already obtained one probably more than once. Since the update I've only seen it once. I'm glad they reduced the chances of that and gave balloons a chance to carry both regular and Harvey items. My slingshot is finally being used again after months of gathering dust.

Before the update I'd see silver slingshot balloons float by nearly every other turn even though I had already obtained one probably more than once. Since the update I've only seen it once. I'm glad they reduced the chances of that and gave balloons a chance to carry both regular and Harvey items. My slingshot is finally being used again after months of gathering dust.

wait what omg. the balloons now carry WA items? i knew they switched to not just balloon but also reg items, but i didn't know they were update items wOW RIP EVERY BALLOON i have let go by for weeks now...

Well, some items at least. I got some "cans" item once from a balloon and a "unicycle" item as well. But they seem to be somewhat rare as I've been sniping balloons and those were the only ones I got so far.

Well, some items at least. I got some "cans" item once from a balloon and a "unicycle" item as well. But they seem to be somewhat rare as I've been sniping balloons and those were the only ones I got so far.

oh okay. but still, even rare, that's like Nice, A+, Good Stuff.

thanks for telling us about it!!

My spare town that just got the players out of tents shot one down.
Not hitting a lot of balloons because it night time in summer. Don't want to make the mistake of hitting a balloon down and freaking out a tarantula or scorpion like I did in another town.

In my main town I still see them. So far I've got 4 Welcome Amiibo items and a lot of store items.
The mayor completed her balloon badges along time ago.

Last edited:
I've gotten the silver slingshot a couple times since the update. Last time was actually just last night. I think it's just less common now with the addition of non-Balloon related furniture items.

Back