• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What catchphrases have you given your villagers?

I made Chief say "suh dude" from that dumbass video, no idea why but I just did it and I haven't regretted it since. Erik's right now is "yum-yum" 'cause I thought it'd be super cute the way he says it in animalese, and it definitely is omg.

I can't remember any others off the top of my head, but they're probably pretty lame since I neglected that option for a while. I like to think about those carefully in case I regret what I typed and it makes me cringe later.

My wolves, Fang & Skye say Grrowlf~
Julian says Totally~ I imagine a valley girl.. xD
Currently don't have a snooty, but I had Kitty and others say Gorgeous~
My cats say Mew~ thought it was cute that Mitzi said that so I got others saying it too. Except for Felyne! I keep him saying his original catchphrase, Nya~
Maple and Bluebear say Sweet~ and say Hiya Sweetstuff when they greet me. Chester still says his original catchphrase. Not sure yet what I want to give him.. ^u^
And for Marshal, I kept his original catchphrase too.. Sulky~ suits him just fine, I think. xD

The funniest one I had was Hamlet who kinda reminded me of Ollie Williams from family guy. He said IT'S GONNA RAIN! And sometimes it was raining lol. Otherwise I usually do ones that make sense (like meow for cats, woof for dogs) because I'm boring like that haha.

Last edited:
I usually make my normal villagers say things like: sweetie, sugar, teatime and honey yeah, I'm boring

Static says 'Pika' or 'zap zap'.
Genji says 'Gotchi', try and guess why.
Marshal says 'marshie' no regrets lol
Francine and Chrissy says 'Bubblegum' or 'pop'

This is not a catchphrase, but I have Hamlet and Flurry saying 'Hamha' to me as a greeting lol

They say various retro slang because that's the theme in my town aptly named, Retro. I have my 4 characters represent different decades: 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Some of them say stuff like "radical," others say "groovy," some say "far out," I had Deli saying "so fly" for awhile, and I've used "like totally" fairly often before too.

Last edited:
Clyde's greeting is Haaaay and catchphrase is Sugar Cube
Julian's greeting is Hold Your Horses and catchphrase is Totally
Tipper's catchphrase is Sweet Tea
Bitty's catchphrase is Girlfriend
Monty's greeting is Moshi Moshi
Mott's catchphrase was Braveheart (Like Brave Heart Lion from Carebears..)
Vladimir's, I'm tempted to make his catchphrase LotsAHeart (also from Carebears)

Once Erik came to me and told me that Wolfgang was making fun of him for saying "chow down" all the time (it's his initial phrase) so I had him say "mean wolf" instead. It actually spread quite a bit, Olaf and Marcie were saying it too for a while. Then Wolfgang came to me for a new catchphrase, and he was saying chow down too! So "hypocrite" was his new phrase. None of those catchphrases are still going around, I forgot what Erik is saying nowadays but Wolfgang says doggo.

I can't remember the last time i've given a villager a catchphrase recently, but in the past i've had the catchphrases onee-kitty for Olivia cringe ik but at the time I was pretty obsessed with calling people I know onee-chan as a joke. (i was such a weeb welp) I've also made Dizzy say noodles for no reason what so ever. Except that was a greeting I believe, but sort of the same thing. Just simply because he was a lazy villager. I've also had villagers say "in bed" because I used to watch a lot of animal crossing related stuff on youtube and I saw somebody who had their villager's catchphrases as that at the time and I quite liked watching them, so I made my villagers say it too LOL. You can get a lot of funny dialogue with that tbh.

I gave Eugene's catchphrase "Greaser" because he's a greaser.

Chrissy's is Toadette due to her pattern.

Filbert's is SpaceCadet because I hacked his house to be more space themed.

Totally off topic, but I'd Give Raddle's Greeting "Dr. Forrest" and Cashmere's "Cash me Outside!"

Oh yeah! I also gave Ketchup's catchphrase "the sauce" Bitty is too much like the Villager...

Last edited:
i don't really have many as my town is fairly new, but i made benjamin say 'bork bork' which was later transmitted over to apollo. i had a good laugh over a bald eagle saying 'bork bork'.

For a while I had almost all of my villagers saying "bangitybang" (or something like that), because it sounds hilarious with their voices.
I used to try to find catchphrases that sounded funny when they said them, but this worked much better in City Folk... Pretty much the only think I like better with CF.

Back