PWP

FreezeFlame

Frost Flame
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Hey everyone! I was actually wondering about those pwp.

I remember before the welcome amiibo update when I'd do the diving trick I'd be able to get some pwp requests quite easily. However, when I started playing again after the update, and reset my town and such, I have never been able to get a single one for a few days now. And yeah, my pockets are full too. Its always either a catchphrase change or greeting change. Is it possible that the frequency rate of pwp request has been lowered, or am i just having really bad luck lol. Thx! :)

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think they removed the trick. But Saving and Quitting to get a villager to ping you 100% (Only works if you're best friends with them) Might still work. Haven't tried it out.

The diving trick has been working for me in my 2017 town, but it seems to work better when I've recently built something. I'd been getting one every day until I stopped building street lights and stuff.

I've been doing this a lot lately. The diving trick, working on your landscaping or keeping still and wait for 5 minutes or so before passing in-front of the villager still works! It just takes longer for them to ping if your friendship level isn't high. Just be ready for them asking to change catchphrase or greeting, and letting you answer a survey. It's not always a guarantee PWP request. Everything is still random so you gotta be patient, I guess :)

Try talking to your villagers more too. I feel like if they are your friend, they'll recommend you PWPs. It happened to me.

Does standing still for 5 minutes work the same as sitting out in the ocean for 5 minutes?

And does 5 minutes actually work? I've only had it work with 10 minutes, but I probably wasn't doing it right.

I haven't experienced it working quite as well while standing still as while diving. I do find that the better your relationship with a villager, the more likely they'll ask you for a PWP.

To state the obvious, remember to be playing with your mayor character, and if you're looking for bridges, remember that villagers will only request new bridge types if you have only one or two bridges in your town. They won't ask if you have three.

It's also a good idea to try and have the same villager ping you each time. I've had the same thing happen to me. 4 or 5 villagers asking for catch phrases, etc, can take a long time before finally getting that pwp suggestion.

I have to be far away and make sure they don't see me while standing still for 5 minutes. It is a guaranteed ping if I pass by a villager that has good relationship with me. I do this when I feel lazy or don't feel like spamming A to go by in the ocean. It probably might've been less than 5 minutes if you both have really high friendship, like they'll ping right after you save/quit then pass by them. If they're fairly new and you haven't interacted as much, 10 minutes is probably the safest bet. I do the diving trick lately though, because they tend to ping me but ask for catchphrase/greeting so I try to change it a bit.

And yes, they won't request for new type of bridge if you have three in your town. I had to take out one of my bridges before then I got Modern, Brick and Wooden/Zen requests almost in succession, but I have yet to get a Fairy-tale. That's what I'm doing now to try to get my peppy to request and get those bridges out of the way before finally building one again.

Does standing still for 5 minutes work the same as sitting out in the ocean for 5 minutes?

And does 5 minutes actually work? I've only had it work with 10 minutes, but I probably wasn't doing it right.

I go to the corner of the map in the ocean and time it for 6 mins and it works everytime for me!

After the update, the rate at which villagers ping you was increased. I think as long as you don't have that many bells on you, and have a clear inventory, the chances of them pinging for a PWP should be higher. I hear having high friendship with a villager increases your chances as well.

Back