• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you value in a person?

Soraru

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Winter Mittens
What characteristics in a person do you value?

Can either be as specific or vague as you like.

ex. I value people who have integrity, are honest, and are great at making others laugh.

Last edited:
Not to be That Guy™ but someone not being a racist/homophobe/transphobe/etc is really important to me

Other than that I like people who are patient, honest and caring. it's also a plus if someone can calm me down whether I'm upset or too going off a bit too much or what have you.

Oh yeah also you gotta be able to make me laugh. That one's probably more important than it should be.

yeah, the upstanding traits of one are what i value. it truly makes me sick to see how rampant the love of someone for purely their looks or body is, completely putting aside that which makes one a good person on the inside.

more specifically, i treasure most one who is understanding and patient. i feel that i can mess up a lot or perhaps make a fool out of myself when in stressful situations, but i'm always meaning the best. a person that is open to deeper conversation and a more introspective stance on life. of course, all of the givens would be things like kindness, honesty, and positivity (to one's best ability).

so, yeah. there is good to find in all, certainly.

I personally value people who are anti-racism/anti-homophobe/anti-misogyny. Anyone who wishes basic human rights for all. Moral people who are open minded, who aren't willing to boost themselves at the expense of others. I value those who have a lot of empathy and emotional intellect, who can relate and understand feelings of hardship and have been through tough times to know what to stay away from, and what not to. I value and respect those who are willing to constantly challenge their initial beliefs in order to fully understand all aspects of a political/social problem, without pride/ego/patriotism/hate blinding their judgement.

On a lighter note, I also value people who like dogs and animals in general. Dogs are the best. :cool:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to be That Guy™ but someone not being a racist/homophobe/transphobe/etc is really important to me

Other than that I like people who are patient, honest and caring. it's also a plus if someone can calm me down whether I'm upset or too going off a bit too much or what have you.

Oh yeah also you gotta be able to make me laugh. That one's probably more important than it should be.

hey, i think the first sentence is important. basically, value those who is being a decent human being. haha.
on the plus side, being kind and funny.

Last edited:
Loyalty, genuineness, kindness, considerateness.

To be more specific, someone who is kind but won't pick being nice to a bad person over being a loyal friend.
Like I'm not even talking about being respectful, but literally inviting them to every friend gathering or whatever.
People who are friends with literally anyone regardless of whatever, I think they can't be good friends. At least to me.

do u know what i like that i believe is a dying trait?? ppl who can admit when they're wrong

I'll tell you what's hard to find in this whirl and is to be cherished-- someone who makes you feel understood...

Genuine, respectful, considerate, appreciative and sensitive. If you don't have these traits, like even if you're the most beautiful person in the world, I wouldn't care and I'd rather not waste my time on you.

I like people who are honest, open-minded, kind hearted, and responsible. I also love people who are creative and fun, but those are not really important attributes, just a bonus. :)

Their ability not to be extremists.

For a tldr version, just be a good person and I'll like you. There are so many douchebags so having someone who isn't one is refreshing af.

I'll tell you what's hard to find in this whirl and is to be cherished-- someone who makes you feel understood...

this is a good one, someone who clearly takes the extra time to make you feel good is a rarity!
humor is a big one for me, because if you can't at the very least appreciate the different world I'm living in then we will not get along

A good indicator of a person's character is how they treat servers in food industry

personality, and looks (usually the last thing i think about)

Back