• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Logic or Imagination?

?

• Total voters
I'm definitely driven by imagination more so than logic, although logic is still important. But imagination just makes life more fun and beautiful ^-^ Besides, The Floor is Lava was my jam back in the day.

i didnt really understand the question but i'll go with logic

I go with logic. Imagination can be a double edged sword - it can help you figure out the toughest problems but it can also make up solutions that are doomed to fail and waste a lot of time. Logic is the middle ground, can solve a majority of problems, but also much more limited.

Imagination can be high risk, high reward.

I tend to be logical to the point of being a buzzkill. I'm the guy who points out plotholes in movies and continuity errors in books and tv shows. Granted, I'm also a writer, so I'd like to say I do have an active imagination. I'm a bit of a dreamer, but there's a time and a place for that.

You definitely need both. Lin-Manuel once said that you can't be entirely in everyone's faces, shouting on every soap box and chasing NON-DTOP toward your goals. You also can't always wait for it, for a better opportunity, better sale, better place, better job...or you'd miss every chance that passes you by. You have to do both.

One hand reaching for tomorrow, while the other firmly grasps onto what you have now, today. The same can be said for imagination and logic. Without both, you fail.

That said, I admire the concept of imagination much more than logic, because I love the spirit in children and their pure, untempered imagination. I intend to write kids' novels, too.

It kind of depends. I'm not so great using my imagination in terms of creating new ideas. In that sense, I am more logical. It is hard for me to dream original concepts or stories up. But when I'm on my own and it's just me in my mind, I tend to daydream a lot to cope with things happening. I imagine my perfect life that I've always wanted. It helps me get away from things...

i always see this thread and im like ???
can we have context?

In the Op I said in general, meaning your everyday life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eh, I guess I depend on logic when I'm driving and stuff?

I mean I have to think more than I have free time to day dream I guess? Weird thread.

I know it is and there's nothing to argue about so its great. XD

Last edited:
I guess imagination. Logic is important but as a disabled person, I have to get pretty creative with my problem-solving, which I think depends a lot on imagination.

Alternatively though, I've got severe paranoia and sometimes I really have to rely on logic to get myself out of my head, so maybe I chose the wrong answer.

You can't have Logic without Imagination. :)
I'd say both, but I'd enjoy being on the Imagination side. :p

Last edited:
Logic. Most of what I do in college relies on a strong foundation of logic, and turning off my more imaginative side helps me get things done easier. We also live in...scary times at the moment, so it's comforting to take a step back and process things instead of letting my imagination run wild about what the future might bring.

Nothing is more magical or fascinating or powerful as imagination. I can just lay in the grass and get lost in my creative thoughts for hours, it fuels my motivation and makes life easier. Logic is great too, to an extent. I knew people who were WAY TOO LOGICAL and never believed anything(even true things), were always acting cynical and pessimistic, and like they were better than everyone because they thought they knew everything. I would honestly get so depressed and feel hopeless if my mindset were like such. Humans can never know everything, and I believe anything is possible in life. I keep my mind open and always try to see everything in full perspective. Seriously though, If I could run off to wonderland and never return to this pathetic bane of existence, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Logic for school and problem-solving, and imagination to help keep my mind off things

Logic for when I analyse TV shows (I have a theory for the new Bates Motel season).
Logic for school.
Imagination for my reading.
Imagination for my writing (it's my dream job to be an author).

Back