Do you believe in a God/Goddess?

?

• Total voters
My experiences with the Catholic church and religion in general has pushed me very far away from it. I'm an atheist and I don't ever see myself becoming religious again.

You mean THE God from Heaven? If so, yes. But I have never heard of a Goddess.

You mean THE God from Heaven? If so, yes. But I have never heard of a Goddess.

You have never heard of a female equivalent to a God? That's something you should probably be told about in school. =/
How do you know that the biblical Deity is male? Or if it even has gender?

I honestly don't really care. I mean, we don't really have enough evidence to believe in it, and thats just too much to worry about. Just don't shove; GOD IS REALLLLLL
into my face then yeah, go ahead, I don't care if you believe or not.

Eh I dunno. I think there is some sort of God-like thing but I don't believe in a specific one, in terms of the ones in religions.

You have never heard of a female equivalent to a God? That's something you should probably be told about in school. =/
How do you know that the biblical Deity is male? Or if it even has gender?

In my church and in the Bible, God is referred to as "the Father", which explains the connotation.

Nope. I've never been religious, nor has my family, but as far as I know my sister believes in God now after moving in with her religious partner. It doesn't bother me but I could never believe in it personally, though I do wonder sometimes if there is a greater being out there. Not necessarily a God, but something else. Either way I doubt we'll ever find out. I guess that makes my views on the subject more agnostic.

Last edited:
I'm a bitter atheist. I was lied to as a child about how great god is and I was given so much false hope. Now that I know better I'm angry because I want to believe. I want to have that comfort that religious people have of an omniscient friend who helps guide your life. But I know that's balogna and I wish I could go back to believing.

If Christianity was real, I would side with Satan. In my perspective, God is immoral and unethical.

after looking through this thread and contemplating my own upbringing, it's shocking to me the amount of people that feel their christian childhoods were so... aggressively unreasonable. i was raised in a christian household in which my mother was the main source of religious input, my father more so being there for the ride. after she died of an OD brought upon by her extreme bipolar, my home became much less religious, we stopped going to church, and i grew up a little bit. after her death, i moved a fair ways away and began attending a private christian school. oklahoma is the buckle of the 'bible belt', so christianity is almost universal in these parts. it's just that as i began reasoning about god, i dropped the belief.

i understand that some might have bad memories or perhaps even emotional scarring, but it is truly worth it to hold such bitter contempt for those which you no longer align? i suppose this does not include those who feel persecuted by those who force their beliefs upon them, but regardless... it just makes me a little melancholic, is all.

oklahoma is the buckle of the 'bible belt', so christianity is almost universal in these parts.

Living in Oklahoma, I'm actually shocked how many nonbelievers I have found. We're increasing in numbers exponentially.

Living in Oklahoma, I'm actually shocked how many nonbelievers I have found. We're increasing in numbers exponentially.

that's true. though where i live you can find a church around nearly every corner, haha. it's a nice place to live though, the people are very kind.

Nope. It amazes me when something tragic happens to someone and people say it's part of God's plan. Like what kind of God would just randomly take away an innocent person? Or maybe God's plan is to rescue the faithful and leave all the sinners and nonbelievers stuck here with Donald Trump...

Back