Eggs
Old Eggs
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
I've found myself thinking about this once again and my thoughts are the same, there is no God/Goddess.

No. When I look at the world and universe and everything around me I do not see any reason to believe in any kind of deity whatsoever.

I do, but saying I "believe" in God is somewhat akin to me saying I "believe" in gravity. I "believe" in gravity because I've experienced it. My "belief" in God is the same, something I root in experience. Other people have different experiences which are no more or less valid than my own, regardless of their outcome. It's not my place to dismiss or question something that intensely personal.

In general, I tend to agree with Marcus Borg, who wrote that what one believes is not as important as what one does with those beliefs. One can believe in all the "right" things and be a mass murderer, or in all the "wrong" things and be a saint.

I'm very agnostic. I believe in the possibility of a creator, but I don't necessarily think it's one we have any knowledge of at all. I believe in the afterlife as well, but I like to think of it as another "layer" of existence, with no more knowledge of a creator than what we have now.

I don't really care at all. Religon has never played any kind of role in my life. I think the majority of my relatives are christians though. I sometimes think that there may very well be some sort of god like figure, because I wonder what created the universe, or what started all of existence. I wonder where the very first organisms came from or how they came to be. And everything after that is evolution to me, really.

i was raised in a very kind and amiable christian environment. it wasn't cutthroat like some people might describe their christian upbringing and it wasn't corrupt like some others, but around seventh grade i started realizing that i was believing in 'God' for the sole reason that i didn't want to go to 'hell'. i suppose it was at about that time my critical thinking emerged properly and i figured that if 'God' didn't make sense and i didn't care for all the things encompassed in Christianity, then i should simply... stop following. i just bluff the believe these days whenever i talk to someone from that school.

despite that, i'm open to the idea of there being a creator, i just don't find it feasible... but one can't be totally narrow-minded.

I heard this quote once "I'm an atheist on my good days and an agnostic on my bad days" and I feel like it's pretty accurate. I believed in God when I was a kid, but those beliefs just aren't congruent with my adult worldview.

Open to the thought. If you'd asked me a few months ago my answer would have been no. I was raised in a terrible Christian community and it spoiled my outlook on the entire religion, but now that I'm mentally (not yet physically, but hopefully soon) removed from the community I'd like to believe something is out there.

I used to identify as agnostic but nowadays would call myself an atheist.

Last edited:
I am Catholic! :U

heh, that reminds me of a scene from a movie called She's the One:

(the Dad was scolding his adult sons about taking the Lord's name in vain at their house}

Mickey Fitzpatrick: Why are you getting so upset Dad? You don't even believe in God.

Mr. Fitzpatrick: That doesn't mean I'm going to stop being a good Catholic.

Back