• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Star Wars VIII 'The last Jedi'

Bells
Switch
3641-2793-6219
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
it has just been confirmed that this is the title of the upcoming star wars film in the latest sequel trilogy, to be released december 15th of this year. what are your thoughts on the title? any speculation on what this means for the star wars universe?

Pretty sure the new red logo is significant. I have a feeling Luke is on his way back, at long last.

I wonder how they will handle Carrie Fisher. Hopefully they don't mess it up.

I'm speculating that the move will be about
Luke, since Rey managed to find him by the end of the previous movie. If iirc, he is technically the last Jedi is he not? Rey has the ability to wield the lightsaber and use the force, but she has no training. I speculate that he will begrudgingly train her or something.

Last edited:
Carrie Fisher already filmed all her scenes for VIII, so it should be fine. How they handle the next one will be interesting, but it sounds like they have no plans to do CGI weirdness, which is nice.

In other news... please be good please be good please be good

I'm speculating that the move will be about
Luke, since Rey managed to find him by the end of the previous movie. If iirc, he is technically the last Jedi is he not? Rey has the ability to wield the lightsaber and use the force, but she has no training. I speculate that he will begrudgingly train her or something.

I speculate that she's the sole survivor of the group of padawans that Luke was training before Ren & friends killed them all. Had her memory wiped and was abandoned on Jakku to keep her hidden. Would explain why she already has a grip on the Force, she's always been trained. Also possible that she's Luke's daughter and has inherited talent for using it. Anyway I just hope they make an original story this time and the red logo is definitely an indicator of something bad. Wouldn't be surprised if more characters get killed off in this one.

I speculate that she's the sole survivor of the group of padawans that Luke was training before Ren & friends killed them all. Had her memory wiped and was abandoned on Jakku to keep her hidden. Would explain why she already has a grip on the Force, she's always been trained. Also possible that she's Luke's daughter and has inherited talent for using it. Anyway I just hope they make an original story this time and the red logo is definitely an indicator of something bad. Wouldn't be surprised if more characters get killed off in this one.

I really like this idea actually. I would be pleasantly surprised if the movie background were anything like what you described.

the Disney team already botched things up with the last movie by bringing us angsty skywalker kid who struggles between good and evil=== hello, we got that in the last trilogy and it sucked!!! we dont want more of the same! now get back to proper good and bad guys, where the good guys win in the end, you damn fools!! there's still time for Re-write!!!!

Back