• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

jacob's ladders not growing anymore?

dino

resplendent blueberry corndog
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rainbow Crescent Moon
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Shooting Star
Red Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
has anyone had a perfect town stop producing jacob's ladders before?

i've had the perfect town for a while, golden watering can type etc. and at first when i had it i was getting pretty regularly a jacob's ladder a day. but for the past 2 weeks i have gotten not a single, solitary one. my cliffs have even more space open than they did when i was getting them originally and i have checked with isabelle to ensure that i am maintaining the perfection, but alas, no flowers, day after day, two different seasons now. :(

anyone got any similar experiences or even moreso, any tips on how to get em to grow again, lol?

Did you check if you still had perfect town status? And also, they're just really rare. As long as the new day starts with you having perfect town status, there is a chance that one will spawn. Just have to be patient!

Did you check if you still had perfect town status? And also, they're just really rare. As long as the new day starts with you having perfect town status, there is a chance that one will spawn. Just have to be patient!

yeah like i said, isabelle confirms still a-okay in line.

you're right, they are rare! just think it's strange how i went from one a day or every two days, to two weeks of none whatsoever

yeah like i said, isabelle confirms still a-okay in line.

you're right, they are rare! just think it's strange how i went from one a day or every two days, to two weeks of none whatsoever

Well, it's happened to me and I was just as worried as you that something was wrong, but try not to think of it too much and one day it will be a nice surprise to see one growing at the edge of your cliff :)

i'm having this same problem! i'm surrounding my flower clock with jacob's ladders and only need one more to finish it and.... nothing. but on my very first day of having a perfect town i got one :/
hopefully both of us will have them growing again soon!

Well, it's happened to me and I was just as worried as you that something was wrong, but try not to think of it too much and one day it will be a nice surprise to see one growing at the edge of your cliff :)

ahh okay, nice to know it does happen to other folk. how annoying still! but oh well. thanks !

I know this issue is pretty much solved, but it happens to me too : )
Really annoying because I can't really plan a pattern or anything when I don't know how many I'll have.

i'm having this same problem! i'm surrounding my flower clock with jacob's ladders and only need one more to finish it and.... nothing. but on my very first day of having a perfect town i got one :/
hopefully both of us will have them growing again soon!

I think the one on the first day of perfect town status is a given. It's the game's way of telling the player "see this is what happens". After that though it's all a lottery :p

Maybe it happens when you have too many flowers or hybrids? I'm not sure. Mine stop appearing as well and I've been maintaining my perfect town status for more than a month now. It doesn't bother me though because I feel that I have more than enough of them for my town.

Just be sure to keep all edges clear of anything, I normally get 1 a day so I guess I'm one of the luckies ;____;

I'm surprised nobody has given you the correct answer yet. Jacob's Ladders don't spawn anymore if you already have a certain amount planted in your town. You'll have to remove a few to make them spawn again. If you want them planted in your town, I suggest removing all until you have enough, and then plant them.

I'm surprised nobody has given you the correct answer yet. Jacob's Ladders don't spawn anymore if you already have a certain amount planted in your town. You'll have to remove a few to make them spawn again. If you want them planted in your town, I suggest removing all until you have enough, and then plant them.

Thanks! Didn't know this!! I thought you had to have perfect status for 15 days straight or something before they showed up & I kept messing that up when I leave items out. :x

Hmm, I have a bunch all over town, and they still spawn for me from time to time.. So I'm not sure if this theory is entirely accurate? Perhaps it makes it rarer, but I don't think it's impossible. Then again, who knows, maybe I haven't exceeded the limit? Still worth a try though.

don't think this is me, though. i literally have 5 out right now. lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe it happens when you have too many flowers or hybrids? I'm not sure. Mine stop appearing as well and I've been maintaining my perfect town status for more than a month now. It doesn't bother me though because I feel that I have more than enough of them for my town.

interesting! but i also have less total flowers than i did before when i was getting j.l. to appear, so. hmmmm. strange.

Well, that makes sense if it's true. I have about 30-40 of them so there goes the reason why they don't respawn anymore.

Well, that makes sense if it's true. I have about 30-40 of them so there goes the reason why they don't respawn anymore.

Wow. That's an incredible amount! Must be so beautiful seeing them all together. ^u^

Wow. That's an incredible amount! Must be so beautiful seeing them all together. ^u^

I got most of them from my 3-year old town. In my current, I had only about 5 from perfect town status then I got impatient and just tried to bring over the rest xD and thanks!

Last edited:
Yes removing the Jacob's Ladders helps. They stopped appearing in my main town and I still had a perfect town.
Picked all of them and stored them in my locker. The next day a Jacob's Ladder appeared. Kept doing it until I had enough.

Sent 70 to my other town to decorate. In 3 months I got one new Jacob's Ladder there. The town had the highest rating.

In the beginning, just after I found my first one, I was getting one a day or so. Now, it's much more rare. I think they just make them sprout more in the beginning to make you more excited about it and want to keep it up!

In the beginning, just after I found my first one, I was getting one a day or so. Now, it's much more rare. I think they just make them sprout more in the beginning to make you more excited about it and want to keep it up!

lol, they would be that maniacal lmfao

Back